Claire whyte stepping down.

kelvd1873

7 hours ago, Bears r us said:

I never knew that Farrier was such a republican, horrible people that get elected in our wee country now. :sad:  

Sadly been happening for decades mate .It’s like a cartel of corruption 

The question would be .Who runs this City/Country  .Officially and the underground world .I think that shower  control both .

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The cynic in me suspects that she may not have been compliant enough for liewell so she had to go.

The pragmatic side of me asks why a lawyer is regarded to be the best choice for someone whose role is to apply footballing rules.

A radical thought for the authorities but why not advertise the post as a part time (can work from home role) and then select the candidate with the most footballing knowledge. Goes without saying that approach would not sit well with liewell but he is the problem and not the solution.

3 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Maxwell said they're looking for a replacement.

Today theyre discussing not replacing her or now I've just read hiring a law firm (coincidence would see that be harper mcloed id imagine) rather than a direct replacement 

4 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

The cynic in me suspects that she may not have been compliant enough for liewell so she had to go.

The pragmatic side of me asks why a lawyer is regarded to be the best choice for someone whose role is to apply footballing rules.

A radical thought for the authorities but why not advertise the post as a part time (can work from home role) and then select the candidate with the most footballing knowledge. Goes without saying that approach would not sit well with liewell but he is the problem and not the solution.

The role includes making decisions which may be subject to legal challenge, so I actually get why a legal background is important.

Unfortunately much of our legal profession come from a cult background, hence the chance of one of them always being in the role. That and the fact the scum control the narrative of the game up here and wouldn't allow anyone not that way inclined into a position of such authority.

Just now, Rfc52 said:

Today theyre discussing not replacing her or now I've just read hiring a law firm (coincidence would see that be harper mcloed id imagine) rather than a direct replacement 

Is that not a suggestion from someone with no influence in the decision making?

41 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

How many bears read “possibly using a law firm instead” and automatically assumed Harper MacLeod?

:lol:

Corrupt as fuck

1 hour ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

The role includes making decisions which may be subject to legal challenge, so I actually get why a legal background is important.

Unfortunately much of our legal profession come from a cult background, hence the chance of one of them always being in the role. That and the fact the scum control the narrative of the game up here and wouldn't allow anyone not that way inclined into a position of such authority.

You make valid points but they employ that very fat guy as a lawyer. I don't see why such a small organisation requires 2.

The role needs to be reappraised. Someone who knows football and can decide based on experience that yes that was a red card or no it was not with the authority to make recommendations regarding the demotion of officials.

Of course it won't happen but in my opinion that's what needs to be done. 

16 hours ago, tannerall said:

Can you explain the offside law.  ?

(100% confident you can, by the way, just jesting)

An attacking player is deened to be offside if any part of their body apart from the hands and arms are closer to the opponent's goal line than the ball and the second last opponent. It only becomes an issue if the offside player is in that position when the ball is played by a team mate and they become involved in play, interfere with an opponent or gain an advantage by being in that position.

6 minutes ago, Blue Nosed Babe said:

An attacking player is deened to be offside if any part of their body apart from the hands and arms are closer to the opponent's goal line than the ball and the second last opponent. It only becomes an issue if the offside player is in that position when the ball is played by a team mate and they become involved in play, interfere with an opponent or gain an advantage by being in that position.

That deserves post of the day .Most of us understand the rule ,But could explain it verbally nevermind write it .

10 hours ago, eejay the dj said:

Sadly been happening for decades mate .It’s like a cartel of corruption 

The question would be .Who runs this City/Country  .Officially and the underground world .I think that shower  control both .

Been a little busy today mate and never seen your reply until now.

I have no idea what is happening in our wee country to be honest, but it is a clusterfuck with SNP/Republications wanting to take us out of the UK. I sometimes have to take a break from it all at times. :sad:

8 hours ago, GersInCanada said:

Come of to fuck mate, don't be coming on here with your common sense approach. :coolio: :thumbsup:

8 hours ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Hmmm. But if you hired someone more competent and likely to get decisions correct a legal background wouldn't be crucial.  

Unless you knew some of the decisions would be a bit iffy. 

32 minutes ago, Blueshoff said:

Hmmm. But if you hired someone more competent and likely to get decisions correct a legal background wouldn't be crucial.  

Unless you knew some of the decisions would be a bit iffy. 

If it is interpretation of rules or game laws and preparing charges and cases then you really need a legal background. I know an ex ref who is a lawyer.

Archived