Jump to content

The time has come for Rangers fans to rekindled their love for the national side


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Might be a good article in respect for laying out the issues (as said above) but there’s not a chance I’m rekindling anything unless the SPL, SFA, Scottish football and the clubs offer Rangers a since

When I was a kid it was a no-brainer, you supported Scotland regardless of club loyalties. To me it wouldn't feel right not supporting the national team.

I'm Scottish.  I don't believe the current Scottish football association is conducive to the best interests of Scottish football and is ethically and morally corrupt, which reflects badly on our

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, beararse said:

Given the choice from the definition of a cult it seems a very peculiar sentence to highlight as we all have a common interest in particular personalities, objects and goals.

So, being a Rangers fan actually ticks all the boxes you highlighted in bold!

To then contrast and compare a political party with a football club makes the entire post bizarre in the extreme.

 

No, what's bizarre is you saying despite having no political leanings feeling the need to stick up for the SNP when they are a cult going on one of the definitions you laid out yourself and then bringing Rangers into it to try and create some sort of correlation between the two. Odd behaviour. 

The definition of yours that I used sums up the SNP to a t 

But Rangers are a cult too going on your logic? having a following of people wanting things to do well? if that's what really is classified as a cult then apply it to absolutely everything then ... is the NHS a cult? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Mr Soprano said:

Never.

I actively hope that they lose every single game.

A team, association and fan base, all full of cunts who utterly despise us and went out of their way to stick the boot in and try and finish us off for good.

No thanks. Never in my life.

Sums it up perfectly for me. 👍

AlbertzLoyalRSC likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

They are a cult. A cult attracts (and keeps) members by brainwashing.

Context? they lie, they're hypocrites, they don't have coherent reasons for anything they do and they make promises they can't keep - but half of Scotland laps it up because they want to believe in it so much.

That's brainwashing all day long for me.

Doesn't than make every political party a cult? Rangers supporting tories are cult members, rangers supporting Labour voters are cult members... 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I find too many posts stray from the original question by bringing politics into the equation.

So, getting back on topic, my answer is a simple " not any more".

I used to be as big a fan of Scotland as the next fan, but all that changed since 2012.

My Club was vilified by the heirarchy of Scottish Football and to me that was like being stabbed in the back, which in my world, resulted in that's it I'm done. No way was I going to let it happen again.

Even this week, my English friends were saying I must be pleased with Scotland qualifying and seemed taken aback when I told them I couldn't give a fuck, plus, like in the past, they'll be home before the postcards.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, The Dude said:

Doesn't than make every political party a cult? Rangers supporting tories are cult members, rangers supporting Labour voters are cult members... 

 

No.

The only other comparison that it would be similar to is the likes of the BNP who use similar brainwashing rhetoric but in reverse - i.e Britain would prosper if it was white, no immigration, sending people who don't fit our ideals back to other countries and things like that.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

No.

The only other comparison that it would be similar to is the likes of the BNP who use similar brainwashing rhetoric but in reverse - i.e Britain would prosper if it was white, no immigration, sending people who don't fit our ideals back to other countries and things like that.

 

"We'll take back control of our borders." - despite already having full control of our borders

Delaying Brexit costs 1bn each month

We'll build 40 new hospitals.

There won't be any sort of border between NI and UK.

 

And that's just the Tories over the last 18 months.

 

 

 

 

 

beararse and BookWorm like this
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, British_Empire said:

No, what's bizarre is you saying despite having no political leanings feeling the need to stick up for the SNP when they are a cult going on one of the definitions you laid out yourself and then bringing Rangers into it to try and create some sort of correlation between the two. Odd behaviour. 

The definition of yours that I used sums up the SNP to a t 

But Rangers are a cult too going on the same criteria? having a following of people wanting an establishment or body to do well? if that's what really is classified as a cult then apply it to absolutely everything then ... is the NHS a cult? 

Your just haverin’ now.

All I’ve done is question your use/understanding of the word ‘cult’.

The points you highlighted as argument against Rangers being described as a cult are EXACTLY why we all follow Rangers.

Indeed, your further stated that cults ‘attract and keep their members by making absurd promises that don't make sense and lie to them to keep them onside.’ 

It could easily be argued that the above quote applies to the Board of Directors over the past 15-20 years, resulting in your take on a ‘cult’ applying to Rangers.

As for having no political allegiance, that probably explains the fact I haven’t once mentioned politics or political party in any of my posts.

Folk can engage and comment in posts without a political agenda. 

For what it’s worth, you’ll probably be glad to know, I vote Conservative. 

But like I said, I don’t have any allegiance. If another party produced a manifesto more aligned with my principles they’d get my vote.

It just happens to be the Tories are the closest at present.

 

KeyserSoze likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

No.

The only other comparison that it would be similar to is the likes of the BNP who use similar brainwashing rhetoric but in reverse - i.e Britain would prosper if it was white, no immigration, sending people who don't fit our ideals back to other countries and things like that.

