Jones & Edmunson - 7 Game Ban

savenosouls

5 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

They were both very selfish and foolish but it does seem like a lack of parity when it comes to Rangers players.

At the time I thought their might be more to that Bolingoli story than what was reported.His club slaughtered him in the papers for being iresponsible, when really his club was at fault. 

I do think our two players have recieved a harsher sentence than others who had breached the rules. I wonder if the police charged our lads with the same offence and fine as other teams players who breached the rules.

They were. Bolingoli, Jones and Edmundson were all issued FPN's

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, magic8ball said:

Now let’s sit back and wait and see what happens to players from other clubs who may be caught breaching the rules .

Bolingoli was by far the worst breach ,failed to quarantine and his club didn’t know where the fuck he was and played him in a game .Subsequent fixtures needed postponed in an already crammed season .

Lets sit back and watch the corruption 

I still think his club knew but gave him the wrong advice 

20 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

They were both very selfish and foolish but it does seem like a lack of parity when it comes to Rangers players.

At the time I thought their might be more to that Bolingoli story than what was reported.His club slaughtered him in the papers for being iresponsible, when really his club was at fault. 

I do think our two players have recieved a harsher sentence than others who had breached the rules. I wonder if the police charged our lads with the same offence and fine as other teams players who breached the rules.

Why would the police charge the aberdeen players, they broke no rules

Bolongoli was fined same as our two were

17 minutes ago, magic8ball said:

Now let’s sit back and wait and see what happens to players from other clubs who may be caught breaching the rules .

Bolingoli was by far the worst breach ,failed to quarantine and his club didn’t know where the fuck he was and played him in a game .Subsequent fixtures needed postponed in an already crammed season .

Lets sit back and watch the corruption 

‘Let’s sit back’ is just what’’s required here.

We are so much further down the road with this, that new transgressions really do need to be hammered.

Very unfortunate that it involves our players, but the authorities have set a standard now which MUST be upheld going forward, including increasing levels of penalty for further breaches, to recognise the level of stupidity, even after all the warnings players have had.

Just hope it’s tarriers next time.

Give ‘em a chance to  confirm that there isn’t any systematic bias in the scum’s favour....

I won’t hold my breath.

1 minute ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Statement's make it sound like they will play for us again. Which is disappointing.

Reckon it would be a bad idea to publicly state that their career was over at the club .Both players still have some value in the transfer market and still need to be kept fit enough to be moved on .

2 hours ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Statement's make it sound like they will play for us again. Which is disappointing.

I said that at the time mate, but was told it was clever by Rangers as it would drive down any money we might get for them etc.

It's disappointing, you're right. I quite like Jones as a player (think Edmundson is shite) but obviously can't treat both differently, but what I'm getting at is that neither of them would really add anything to us with what we're trying to do, so we are in a good position to make the correct decision on them without it really effecting us negatively. 

Rightly or wrongly it's not Kent and Helander who's done this and there's a good footballing reason to give them another chance. Some folk might think that's wrong in itself that it's different rules for the better players, but that wouldn't bother me at all. Gotta weigh it all up.

17 hours ago, Flatcap said:

I hate when people post 'Discuss' after a post......it smacks of arrogance....."I'll put it out there....you now discuss"

If a topic warrants discussion, it will happen. In this case, it hardly warrants discussion anyhow because the SFA penalty means nothing to any Rangers fan. We all want them heavily punished and neither of them would have been anywhere near the first team for a lot longer than seven games.

Matters not whether ther would have been anywhere near the first team, nor that they should be "heavily" punished.

It's everything to do with the punishment fitting the crime and a level playing field.

In this instance they appear to have been singled out for who and what they are, when one compares the sentences meted out to players of other teams previously 

Justice being seen to be done, is not about bias nor emotions, but what is fair and just in the context of the crime committed and precedence in a level playing playing. 

Once again the authorities have surpassed themselves in their bias and hatred of all things Rangers.

