Jump to content

Jones & Edmunson - 7 Game Ban


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Who cares what you hate. Discuss.

Fuck sake. I know the both of them were fannies but Bolingoli only got 3 game ban and he fucked off out of the country and never quarantined without letting anyone know.  Aberdeen players also 3

Glad they got banned like most Rangers fans but the double standards is frightening. 

Posted Images

3 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Sack them both.

This in a nutshell 👍

2 hours ago, Prso's headband said:

Glad they got banned like most Rangers fans but the double standards is frightening. 

Not really. This is the norm now. The expectation was set 2012 with the SFA wankers. 

 

But to be entirely honest, for these two, I couldn't give a toss this time and as @Tiger Shaw pointed out, it will send a clear message to our first team not to mess about, so I'm quite okay with this - for a change. 

 

Bluekev, Tiger Shaw and TamCoopz like this
Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I'm enjoying this drunk nonsense. It would make much more sense if I was someone that drinks. 

Do try harder. 

I’ll try to get the debate restarted. Your fine amount point is mute due to the fine being for celtic being punished and Rangers weren’t. That then leaves the only equivalencies being the punishments dished out to the players. Rangers players were punished a lot more severe than celtic or Aberdeen players. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Howsitgoing said:

I’ll try to get the debate restarted. Your fine amount point is mute due to the fine being for celtic being punished and Rangers weren’t. That then leaves the only equivalencies being the punishments dished out to the players. Rangers players were punished a lot more severe than celtic or Aberdeen players. 

Because the club's failure to ensure their players' awareness of the correct process mitigated the players' actions to a degree.

The Aberdeen players offence didn't even require police involvement as it wasn't a breach of the law but only 'guidelines', Bolingoli, Jones and Edmundson were all issued Fixed Penalty Notices. So it's understandable there is a variance there.

Celtic were found to have some responsibility for Bolingoli's actions through their failure to make players aware of exactly what the could/couldn't do. AFAIK, the player's argument was that as far as he was aware based on the info from the club, as long as he tested negative pre-match, he wasn't obliged to isolate after being out of the country. That slightly (only slightly though) mitigates the players responsibility and is why his ban was a bit lower and why Celtic were also fined.

Jones and Edmundson didnt have that same excuse. Rangers have made it perfectly clear to players what they can and can't do. There was no confusion, no ambiguity and no failure to inform players or correct practice. The players had, literally, only themselves to blame. To the point Sturgeon publicly praised Rangers' management of everything while she near had a meltdown on live TV and her head doing that weird shaky thing it does when it was the other two.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Howsitgoing said:

I’ll try to get the debate restarted. Your fine amount point is mute due to the fine being for celtic being punished and Rangers weren’t. That then leaves the only equivalencies being the punishments dished out to the players. Rangers players were punished a lot more severe than celtic or Aberdeen players. 

Thats because the mongos broke the law effectively, the sheep only broke guidelines which arent as severe and the tarrier by sounds of things threw them under a bus claiming they didnt tell the players of the rules properly

Jones snd edmundson have absolutely no comeback here, their punishment is deserved and in line with breaking the law

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Dude said:

Hence why the punishments are different.

Hardly fucking rocket science.

Don't think that computes. 

The clubs obviously have different levels of Covid safety and that's why we weren't fined. 

The fact that our club behaved impeccably and was even praised by wee burnie shouldn't mean our players are more harshly treated than others. 

plumbGER likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Because the club's failure to ensure their players' awareness of the correct process mitigated the players' actions to a degree.

The Aberdeen players offence didn't even require police involvement as it wasn't a breach of the law but only 'guidelines', Bolingoli, Jones and Edmundson were all issued Fixed Penalty Notices. So it's understandable there is a variance there.

celtic were found to have some responsibility for Bolingoli's actions through their failure to make players aware of exactly what the could/couldn't do. AFAIK, the player's argument was that as far as he was aware based on the info from the club, as long as he tested negative pre-match, he wasn't obliged to isolate after being out of the country. That slightly (only slightly though) mitigates the players responsibility and is why his ban was a bit lower and why celtic were also fined.

Jones and Edmundson didnt have that same excuse. Rangers have made it perfectly clear to players what they can and can't do. There was no confusion, no ambiguity and no failure to inform players or correct practice. The players had, literally, only themselves to blame. To the point Sturgeon publicly praised Rangers' management of everything while she near had a meltdown on live TV and her head doing that weird shaky thing it does when it was the other two.

 

That’s fair enough, can’t argue against any of that. Bolingoli one is a bit far fetched though, he knew alright and so did they. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Thats because the mongos broke the law effectively, the sheep only broke guidelines which arent as severe and the tarrier by sounds of things threw them under a bus claiming they didnt tell the players of the rules properly

Jones snd edmundson have absolutely no comeback here, their punishment is deserved and in line with breaking the law

Yes that’s fair enough.  Bolingoli was fined for breaking the law also though.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The biggest impact on us, given both players are pretty much third string, would have been a forced postponement of games. Always being ahead of them in games played keeps the pressure on them and that will become even more important as fixtures pile up. 

The fact the club have actually been praised and have not been subject to fines or canceled fixtures is a major plus - and clearly  differentiates the punishment that they and the sheep got for their breaches from the one given only to the players.

Plus, Edmunson is one of the top scorers against us this season, so not having that threat for seven games can surely only help the push for 55 :rangers:

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Thats because the mongos broke the law effectively, the sheep only broke guidelines which arent as severe and the tarrier by sounds of things threw them under a bus claiming they didnt tell the players of the rules properly

Jones snd edmundson have absolutely no comeback here, their punishment is deserved and in line with breaking the law

Not even the first time for Jones this year.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, The Dude said:

It's not really. There are still players now who can't quite get their head around the rules.

Not the one involving travelling to other countries. You’d have to be pretty thick to not know you might need to isolate if travelling to other countries outwith a sporting context and this football bubble.
 

In my opinion that was the deal they made to him to allow the truth to be hidden. But we will never know!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Howsitgoing said:

Not the one involving travelling to other countries. You’d have to be pretty thick to not know you might need to isolate if travelling to other countries outwith a sporting context and this football bubble.
 

In my opinion that was the deal they made to him to allow the truth to be hidden. But we will never know!

What was the story with that again? Should the whole scum team not have had to isolate after he played in a game when he should have been isolating? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Upcoming Events

    • 25 July 2021 17:00 Until 19:00
      0  
      Rangers v Real Madrid
      Ibrox Stadium
      Friendly Match

×
×
  • Create New...