Jones & Edmunson - 7 Game Ban

savenosouls

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Seems harsh compared to obvious others but as a penalty I dont think its excessive.

I'm sure every subsequent punishment will exceed this....:sarcasm:

At the very least it's got to match it now.

I can understand the logic behind giving them a longer ban tbh. As long as they're consistent with it.

The main thing here isn't whether we rate the two players or not, it's about the same punishment/standards for ALL players.

They were stupid in the extreme and will possibly not play for us again but to get a 7 game ban when bolli left the country AND played for them and he gets a 3 game ban can't be right.

If any of our top players got a 7 game ban we would all be raging.

1 minute ago, Jasper Blues said:

The main thing here isn't whether we rate the two players or not, it's about the same punishment/standards for ALL players.

They were stupid in the extreme and will possibly not play for us again but to get a 7 game ban when bolli left the country AND played for them and he gets a 3 game ban can't be right.

If any of our top players got a 7 game ban we would all be raging.

Don't really care what happens to other teams. If one of our top players were to do it and get a 7 game ban it would be fully deserved.

These cunts knew exactly what they were doing in our most important season for a decade. Fuck them.

29 minutes ago, Flatcap said:

I hate when people post 'Discuss' after a post......it smacks of arrogance....."I'll put it out there....you now discuss"

If a topic warrants discussion, it will happen. In this case, it hardly warrants discussion anyhow because the SFA penalty means nothing to any Rangers fan. We all want them heavily punished and neither of them would have been anywhere near the first team for a lot longer than seven games.

I hate when people claim to speak for me, it smacks of arrogance.

Regarding the 2 numpties, the punishment certainly doesn't fit the crime considering what punishments went before it but it doesn't surprise me in the slightest.

Discuss.

Punishment clearly doesn't fit the crime. The precedent was set with the sheep and tarriers, the same punishment should've been for them 2 wanks.

If it were in any other circumstances then the club should fight it. If the 7 game ban is now the precedent and not 3 then will be interesting the next tarrier prick gets caught breaking protocol. 

3 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

I hate when people claim to speak for me, it smacks of arrogance.

Regarding the 2 numpties, the punishment certainly doesn't fit the crime considering what punishments went before it but it doesn't surprise me in the slightest.

Discuss.

I think there's been plenty warnings, plenty briefings, and plenty time for players to get their heads round what they must / must not do. Theres also the previous examples of player stupidity and resultant punishment for any player needing more clarity.

So I actually have no issue with punishments increasing as time passes by, there's now zero scope for excuses, confusion, lack of awareness etc. As long as the next offender gets more than 7 games... if its a beggar thats when we'll see the authorities true colours.

8 minutes ago, Raligt said:

Don't really care what happens to other teams. If one of our top players were to do it and get a 7 game ban it would be fully deserved.

These cunts knew exactly what they were doing in our most important season for a decade. Fuck them.

I agree it would be fully deserved if it was one of our top players, but only if the same is dished out to everyone.

"Fair" means for everyone.

I have no sympathy for the players but the punishment needs to be consistent.

Has some new rule came into place that see's our players being treated differently to the sheep and fenian players?

If it has then fair enough and going forward everyone knows the deal.

They'll be heading out the door in Jan anyway.

6 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Punishment clearly doesn't fit the crime. The precedent was set with the sheep and tarriers, the same punishment should've been for them 2 wanks.

If it were in any other circumstances then the club should fight it. If the 7 game ban is now the precedent and not 3 then will be interesting the next tarrier prick gets caught breaking protocol. 

So the club should be fined? Get that tae fuck. 

Also, it was a 5 game ban Bolingoli got. (two suspended) 

7 games when a pile of Aberdeen players in the same pub got 3 and GoodGollyMissMolly left the fucking country and received less punishment, deary me.  I’ve no sympathy for punishment being handed out as they were daft but there is zero consistency being applied to those breaching, which just annoys everyone. 

20 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

At the very least it's got to match it now.

I can understand the logic behind giving them a longer ban tbh. As long as they're consistent with it.

Remember both Celtic and Aberdeen punishments also included fines for the clubs. We've not even been charged. 

Aberdeen and Celtic were essentially hit for not making clear to their players EXACTLY what is expected so there was a slight degree of mitigation from the players' perspective. 

That isn't the case with us which is why the players have been hit harder and the club hasn't even been cited. 

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Remember both Celtic and Aberdeen punishments also included fines for the clubs. We've not even been charged. 

Aberdeen and Celtic were essentially hit for not making clear to their players EXACTLY what is expected so there was a slight degree of mitigation from the players' perspective. 

That isn't the case with us which is why the players have been hit harder and the club hasn't even been cited. 

Did Bolingoli break the law? I know the Aberdeen players didn't, whereas Jones and Edmundson did so I guess that has probably been factored in too?

I've got no complaints over it in all honesty.

See some folk on the Facebook pages going into meltdown saying where's the consistency as Celtic and Aberdeen players only got a 3-match ban and were fined 30k

Dunno if it's just me or I'm missing something, but I'd rather the club didn't pay 30k and have two players who never play (and won't play for Rangers again) being available for selection, sooner.

39 minutes ago, savenosouls said:

"Arogance" on what basis?

You also say "we all want them heavily punished" - I think it quite arrogant that you believe you speak for us "all"!!!

Fucking into him mate, coming at you like that in your own thread

4 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

I've got no complaints over it in all honesty.

See some folk on the Facebook pages going into meltdown saying where's the consistency as Celtic and Aberdeen players only got a 3-match ban and were fined 30k

Dunno if it's just me or I'm missing something, but I'd rather the club didn't pay 30k and have two players who never play (and won't play for Rangers again) being available for selection, sooner.

The players got five game bans (two of them suspended) and their clubs fined as well. I'd happily take those two fuckwits getting two more games on top if it means the club has done nothing wrong.

28 minutes ago, frenv said:

It was a free hit for the SFA as they know we can't be seen to defend the player's actions on this.

We can’t be seen to defend the players actions but we certainly should be asking how travelling to a foreign country, not isolating and actually appearing in a game is only worthy of a ban totaling less than half the duration for going to a private house and being isolated before having contact with any other player.

Archived