Thomas Myhre - Video

julescotia

• julescotia changed the title to Thomas Myhre - Video
3 hours ago, Cedrick said:

Brought in and put us out two competitions in a fortnight I’m sure 😂, Aberdeen away canny mind the tournament and that Dortmund pen save I’m sure he cost the last minute equaliser to go to Extra time 

I've never seen the League Cup game in 1999 (still never seen the goal) but we deserved to go out in Dortmund anyway. Terrible performance.

I think you are thinking of the first goal though. Amoruso (the less said about him that night the better - should have had the captaincy taken off him then and there) stood there like a tit and let his marker get on the end of a corner. It went straight at Mhyre high up, but it was at some pace and he got a hand on it but pushed it into the roof of the net.

The last minute equaliser we encouraged them to hit it long while we stood in our penalty area. Numan was too slow to cover and their striker rifled it in pretty close range. Myhre couldn't have done anything about it.

2 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

I've never seen the League Cup game in 1999 (still never seen the goal) but we deserved to go out in Dortmund anyway. Terrible performance.

I think you are thinking of the first goal though. Amoruso (the less said about him that night the better - should have had the captaincy taken off him then and there) stood there like a tit and let his marker get on the end of a corner. It went straight at Mhyre high up, but it was at some pace and he got a hand on it but pushed it into the roof of the net.

The last minute equaliser we encouraged them to hit it long while we stood in our penalty area. Numan was too slow to cover and their striker rifled it in pretty close range. Myhre couldn't have done anything about it.

Can mind it was an afternoon kick off and wee went the day trip and it was literally to the game and home 🙈😂

On 14/11/2020 at 11:25, peter huistra said:

Did we have Klos , Charbonnier , Snelders , Niemi , all at the club in 99 ?  

Plus loaned Myhre. 

Sure Charbonnier got that bad injury throughout 99 that kept him out. Snelders left. So basically just Klos, Niemi and Myhre.

Archived