Jones & Edmunson - 7 Game Ban

savenosouls

41 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Should Rangers have been fined?

I don’t know mate.  Given the similarities of the offences between the 3 clubs, I personally wouldn’t have argued if it had been, but as I said in my post how do you square the 3 match bans previously handed out compared to a 7, simply from a player perspective?  A little transparency from the SFA on how they came to that decision wouldn’t go amiss I think.

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dude, 

You normally have good, factual input on subjects in this forum, but on this one you appear to just want to disagree with everyone and everything. 

Our club should not be fined as it did nothing wrong. 

Our players should be treated the same as all others. It could even be argued that their punishment should be less than bolli as they didn't leave the country and didn't play. 

Please behave. 

Just now, DMax399 said:

I don’t know mate.  Given the similarities of the offences between the 3 clubs, I personally wouldn’t have argued if it had been, but as I said in my post how do you square the 3 match bans previously handed out compared to a 7, simply from a player perspective?  A little transparency from the SFA on how they came to that decision wouldn’t go amiss I think.

See my earlier post where I did exactly that. 

46 minutes ago, Robmc1 said:

Tbf mate their actions (if not picked up on time) could potentially have caused our whole first team squad to isolate, 7 games for their unbelievable stupidity I can live with. Where I will have issue is going forward and expecting similar punishment awarded to other team players on a par with our guys. Harsh but a great deterrent and the bar has now been set...

Can’t disagree mate.  But I’d like the SFA to explain why the punishment differed in this case.  

Just now, Jasper Blues said:

Dude, 

You normally have good, factual input on subjects in this forum, but on this one you appear to just want to disagree with everyone and everything. 

Our players should be treated the same as all others. It could even be argued that their punishment should be less than bolli as they didn't leave the country and didn't play. 

Please behave. 

Im only disagreeing with the people who want to disagree with me. 

That’ll take them nicely up to the January transfer window, when they will both be shown the door. 
The disregard they have shown their fellow professionals and the club cannot be allowed to happen again. No one person is bigger than the institution that is Rangers F.C. 

6 minutes ago, kelvd1873 said:

Exactly!!

So because Rangers are following procedures correctly, and are rightly praised for it, our players should have 2 more games suspension than a player who went on his holidays and played in a match a few days later without self isolating? 

doesn’t add up!!

Of course it doesn't.

Even the numpty going on about us being/not being fined has admitted as a club we did no wrong so not quite sure where he is going with that.

Says something about the state of our squad that i'm not in the least bit bothered. Ban could have been 14 games for all this pair of fools could have totally derailed our season. People saying its harsh compared to previous have a point but it was stated from the Scottish Government and the SPFL that future punishments may be harsher. They are idiots not fit to lace the boots of those who have gone before them. 

4 hours ago, Jasper Blues said:

The main thing here isn't whether we rate the two players or not, it's about the same punishment/standards for ALL players.

They were stupid in the extreme and will possibly not play for us again but to get a 7 game ban when bolli left the country AND played for them and he gets a 3 game ban can't be right.

If any of our top players got a 7 game ban we would all be raging.

Do we think our club might do a taig FC and ask why there is such disparity ?:lol:

9 minutes ago, Jasper Blues said:

Dude, 

Please behave. 

Why should the players be treated the same 

The aberdeen players did nothing wrong regarding official government rules, they made the mistake of believing they could go out in their group as they worked together, and it was only a guideline at the time, the police didnt get involved

Bolingoli claimed the club didnt inform him properly about the rules, hence why the tarriers had games postponed and he was banned plus a fine for the tarriers, he was given a fixed penalty notice by plod for not quarantining but again partial blame was on the tarriers as a club

Jones and edmundson both knew that house parties were against the covid laws that were in place, not only did the scottish government tell everyone of this but the club did, numerous times, they still did it anyway and were given a fixed penalty notice by plod

All 3 instances were completely different, hence the difference in punishment

4 minutes ago, DrLaudrup said:

Says something about the state of our squad that i'm not in the least bit bothered. Ban could have been 14 games for all this pair of fools could have totally derailed our season. People saying its harsh compared to previous have a point but it was stated from the Scottish Government and the SPFL that future punishments may be harsher. They are idiots not fit to lace the boots of those who have gone before them. 

It technically is 14 games:p:

3 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

The aberdeen players did nothing wrong regarding official government rules, they made the mistake of believing they could go out in their group as they worked together, and it was only a guideline at the time, the police didnt get involved

Bolingoli claimed the club didnt inform him properly about the rules, hence why the tarriers had games postponed and he was banned plus a fine for the tarriers, he was given a fixed penalty notice by plod for not quarantining but again partial blame was on the tarriers as a club

Jones and edmundson both knew that house parties were against the covid laws that were in place, not only did the scottish government tell everyone of this but the club did, numerous times, they still did it anyway and were given a fixed penalty notice by plod

That’s a pretty good assessment to be fair.

1 minute ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Do you believe what Jones and edmondson did was worse the Bolingoli. Regardless of what his club did or didnt do it was government policy that return from spain required a 14 day isolation yet he went back to the squad and also played a game. 

1 minute ago, DMax399 said:

That’s a pretty good assessment to be fair.

Except the SFA are saying what Jone and Edmundson did was significantly worse that Bolingoli. 7 game ban versus 1 game plus two suspended to end Feb is a significant difference in punishment. 

7 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

You know Im onto something when even Jim's agreeing with me. 

2 minutes ago, Brubear said:

Except the SFA are saying what Jone and Edmundson did was significantly worse that Bolingoli. 7 game ban versus 1 game plus two suspended to end Feb is a significant difference in punishment. 

It was five games banned with two of them suspended though. No idea where you got two games with one suspended. 

5 hours ago, Tak3rNo1 said:

A bit much compared to previous. Bolingoli played in a fucking game when he should have been isolating

And the tarriers claimed they never knew, although various pics had emerged on social media from people on the same flight as him..

no telling me there were no tarrier fans on the same flight.. just gers fans?

stinks of a typical catholic cover up.

8 minutes ago, Brubear said:

Yes mate, I wrote as much originally.  For me, it needs the SFA to explain why there is a difference in punishment, but as others have said there were differences in the offences.

21 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Bang on

and actually feel for @The Dude here, posters choosing to start arguments with him then blaming him for taking over the thread

18 minutes ago, Brubear said:

Do you believe what Jones and edmondson did was worse the Bolingoli. Regardless of what his club did or didnt do it was government policy that return from spain required a 14 day isolation yet he went back to the squad and also played a game. 

Doesn’t matter what situation we believe to be worse, the bolingoli fiasco was quite early in the season, now a couple of months in players should know better and the if the rules continue to be flouted then the punishments have to be greater 

25 minutes ago, Brubear said:

Both were just as bad, bolingoli might well have left the country but that wasnt against the law, just what he does when he came back was against the guidelines, and he threw the club under the bus by claiming their explanation of the rules beforehand was muddled

Jones and edmundson both knew clear as day they were breaking the law, hence why the club are scott free over this unlike celtic and aberdeen

25 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

The Aberdeen players broke the 6 person rule so they did do something wrong. 

Bolli said the club didn't inform him properly. Does he not have a TV or a paper or Internet? 

He knew fine well what he was doing. 

My point is that what the clubs do with regard to safety is a separate issue to what "O level plasticine" 

brained players think they can get away with. 

The 3 issues were different but were related as they all potentially put team mates and family at risk. 

2 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Worrying thing is that you hsve explained it quite clearly and people are still not getting it lol

Remember a long time ago when I said people on here will argue with me because of the name at the top of the post rather than what's in the post...aye that. :headwall:

Archived