 

As a rule of thumb, I tend to assume folk who use ‘brainwashed’ in any context have themselves been brainwashed.

 

KeyserSoze likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites

I always want them to win and qualify for competitions, but there's no real passion behind that thought these days, just a faint sense of 'support your country'. Nothing to do with Rangers or any hatred for the SFA, I think I've just naturally drifted away from the national team after years of mediocrity.

plumbGER likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

"We'll take back control of our borders." - despite already having full control of our borders

Delaying Brexit costs 1bn each month

We'll build 40 new hospitals.

There won't be any sort of border between NI and UK.

 

And that's just the Tories over the last 18 months.

 

 

 

 

 

I'm not a Tory cheerleader but ffs half of them don't even want Brexit. 

How do we have control of our borders if we're in the EU exactly when any national of another EU stand can land and settle?

How do you know anything regards the UK and NI border? that's a detail that needs worked out - one of the most high profile issues we've got at the moment.

For all we know the hospitals could have got moving if Covid never struck?

and like I said, Tories aren't a Brexit party so I don't know how you can try and equate it.

Compare that to the SNP who have convinced their voters that we could run an economy on North Sea Oil and it dipped to something like 9 dollars a barrel right after 2014 referendum.

Compare that to the SNP who have convinced their voters that they don't need Westminster when a few months ago the GERS figures shown Westminster subsidies us on it to the tune of 5-billion for a shortfall.

Compare that to the SNP who have convinced their voters that they they need independence to run Scotland despite the fact that Police, NHS, Education, local authorities, taxation etc are all fully devolved. 

Compare that to the SNP who have convinced their voters that the English shouldn't be travelling across into Scotland during the pandemic despite over 70% of our trade/economy coming from England and it being needed to keep us with essential supplies during Covid.

Compare that to the SNP who have convinced their voters that we will walk straight back into the EU despite not having a currency, a central bank and a net debt/defecit that's anywhere near what's needed to be accepted.

Compare that to the SNP who claim we will thrive despite the fact Scotland will be turned into a third world country literally overnight.

Compare that to the SNP who claim we don't need a proper defence system in an independent Scotland, despite having some of the best oil reserves going.

All that shit from them is almost daily on repeat from them. You cannot compare them to any other political parties plans/ambitions. It's different level stuff and it makes me laugh when the same couple will always pop up on this stuff and never have a bad word to say about their favourite CULT.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, beararse said:

Your just haverin’ now.

All I’ve done is question your use/understanding of the word ‘cult’.

The points you highlighted as argument against Rangers being described as a cult are EXACTLY why we all follow Rangers.

Indeed, your further stated that cults ‘attract and keep their members by making absurd promises that don't make sense and lie to them to keep them onside.’ 

It could easily be argued that the above quote applies to the Board of Directors over the past 15-20 years, resulting in your take on a ‘cult’ applying to Rangers.

As for having no political allegiance, that probably explains the fact I haven’t once mentioned politics or political party in any of my posts.

Folk can engage and comment in posts without a political agenda. 

For what it’s worth, you’ll probably be glad to know, I vote Conservative. 

But like I said, I don’t have any allegiance. If another party produced a manifesto more aligned with my principles they’d get my vote.

It just happens to be the Tories are the closest at present.

 

You are getting majorly confused I think with the term cult following (for Rangers) the definition of a cult. 

Again, for someone who claims to have no political leanings, you're coming across as a liar.

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

No, what's bizarre is you saying despite having no political leanings feeling the need to stick up for the SNP when they are a cult going on one of the definitions you laid out yourself and then bringing Rangers into it to try and create some sort of correlation between the two. Odd behaviour. 

The definition of yours that I used sums up the SNP to a t 

But Rangers are a cult too going on your logic? having a following of people wanting things to do well? if that's what really is classified as a cult then apply it to absolutely everything then ... is the NHS a cult? 

2. a person or thing that is popular or fashionable among a particular group or section of society

Surely you can envisage a Rangers following in regards to that definition. 

beararse likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Howsitgoing said:

2. a person or thing that is popular or fashionable among a particular group or section of society

Surely you can envisage a Rangers following in regards to that definition. 

OK then Rangers are a cult and they're the same as the SNP. You's all happy? 

That's settled. Enjoy your SNP vermin love in

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, British_Empire said:

OK then Rangers are a cult and they're the same as the SNP. You's all happy? 

That's settled. Enjoy your SNP vermin love in

Fucksake min, how did I manage to get to there. Fair enough! 
 

But wanting to support my country doesn’t automatically make me part of an SNP cult. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, British_Empire said:

I'm not a Tory cheerleader but ffs half of them don't even want Brexit. 

How do we have control of our borders if we're in the EU exactly when any national of another EU stand can land and settle?

How do you know anything regards the UK and NI border? that's a detail that needs worked out - one of the most high profile issues we've got at the moment.

