The time has come for Rangers fans to rekindled their love for the national side

RFC55

12 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

You are getting majorly confused I think with the term cult following (for Rangers) the definition of a cult. 

Again, for someone who claims to have no political leanings, you're coming across as a liar.

I find you are unable to debate an issue without straying into abusing a fellow bear.  I assume that’s because you run out of ideas or find it difficult to construct a deeper aspect to your thinking. 

just a wee observation. Don’t take offence at it. 

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

You are getting majorly confused I think with the term cult following (for Rangers) the definition of a cult. 

Again, for someone who claims to have no political leanings, you're coming across as a liar.

You’re going to have to explain the comment in bold.

That’s twice you’ve called me a liar in this discussion for seemingly disagreeing with your opinion.

Fuck the SFA.

Fuck the SPFL.

Fuck the Scottish National Team.

They think it's easy for them to say now they have qualified, even though it's easier to qualify than not to now. But I said in another thread the lack of crowd that would boo our players every touch of the ball is making it look good. 

Fuck them all.

Bridges are burned.

I don't really care about the national side, I despise the Tartan army though for various reasons. But I know guys who are fully paid up members of the Tartan army and are season ticket holders for Ibrox travelling up to games with their local RSC, hate the SNP, are unionists and attend sash bashes. I know a lot of the older members of the Tartan army used to shout anyone down when politics/club matters were brought up particularly on trips, but things change and politics may be more prominent now given the rise in Nationalism. They used to say you were away to support your country, not your political cause.

I couldn't do what they do but then I have no interest in doing it, because I don't like International football, so it's easy for me to make that choice.

I don't mind if they win but enjoy if they get beat so I can slag anycunt who tried to slag me when we were on our knees and supports them. 

Collectively we have became embittered, chip on the shoulder if you like, I don't mind if people accuse me of it because I know it's true. We are basically acting the way the beggars did for years when they went on about conspiracies, the difference being that we have a genuine grievance imo.

Just because you are a Scottish Rangers fan doesn't mean you need to support the national team at football.

What I think stupid is Scottish Rangers fans (with no connection) to England supporting them. That's what we slag the plastic Paddies for. 

English Rangers fans and people with family connections to England is fine.

*edited* the bit in the third last paragraph.

1 hour ago, Monkey Butler said:

Where's the evidence to support the oft-cited assertion that all Scotland fans are SNP voters? Is there polling data available?

There was a study done at Euro '96 which showed 33% of Scotland supporters asked were SNP voters (31% Labour) 

I have absolutely zero doubt that the shift from Labour to SNP in Scotland since then hasn't been equally reflective in those stats.

13 minutes ago, OceanRain said:

There was a study done at Euro '96 which showed 33% of Scotland supporters asked were SNP voters (31% Labour) 

I have absolutely zero doubt that the shift from Labour to SNP in Scotland since then hasn't been equally reflective in those stats.

I wasn't just referring to travelling Scotland fans, but Scotland fans in general. However, do you have a link to that study?

You might be right, but I was hoping for actual stats as opposed to just supposition.

17 minutes ago, OceanRain said:

What about the other 36% ?

I know traditional Unionists who, as stupid as this sounds, used to vote for the SNP at the Westminster elections because they thought they were best placed to serve Scottish interests and Independence at the time was never a realistic opportunity. They have changed now for sure, also people may have been caught up in national fever at the time and again as independence wasn't a realistic idea could have been swayed or more inclined to go with the SNP.

A survey now would be a better idea.

2 hours ago, The Dude said:

"We'll take back control of our borders." - despite already having full control of our borders

Delaying Brexit costs 1bn each month

We'll build 40 new hospitals.

There won't be any sort of border between NI and UK.

And that's just the Tories over the last 18 months.

We in no way had full control of our borders. Not even close.

10 minutes ago, Monkey Butler said:

I wasn't just referring to travelling Scotland fans, but Scotland fans in general. However, do you have a link to that study?

You might be right, but I was hoping for actual stats as opposed to just supposition.

It was called The Patriot Game. I'm sure it still available somewhere online. It's strictly travelling support, though.

4 minutes ago, Monkey Butler said:

Furthermore, if it's something we are going to start getting told to like off the club ie diversity etc, then it would be interesting if the club conducted a survey amongst it's Scottish based supporters to see what the lay of the land with regards supporting the national team.

I can see a bit of bridge building in the lead up to the euros from the club but they would do that anyway I suppose. Would just be interesting to see the results of the survey.

* not against diversity btw, each to their own:lol:

3 hours ago, British_Empire said:

They are a cult. A cult attracts (and keeps) members by brainwashing.

Context? they lie, they're hypocrites, they don't have coherent reasons for anything they do and they make promises they can't keep - but half of Scotland laps it up because they want to believe in it so much.

That's brainwashing all day long for me.

It’s only a third of Scotland but seems more as no cunt votes

9 minutes ago, folkestoneger said:

We in no way had full control of our borders. Not even close.

We did. We set immigration numbers. The UK courts had the power to expel any EU citizen regardless of free movement. Being a member of a common travel area doesn't mean we handed over control of out borders to Brussels or anyone else. But, it was a handly lie to tell the cult members.

Unlike the majority of Schengen nations. Any EU Citizen wishing to enter the UK was required to provide a passport proving they were entitled to entry to the UK.

8 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

Furthermore, if it's something we are going to start getting told to like off the club ie diversity etc, then it would be interesting if the club conducted a survey amongst it's Scottish based supporters to see what the lay of the land with regards supporting the national team.

I can see a bit of bridge building in the lead up to the euros from the club but they would do that anyway I suppose. Would just be interesting to see the results of the survey.

* not against diversity btw, each to their own:lol:

Outdated sweeping generalisations still prevail that all Scotland fans and tarriers are SNP supporters and all Rangers fans are Tory supporters.

Outside of the online forum bubbles, I think you'd find that the majority of Rangers fans are also Scotland fans (maybe they're not travelling fans, but they still consider themselves as fans), and a large chunk of them will be SNP supporters.

Archived