Interesting DM article about Gerrard

LiverpoolBlue

2 hours ago, simplythebestest said:

Gerrard has achieved more than Arteta. We're up against a rich rival, a hostile footballing body, a corrupt  government and a bigoted populace who fucking despise us and do everything they can to hold us down.

Even being in the hunt for a trophy this soon after being unfairly decimated is one of the most incredible sporting achievements in recent history, and is only possible thanks to all of us who continued pumping money into the club.

Don't forget, the vast majority of clubs who faced what we did would have folded or still been languishing down the leagues for years to come.

:lol: 

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

:lol: 

Do you not think it's an astonishing achievement to be beating household names all over Europe and on course to win the league just 8 years after being dumped into the bottom division of a shite footballing nation? Do you not think we're up against a rich rival that should be light years ahead? Do you not think the SPL and government have been hostile to us? You didn't specify which part you found laughable. I'd maybe even agree with you if you explained why.

I personally think us winning the title this year would be a fucking outrageous achievement, and I'm quite happy holding that view as it will be all the better if we do win.

29 minutes ago, simplythebestest said:

Do you not think it's an astonishing achievement to be beating household names all over Europe and on course to win the league just 8 years after being dumped into the bottom division of a shite footballing nation? Do you not think we're up against a rich rival that should be light years ahead? Do you not think the SPL and government have been hostile to us? You didn't specify which part you found laughable. I'd maybe even agree with you if you explained why.

I personally think us winning the title this year would be a fucking outrageous achievement, and I'm quite happy holding that view as it will be all the better if we do win.

Winning the league would be a massive achievement yes.

Being in the hunt for a trophy, isn’t any where close to being the bigger ever achievement considering some of the shite that has won/been close to winning trophies.

7 hours ago, simplythebestest said:and is only possible thanks to all of us who continued pumping money into the club.

Don't forget, the vast majority of clubs who faced what we did would have folded or still been languishing down the leagues for years to come.

Tbf there are not many clubs that can command 50k watching every home game or who have our history or are indeed the most successful club in the world. 

we are different from many many clubs that’s why.  

Don’t know why people can’t see that when they come up with this argument. 

1 hour ago, KeyserSoze said:

Tbf there are not many clubs that can command 50k watching every home game or who have our history or are indeed the most successful club in the world. 

we are different from many many clubs that’s why.  

Don’t know why people can’t see that when they come up with this argument. 

If septic went into the 3rd division, they would have got 10,000 max at their games. They would have seriously struggled to get up to the top division at the same pace we did. When we were out the top league they were shutting stands ever though they were cleaning up.

17 minutes ago, ZZed said:

If septic went into the 3rd division, they would have got 10,000 max at their games. They would have seriously struggled to get up to the top division at the same pace we did. When we were out the top league they were shutting stands ever though they were cleaning up.

I don’t care. 

we’re different I said 

Now then gents (and ladies), it’s the international break and everyone is bored shitless so we are talking about the FA Cup and how many the scum would have for a game in the bottom tier.

Cheer up, less than a week to the sheep, 3 points and normal service resumed.

The article is a good summation of how Gerrard is getting on and is viewed further afield based on his results.

He's only 2 years into a 4 year contract, and yet plenty clowns wanted him gone in the summer. 

We pay a third less wages than our main competitor, less in transfers, less in loan fees. From a starting position of having lesser value of playing assets and less internationals. To expect a league title in 2 seasons, half a contract to achieve it, is typical aye but we're Rangers pish rather than common sense or logic.

This is a huge season. The LC could be a springboard to more success, but I can see us winning the league even if we don't get it. The league is the be all and end all. 

This discussion gets cleaned up at the end of this season by definition. If we've won the SPL, it's no argument as Arsenal have absolutely no chance of winning the EPL. Arteta would have to win both domestic cups or the Uefa Cup this year to have his achievements comparable. They both have big jobs with big fan bases and higher than average expectations. For me, SG will be a future legend at Rangers. You never know what you have until it's gone.

Archived