The sentence is not about these two players, but all about the Rangers and whilst we rightly condemn their actions, we should also condemn the double standards again at work and defend our club, because our club is what those sentences are all about.

17 hours ago, Raligt said:

Don't really care what happens to other teams. If one of our top players were to do it and get a 7 game ban it would be fully deserved.

These cunts knew exactly what they were doing in our most important season for a decade. Fuck them.

Would it really?

What happened to justice and the punishment fitting the crime? What about a level playing field.

Or are we again just to roll over and take it up the arse?

They were wrong and deserved to be punished, but it is also wrong to apply double standards in justice, just because who and what they are. 

What will be the next inequitous decision to come our way to hole our chances of taking that title?

2 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Would it really?

What happened to justice and the punishment fitting the crime? What about a level playing field.

Or are we again just to roll over and take it up the arse?

They were wrong and deserved to be punished, but it is also wrong to apply double standards in justice, just because who and what they are. 

What will be the next inequitous decision to come our way to hole our chances of taking that title?

Do you not think 7-games fits the crime mate? reason I ask is because we were told quite clearly that these punishments would get stricter and be on a sliding scale if people (players) don't start heeding the warnings. 

Their stupidity (and the other players before them already in this first half of season) are putting the game at risk and could literally get the season stopped thanks to their selfish and ignorant actions.

I think 7-games is perfectly fair when you consider the damage they could have done to us and our fantastic season so far should they have made it into training before the team flew off to Benfica. Imagine the Scottish Government, the SPFL and the track & trace mob got wind of that? whole team isolating, fixtures not being fulfilled, our lead at the top cut and our points-per-game formula that will be essential should this 3-week lockdown not take the edge off the infection rates and have to call the season at some point down the line.

They are lucky it's just 7-games the more I think about it as I type this out.

They are even luckier that (reading between the lines of the Rangers statement) that they will still be Rangers players at the end of it too.

21 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

Do you not think 7-games fits the crime mate? reason I ask is because we were told quite clearly that these punishments would get stricter and be on a sliding scale if people (players) don't start heeding the warnings. 

Their stupidity (and the other players before them already in this first half of season) are putting the game at risk and could literally get the season stopped thanks to their selfish and ignorant actions.

I think 7-games is perfectly fair when you consider the damage they could have done to us and our fantastic season so far should they have made it into training before the team flew off to Benfica. Imagine the Scottish Government, the SPFL and the track & trace mob got wind of that? whole team isolating, fixtures not being fulfilled, our lead at the top cut and our points-per-game formula that will be essential should this 3-week lockdown not take the edge off the infection rates and have to call the season at some point down the line.

They are lucky it's just 7-games the more I think about it as I type this out.

They are even luckier that (reading between the lines of the Rangers statement) that they will still be Rangers players at the end of it too.

Imagine the track and trace mob and the rest you mentioned, getting hold of the Scottish striker Griffiths hosting a birthday party with 40 guests... 

Sorry mate, until there is a level process then all bets are off. 

1 minute ago, eastwoodbear said:

Imagine the track and trace mob and the rest you mentioned, getting hold of the Scottish striker Griffiths hosting a birthday party with 40 guests... 

Sorry mate, until there is a level process then all bets are off. 

and that makes what Jones and Edmundson did ok how exactly? just because Griffiths maybe never got hammered doesn't mean we've been treated harsh here.

You could argue, if you wanted, that even though Griffiths fucked up too, it was done at the very start before the seriousness of this was really established and the proper rules in place with clear warnings regards how they would be clamping down in future and how after Bolingoli/Aberdeen then Scottish football, collectively, were to consider it a "yellow card" ... so are you really surprised that after all that, the publicity etc, our two idiots get 7-games? 

The next idiot player to do this, if he doesn't get at least 7-games, possibly 10-games then aye I'd be the first one to say give them more of a ban.

Archived