Jones & Edmunson - 7 Game Ban

savenosouls

Just now, King Jela said:

What was the story with that again? Should the whole scum team not have had to isolate after he played in a game when he should have been isolating? 

Apparently he came back on the Tue but the media didn’t make them aware until the Monday one day after they had played Kilmarnock. Pretty iffy! 

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Because the club's failure to ensure their players' awareness of the correct process mitigated the players' actions to a degree.

The Aberdeen players offence didn't even require police involvement as it wasn't a breach of the law but only 'guidelines', Bolingoli, Jones and Edmundson were all issued Fixed Penalty Notices. So it's understandable there is a variance there.

celtic were found to have some responsibility for Bolingoli's actions through their failure to make players aware of exactly what the could/couldn't do. AFAIK, the player's argument was that as far as he was aware based on the info from the club, as long as he tested negative pre-match, he wasn't obliged to isolate after being out of the country. That slightly (only slightly though) mitigates the players responsibility and is why his ban was a bit lower and why celtic were also fined.

Jones and Edmundson didnt have that same excuse. Rangers have made it perfectly clear to players what they can and can't do. There was no confusion, no ambiguity and no failure to inform players or correct practice. The players had, literally, only themselves to blame. To the point Sturgeon publicly praised Rangers' management of everything while she near had a meltdown on live TV and her head doing that weird shaky thing it does when it was the other two.

Spain was on the Government quarantine list so regardless of what celtic had or hadn't to Bolingoli he should have known he was required to self isolate for 14 days on returning from there. 

4 minutes ago, Brubear said:

Spain was on the Government quarantine list so regardless of what celtic had or hadn't to Bolingoli he should have known he was required to self isolate for 14 days on returning from there. 

Again, the player's argument was that as far as he was aware based on the info from the club, as long as he tested negative pre-match, he wasn't obliged to isolate after being out of the country.

Josh Windass should've known an omelette was made from eggs. He didn't.

Probably been said many times on the thread already,  both players deserved to be punished but with parity applied, based upon previous offences by the Sheep and the oinks.  3 games would have been fair.

I’d expect the club to appeal for the 7 games to be reduced to 3 to be honest.

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

It was a celtic fan who grassed him in.

That’s even more iffy. The reasoning on why and when they were made aware in normal circumstances would be newsworthy but in this instance it’s all speculation with no one willing to force answers from them. Seen one picture of him on the plane, presume that’s the celtic fan and why did he wait until one day after they played another team. Lots of unanswered questions. 

2 minutes ago, Howsitgoing said:

That’s even more iffy. The reasoning on why and when they were made aware in normal circumstances would be newsworthy but in this instance it’s all speculation with no one willing to force answers from them. Seen one picture of him on the plane, presume that’s the celtic fan and why did he wait until one day after they played another team. Lots of unanswered questions. 

Thats the guy. Although he was on the outbound flight. He was interviewed in one of the papers iirc (The Sun maybe)

1 minute ago, DMax399 said:

Probably been said many times on the thread already,  both players deserved to be punished but with parity applied, based upon previous offences by the Sheep and the oinks.  3 games would have been fair.

Tbf mate their actions (if not picked up on time) could potentially have caused our whole first team squad to isolate, 7 games for their unbelievable stupidity I can live with. Where I will have issue is going forward and expecting similar punishment awarded to other team players on a par with our guys. Harsh but a great deterrent and the bar has now been set...

6 minutes ago, DMax399 said:

Should Rangers have been fined?

19 minutes ago, Brubear said:

Exactly.  If the law of the land states a person can’t leave the house how can they possibly be eligible to play a game of football?  All we heard is that celtic had registered him but that means fuck all if it was illegal for him to even be on the park.

First of all, If this was 2 of our better players, there would be excuses made by most of this site backing them up, or at least for them to receive the bare minimum punishment, I guarantee nobody would be calling for them to be sacked.

Jones has previous of proving he’s not professional enough to be at a club our size, he’s had his last chance an fucked it, Edmundson on the other hand until now, hasn’t put a foot wrong since arriving that I can think of, IMO he’s nowhere near our level to compete for a starting spot in our team, nothing but a squad player so these 2 could easily be binned an it won’t effect us, but as I said it would be interesting to see the reaction if it was 2 players that could be the difference between us achieving our ambitions this year or not.

i could be wrong obviously, but I doubt anybody on here would rather the tarriers won the league as long as we as a club act politically correct in dealing with our employees, some of the comments smacks of hypocrisy!

personally I couldn’t care less what happens to them cos they aren’t very good players, Jones being the most talented of the 2 but if you don’t have the professionalism your not even giving yourself a chance

End of the day I trust the club to deal with them, I’d be more disappointed if something like this happens again, this should be the warning that every player in our squad needs to act in a way befitting of a Rangers player cos if there’s a next time, whatever the outcome of this will set a precedent, and it could affect our season and gift the tarriers 10iar

4 minutes ago, The Dude said:

That doesn't make any sense. If you want identical punishments then it's identical punishments across the board.

It absolutely does make sense mate. There should be a punishment set for individuals who break the rules. In the same sense as there are yellow and red cards. Regardless if clubs punishment as that is a seperate issue.

11 minutes ago, TMB said:

No.  Even so, the length of time the individual players are banned should be identical.  

Ignore him he's trolling.

He admitted Rangers did no wrong and the beggars did so why would the club be fined.

I agree the players punishment should be identical fwiw, despite my opinion being that Bolingolis offence was worse but because the warning from the SG, our players should have known better.

1 minute ago, Malkytfp1 said:

It absolutely does make sense mate. There should be a punishment set for individuals who break the rules. In the same sense as there are yellow and red cards. Regardless if clubs punishment as that is a seperate issue.

There are punishments set for players who break the rules. There's a sliding scale depending on the severity of it and any mitigating circumstances. Is every foul punished identically? Every handball get the same card issued? 

2 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

Ignore him he's trolling.

He admitted Rangers did no wrong and the beggars did so why would the club be fined.

I agree the players punishment should be identical fwiw, despite my opinion being that Bolingolis offence was worse but because the warning from the SG, our players should have known better.

Aye, discussing the topic is trolling. 

3 hours ago, plumbGER said:

That's all fair enough but to simply add on 2 games on top just for good measure isn't right and the players should challenge it.

Exactly!!

So because Rangers are following procedures correctly, and are rightly praised for it, our players should have 2 more games suspension than a player who went on his holidays and played in a match a few days later without self isolating? 

doesn’t add up!!

Archived