For all we know the hospitals could have got moving if Covid never struck?

and like I said, Tories aren't a Brexit party so I don't know how you can try and equate it.

Compare that to the SNP who have convinced their voters that we could run an economy on North Sea Oil and it dipped to something like 9 dollars a barrel right after 2014 referendum.

Compare that to the SNP who have convinced their voters that they don't need Westminster when a few months ago the GERS figures shown Westminster subsidies us on it to the tune of 5-billion for a shortfall.

Compare that to the SNP who have convinced their voters that they they need independence to run Scotland despite the fact that Police, NHS, Education, local authorities, taxation etc are all fully devolved. 

Compare that to the SNP who have convinced their voters that the English shouldn't be travelling across into Scotland during the pandemic despite over 70% of our trade/economy coming from England and it being needed to keep us with essential supplies during Covid.

Compare that to the SNP who have convinced their voters that we will walk straight back into the EU despite not having a currency, a central bank and a net debt/defecit that's anywhere near what's needed to be accepted.

Compare that to the SNP who claim we will thrive despite the fact Scotland will be turned into a third world country literally overnight.

Compare that to the SNP who claim we don't need a proper defence system in an independent Scotland, despite having some of the best oil reserves going.

All that shit from them is almost daily on repeat from them. You cannot compare them to any other political parties plans/ambitions. It's different level stuff and it makes me laugh when the same couple will always pop up on this stuff and never have a bad word to say about their favourite CULT.

 

Half of them dont want it, yet keep voting for it based on countless lies. That's a cult

There would only have been 6 new hospitals built under their plans, covid or no covid. Boris said 40 though so the 40 line was parroted. Again, cult-like.

The same way every other country in the EU still has control of their own borders. Also a big part of taking control of our borders was to stop non-EU migration. Something which we have NEVER not been in control of.

We were told there wouldn't be one. The fact it is a detail that needs working out suggests that there might very well be one (and based on everything that's come out from the government, there WILL be a border between the UK and NI.)

I haven't disagreed that the SNP are a shower of fucking lunatics obsessed with identity politics. Not everything needs to be compared to them. The SNP being a cult doesn't mean other parties aren't.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

If people hate something though is it not easy to understand why they want to see them get fucked wherever possible? 

the second part of that is something I agree with though. It's strange. I've seen it a lot on social media past week - the same folk who always put up pictures of the flags who whoever Scotland are playing, say the usual stuff about hoping the Jacobites/Tartan Trannies get fucked etc ... then all of a sudden after the Serbia game it was good luck to Scotland at the Euros and wee Scotland flag emoji's and that :lol: even seen some folk saying they hate them, will never support them but hope they do well :lol: how does that even work? whether you agree or disagree, I think most normal folk have more respect for these folk if they just say they hate them and gutted they qualified - just be honest - Scotland qualified for a tournament, it's not the end of the world if you hate them, it's normal not to get everything you want from football in life but then pretending you now like them or somehow wanted them to do well you look even more of an idiot.

Well aye. I suppose I just don't get why people hate the national team, it's still ours at the end of the day. We still have players representing them just maybe not as much as we had in the past but that's largely down to us not having as many Scottish players as we have had in the past.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Well aye. I suppose I just don't get why people hate the national team, it's still ours at the end of the day. We still have players representing them just maybe not as much as we had in the past but that's largely down to us not having as many Scottish players as we have had in the past.

But that's the thing mate, they don't see it (or want it) to be theirs. Just because they are Scottish and there's a Scottish football team is as far as it goes.

There could honestly be 11 Rangers players (or supporters) in that team and some folk might go from actively wanting them to get beat to not wanting them to get beat but I can only speak for myself and I still couldn't support them just because of what the team represents and stands for in footballing terms. 

Where it would get awkward would be if someone wants to twist it and say to me "so you want a team full of Rangers players to get beat" like I don't care for their confidence or something but my response would still be the same. Only thing I'd wish for them is they don't come back injured.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, British_Empire said:

But that's the thing mate, they don't see it (or want it) to be theirs. Just because they are Scottish and there's a Scottish football team is as far as it goes.

There could honestly be 11 Rangers players (or supporters) in that team and some folk might go from actively wanting them to get beat to not wanting them to get beat but I can only speak for myself and I still couldn't support them just because of what the team represents and stands for in footballing terms. 

Where it would get awkward would be if someone wants to twist it and say to me "so you want a team full of Rangers players to get beat" like I don't care for their confidence or something but my response would still be the same. Only thing I'd wish for them is they don't come back injured.

 

What does the team represent and stand for in "footballing terms"? The last bit in particular doesn't make any sense whatsoever to me.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Upcoming Events

    • 03 March 2021 18:00 Until 20:00
      0  
      Livingston v Rangers
      Tony Macaroni Arena
      Scottish Premiership
      Live on Sky Sports Football

×
×
  • Create New...