October goal of the month

TMB

The SPFL are currently running a vote for October goal of the month.  Jermain Defoe's goal against Livingston is there and you can vote for it here: https://spfl.co.uk/news/goal-of-the-month-october-2020

Itten won the award last month so it would be good to see a Rangers player win it again.  Here's the other contenders if anyone is interested (but don't vote for them, vote for Defoe).

To be fair, there are some cracking goals in there!

Defoe's for me is the pick of the bunch though, never seen a goal taken quite so casually.

The long range screamers are good, but there is always an element of hit and hope. Defoe was pure skill and he did exactly what he meant to do, that is the difference for me.

I have got to the stage where I just have no interest in the corporate EPL experience, I would rather watch someone score and absolute screamer for Brechin.

Also notice that Blair Spittal is playing for Partick, always thought he was decent and would have been at a SPFL club. No where near good enough for us, but for the other clubs he would have been a decent player.

1 minute ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Defoe's for me is the pick of the bunch though, never seen a goal taken quite so casually.

The long range screamers are good, but there is always an element of hit and hope. Defoe was pure skill and he did exactly what he meant to do, that is the difference for me.

I have got to the stage where I just have no interest in the corporate EPL experience, I would rather watch someone score and absolute screamer for Brechin.

Also notice that Blair Spittal is playing for Partick, always thought he was decent and would have been at a SPFL club. No where near good enough for us, but for the other clubs he would have been a decent player.

Your comment regarding Defoe's finish is spot on but why you add in Tav's inch perfect 40 yard pass it has 2 class elements to it. 

3 hours ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

There is some cracking goals in there and the first two are right up there in the beauty category but for me it's between two other goals.

Defoe's goal is simply a piece of sublime finishing but on looking at it again the pass is not only on the money it bends it's way right onto JD's toe so that he doesn't break stride to pass it into the net and that , for me and most on here probably , makes it the best of the bunch.

The one by Lewis Ferguson is also another top notch goal in that bunch. To take a pass coming across your body and hit it with the power and accuracy he does is not an easy skill to master.

The rest are good goals but the two i mentioned for me are top notch finishes.

Archived