Jones & Edmunson - 7 Game Ban

savenosouls

18 minutes ago, The Dude said:

So the club should be fined? Get that tae fuck. 

Also, it was a 5 game ban Bolingoli got. (two suspended) 

Why were two suspended?  Why didn’t he get a 7 game ban like Jones and Edmundson?  Why is the punishments different?

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, The Dude said:

The players got five game bans (two of them suspended) and their clubs fined as well. I'd happily take those two fuckwits getting two more games on top if it means the club has done nothing wrong.

Aye agreed.

I do see a little bit of, how can I word it, two Rangers players who have done similar wrong (but no worse than Griffiths and Aberdeen's players) to others before them getting the brunt of it on a personal level with 7-matches, because warnings have already been dished out in advance of this to others before them, but c'mon to fuck, as we're saying the club haven't been fined a semi-decent amount (like 30k) and it's all on two idiots who won't play for us again anyway? 

Let the players themselves appeal it if they think it's excessive. Best of luck to them - but that's on them, their battle. It's immaterial to us as their careers are over here anyway.

As a Rangers fan, trust me, there's PLENTY for the support to be irate at the SFA/SPFL/Scottish football over - this literally isn't one of them. 

7 minutes ago, TMB said:

Why were two suspended?  Why didn’t he get a 7 game ban like Jones and Edmundson?  Why is the punishments different?

Mitigation. Which is why their clubs were fined and ours wasn't. Celtic and Aberdeen failed to make clear to the players what they could/couldn't do. We had. So much so that even Nicola Fucking Sturgeon praised us for it.

Why weren't Rangers fined?

53 minutes ago, savenosouls said:

"Arogance" on what basis?

You also say "we all want them heavily punished" - I think it quite arrogant that you believe you speak for us "all"!!!

"Arogance" on what basis?....on the basis that it comes across as very 'school teachery'

You also say "we all want them heavily punished" - I think it quite arrogant that you believe you speak for us "all"!!!....Fair point.

Just now, The Dude said:

Yes. There's been no charges issued against the club, only the players. That wasn't the case with Celtic and Aberdeen.

Ahh ok I thought the club fines came after the player bans with the sheep and tarrier cases, I didn't see the bit where the SFA confirmed we were not to be fined.

If the club don't get fined then ban the pricks for every game until January 1st. 

1 minute ago, esquire8 said:

Ahh ok I thought the club fines came after the player bans with the sheep and tarrier cases, I didn't see the bit where the SFA confirmed we were not to be fined.

If the club don't get fined then ban the pricks for every game until January 1st. 

They are banned for every one until December 30 anyway.

Their fines came after the cases, but the charges were much earlier. Maybe even the same day.

6 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Mitigation. Which is why their clubs were fined and ours wasn't. celtic and Aberdeen failed to make clear to the players what they could/couldn't do. We had. So much so that even Nicola Fucking Sturgeon praised us for it.

SFA sympathiser IMO.  

7 minutes ago, The Dude said:

They are banned for every one until December 30 anyway.

Their fines came after the cases, but the charges were much earlier. Maybe even the same day.

Just had a look to see and the club charges were before the players suspensions with the fines coming a month after. Both tarriers and sheep were fined £8k with £22k suspended pending further breaches.

Going by that the club would've been notified of being charged already which isn't the case.

1 minute ago, esquire8 said:

Just had a look to see and the club charges were before the players suspensions with the fines coming a month after. Both tarriers and sheep were fined £8k with £22k suspended pending further breaches.

Going by that the club would've been notified of being charged already which isn't the case.

AFAIK, the club have only had praise from the authorities for their handling of this - and their day-to-day processes in minimising risk of infection etc.

15 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Mitigation. Which is why their clubs were fined and ours wasn't. celtic and Aberdeen failed to make clear to the players what they could/couldn't do. We had. So much so that even Nicola Fucking Sturgeon praised us for it.

That's all fair enough but to simply add on 2 games on top just for good measure isn't right and the players should challenge it.

1 hour ago, Flatcap said:

I hate when people post 'Discuss' after a post......it smacks of arrogance....."I'll put it out there....you now discuss"

If a topic warrants discussion, it will happen. In this case, it hardly warrants discussion anyhow because the SFA penalty means nothing to any Rangers fan. We all want them heavily punished and neither of them would have been anywhere near the first team for a lot longer than seven games.

Totally agree mate. Makes them sound like wee dicks.

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

AFAIK, the club have only had praise from the authorities for their handling of this - and their day-to-day processes in minimising risk of infection etc.

Only issue with that is the SFA fucking despise us with every bone in their body. Authorities did praise us for our handling of it, doesn't mean the SFA will do the same. Actually can't remember the SFA or JRG praising us at all.

2 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

That's all fair enough but to simply add on 2 games on top just for good measure isn't right and the players should challenge it.

Gerrard should tell them idiots to shut the fuck up and take their fucking medicine. Only embarrassing themselves and the club more if they challenge it and possibly do further damage.

2 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

No they shouldn't, they were warned, warned and warned again by the club, not only the club but it was plastered all over the bloody news about what not to do

3 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

Different levels of mitigation. Not every offence charged under the same rule will get the same punishment.

2 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Only issue with that is the SFA fucking despise us with every bone in their body. Authorities did praise us for our handling of it, doesn't mean the SFA will do the same. Actually can't remember the SFA or JRG praising us at all.

Not everything is going to be done in a statement on their website. Some clubs push for that sort of recognition more than others.

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

Different levels of mitigation. Not every offence charged under the same rule will get the same punishment.

Have you heard all the mitigation? What in your opinion differed?

Eager to know why our players get 2/3 of Bolingoli's actual punishment lumped on top or 2/5ths if you want to include suspended ban.

6 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

No they shouldn't, they were warned, warned and warned again by the club, not only the club but it was plastered all over the bloody news about what not to do

I hear you, absolutely i do.

They should have known better and we should just accept that we are governed to a different level than everyone else.

End of story.

1 minute ago, plumbGER said:

Have you heard all the mitigation? What in your opinion differed?

Eager to know why our players get 2/3 of Bolingoli's actual punishment lumped on top or 2/5ths if you want to include suspended ban.

Not all, no but largely down to clubs making sure players are adhering to the rules, reinforcing that they aren't to be going on jollies abroad or out team-handed for meals. Some clubs were pretty laid-back and assumed that their players weren't thick as fuck (and not just Aberdeen and Celtic btw) while others have constantly drilled it into players (us and motherwell are probably the two in the Prem managing it best).

That said, there are players at every single club who have been breaching the rules and not only the ones who've been caught either. Some are that fucking thick they let their pals post pictures on social media.

Archived