Jones & Edmunson - 7 Game Ban

savenosouls

3 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Surely travelling to another country, returning, not self isolating, training and then playing is worse (or on par at best) with going to a small house gathering in Scotland?

We’re not really saying that bolingoli ‘didn’t know’ are we, or that that’s an acceptable excuse? :lol: 

I get Rangers are taking a hard line on this publicly, but I hope we’re questioning it behind the scenes. Won’t be found wanting and all that bullshit.

Nobody has said it's an acceptable excuse - hence why he got a 5 game ban for it.

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

That was bolingolis argument, he claimed the club didnt make it clear that he'd have to isolate, he thought that a neg test result would clear him from isolation 

As for jones and edmundson, do you honestly believe that had they not been caught and fined, they would have woke up monday afternoon after the party and phoned gerrard and admitted what they had done, knowing full well the club would need to report it, absolutely not a chance

Maybe the beggars didn't inform him but given the situation it was up to him to know this aswell whether to quarantine or not if he was returning to the country. If I was going away I would know.

It's not whether I believed or not that matters, it's whether the club would have found out via an alternative source. My opinion is that they would have, you might not share that opinion but that's up to you and i'm fine with that.

10 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Then don't ask questions on an open forum if you're not wanting them answered.

I’ll do what I like thanks.

I know it’s a blow to your grossly overinflated ego and bloated levels of self importance, but no one needs or wants your tuppence worth on every single post. 

Just now, graeme_4 said:

I’ll do what I like thanks.

I know it’s a blow to your grossly overinflated ego and bloated levels of self importance, but no one needs or wants your tuppence worth on every single post. 

Ah well, they might just happen to get it anyway. Might learn a thing or two. 

25 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Surely travelling to another country, returning, not self isolating, training and then playing is worse (or on par at best) with going to a small house gathering in Scotland?

We’re not really saying that bolingoli ‘didn’t know’ are we, or that that’s an acceptable excuse? :lol: 

I get Rangers are taking a hard line on this publicly, but I hope we’re questioning it behind the scenes. Won’t be found wanting and all that bullshit.

Bolingoli had two neg test results prior to the killie game, that was his defence, his ignorance to the full quarantine rules plus celtics lack of proper communication of them meant the punishment was split between club and player

Jones and edmundson broke the law, the club were more than covered to the point the government praised us for our covid actions

16 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

Maybe the beggars didn't inform him but given the situation it was up to him to know this aswell whether to quarantine or not if he was returning to the country. If I was going away I would know.

It's not whether I believed or not that matters, it's whether the club would have found out via an alternative source. My opinion is that they would have, you might not share that opinion but that's up to you and i'm fine with that.

Thats the point, he said he thought that a neg test result meant that he could forgo the quarantine, and given the tarriers hadnt communicated the rules clearly it obviously worked in his favour a bit

As for the club finding out via an alternative source with the chuckle brothers, the party was sunday night, training resumed on Tuesday, one day for someone to inform the club is a stretch, given bolingoli took a week and that was hard evidence of him flying out and back into the country, 

Given the fact they two were stupid enough to go to the party then it's a likely assumption that they had no intentions of telling anyone at the club, which would have landed us in massive amounts of shit

1 minute ago, graeme_4 said:

Should google the definition of irony before you incorrectly use it again. 

I know the definition of irony. Alanis Morissette singing a song called ironic which doesn't contain any irony is ironic.

Or calling someone 'RM's last word champion' as you desperately try and get the last word.

6 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Bolingoli had two neg test results prior to the killie game, that was his defence, his ignorance to the full quarantine rules plus celtics lack of proper communication of them meant the punishment was split between club and player

Jones and edmundson broke the law, the club were more than covered to the point the government praised us for our covid actions

Don’t think Jones or Edmundson have tested positive have they? A negative test follow a breach should have no bearing on the situation. 

Ignorance of the law is no defence, hence why Bolingoli was fined by the police - just like the Rangers players. 

There is no reason why our players (who were guilty of a lesser breach IMO) should be more heavily punished by the SFA.

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

I know the definition of irony. Alanis Morissette singing a song called ironic which doesn't contain any irony is ironic.

Or calling someone 'RM's last word champion' as you desperately try and get the last word.

You’re the desperado.

So self absorbed you can’t even see what’s happening here. 

7 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Don’t think Jones or Edmundson have tested positive have they? A negative test follow a breach should have no bearing on the situation. 

Ignorance of the law is no defence, hence why Bolingoli was fined by the police - just like the Rangers players. 

There is no reason why our players (who were guilty of a lesser breach IMO) should be more heavily punished by the SFA.

So why do you think our club wasnt punished but the sheep and the tarriers were? 

9 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Thats the point, he said he thought that a neg test result meant that he could forgo the quarantine, and given the tarriers hadnt communicated the rules clearly it obviously worked in his favour a bit

As for the club finding out via an alternative source with the chuckle brothers, the party was sunday night, training resumed on Tuesday, one day for someone to inform the club is a stretch, given bolingoli took a week and that was hard evidence of him flying out and back into the country, 

Given the fact they two were stupid enough to go to the party then it's a likely assumption that they had no intentions of telling anyone at the club, which would have landed us in massive amounts of shit

Going round the houses now pal, lots of guessing going on.

Getting boring now.

37 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Shut the fuck up. PRICK! 

9 hours ago, quabba said:

Fuck sake. I know the both of them were fannies but Bolingoli only got 3 game ban and he fucked off out of the country and never quarantined without letting anyone know. 

Aberdeen players also 3 game ban. 

We clamped down as soon as we heard.

Seems another rule for us again

They were both very selfish and foolish but it does seem like a lack of parity when it comes to Rangers players.

At the time I thought their might be more to that Bolingoli story than what was reported.His club slaughtered him in the papers for being iresponsible, when really his club was at fault. 

I do think our two players have recieved a harsher sentence than others who had breached the rules. I wonder if the police charged our lads with the same offence and fine as other teams players who breached the rules.

2 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

They were both very selfish and foolish but it does seem like a lack of parity when it comes to Rangers players.

At the time I thought their might be more to that Bolingoli story than what was reported.His club slaughtered him in the papers for being iresponsible, when really his club was at fault. 

I do think our two players have recieved a harsher sentence than others who had breached the rules. I wonder if the police charged our lads with the same offence and fine as other teams players who breached the rules.

Now let’s sit back and wait and see what happens to players from other clubs who may be caught breaching the rules .

Bolingoli was by far the worst breach ,failed to quarantine and his club didn’t know where the fuck he was and played him in a game .Subsequent fixtures needed postponed in an already crammed season .

Lets sit back and watch the corruption 

Archived