The time has come for Rangers fans to rekindled their love for the national side

RFC55

5 minutes ago, They Gnu said:

Scotland Fans at a ROI v Scotland match we’re singing We hate Rangers More Than You. I grew up fanatically supporting Scotland and had some great memories but they left me, I didn’t leave them. I didn’t even know they were playing Serbia recently and really don’t care if they win lose or draw. 

Same as me mate - during the 70s and 80s I loved supporting Scotland - could never image then that I wouldn't be at all interested in them, win, lose or draw.

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

I don’t think a Rangers fan could go to a Scotland game with a Rangers top on. That’s a problem for Scotland fans, not Rangers. 

Outwith junior teams or maybe a lower division team you would rarely if ever see a club top at a game - likewise on most flags, any club allegiance isn't particularly liked - though I fully accept they do exist, albeit they would be a tiny minority.

7 minutes ago, TartanTeddy said:

Can you post the clip - you clearly weren't there as your not a Scotland fan (which is fine btw). So you must have the clip or sound bite.

I would have been at the game, but may have missed it?

Don't get me wrong, I think you can can get a wee clump of pissed up sheep fans on their first trip trying something like that but they would be told to shut the fuck up pretty quick.

It was reported back on FollowFollow by bears that attended, good few years back. Guy I usd to travel up to games with in the 90s was a big Scotland Fan, going home and away and he said there was a bit of anti Rangers bitterness creeping in then. 
You crack on enjoying Scotland games mate, sadly it’s no longer for me.

13 minutes ago, TartanTeddy said:

Outwith junior teams or maybe a lower division team you would rarely if ever see a club top at a game - likewise on most flags, any club allegiance isn't particularly liked - though I fully accept they do exist, albeit they would be a tiny minority.

I’ve seen the saltire politicised by the TA or to put it in context, desecrated.

13 hours ago, British_Empire said:

Might be a good article in respect for laying out the issues (as said above) but there’s not a chance I’m rekindling anything unless the SPL, SFA, Scottish football and the clubs offer Rangers a sincere apology for how we were treated in 2012 and again in the summer 

that’s just for starters - then we’d have to eradicate the Tartan Army, guys like Griffiths would have to drop out of the set up 

way too much to realistically happen - wee bit of dies inside every time a Rangers fan even says as much as well done to them on social media - get them to fuck

last two games they’ve played to fuck their chances of a realistic World Cup qualifier has been brilliant - back to earth with a bump for the cunts 

They seem to forget that the only reason they have qualified is because of a change in the numbers allowed into the tournament and even then they only just got in by the skin of their teeth (skin of their teeth? That doesn't makes sense!!)

Anyway, I won't deny that I will look forward to our game against England next summer. Hopefully get them back for Euro '96. They don't have Gazza to tear us a new one this time but according to something I read yesterday Grealish is like Gazza, but I think that was written by the dude so wouldn't read too much into that statement. 

20 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

I’ve seen the saltire politicised by the TA or to put it in context, desecrated.

Yet when I posted on hear that there seemed to be a lot more Scotland flags appearing on the run up to the independence vote I was shot down. 

We can always fly the Rampant Lion if you don't fancy waving a Saltire about.

43 minutes ago, WATP-FOREVER said:

Same as me mate - during the 70s and 80s I loved supporting Scotland - could never image then that I wouldn't be at all interested in them, win, lose or draw.

It's just another way of saying that I'd rather take a shit 🤣🤣

Love KBW.

5 minutes ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

Yet when I posted on hear that there seemed to be a lot more Scotland flags appearing on the run up to the independence vote I was shot down. 

We can always fly the Rampant Lion if you don't fancy waving a Saltire about.

:lol:

37 minutes ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

We can always fly the Rampant Rabbit if you don't fancy waving a Saltire about.

3327D735-E542-4DD7-B37F-73E38F93FA1B.jpeg

1 hour ago, They Gnu said:

Scotland Fans at a ROI v Scotland match we’re singing We hate Rangers More Than You. I grew up fanatically supporting Scotland and had some great memories but they left me, I didn’t leave them. I didn’t even know they were playing Serbia recently and really don’t care if they win lose or draw. 

England *

I have no problem with the flags, the saltire represents both Scotland's identity and the part we play in the union. 

The Lion Rampant links us to our Royal British heritage. 

If republicans choose to adopt these at football matches then more fools them. 

Quite ironic the SFA actually uses both.

shopping?q=tbn:ANd9GcRjwZUHjPcJOFQL9Yiw9

58 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

England *

I don’t think they said Rangers in that song tbh.

Scotland played Ireland just after we won 3IAR and most of the squad then were Rangers players and probably many bears in attendance.

Just now, ForeverAndEver said:

2014 as well

I had a read through an Irish forum back then and apparently a lot of Scotland fans gave them grief, McGeady got dogs abuse.

Dont think they have time for the Tarriers either tbh.

30 minutes ago, tannerall said:

I have no problem with the flags, the saltire represents both Scotland's identity and the part we play in the union. 

The Lion Rampant links us to our Royal British heritage. 

If republicans choose to adopt these at football matches then more fools them. 

Quite ironic the SFA actually uses both.

shopping?q=tbn:ANd9GcRjwZUHjPcJOFQL9Yiw9

How is it ironic that the SFA uses two Scottish flags to represent Scotland?

The Saltire has always represented Scotland, whether in the Union or not.

The Lion Rampant was the personal standard of the monarch of Scotland long before the Union of the Crowns and the Union of the Parliaments.

2 hours ago, Prso's headband said:

I don’t think a Rangers fan could go to a Scotland game with a Rangers top on. That’s a problem for Scotland fans, not Rangers. 

That's another of these unwritten rules, don't wear club colours to games. I've seen a Hibs fan get absolutely roasted for wearing his top at a game at Hampden during the Bertie Vogts era. Also seen a wee guy with a celtic top on given pelters outside the stadium, actually told the guys to give it a rest because he was only a wean.  

You very seldom see club colours at Scotland games, again my last game was stretching back to that time but I doubt that has changed any.

4 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Remember Scotland and Wales fans singing 'we hate England more than you do' at each other outside before a friendly. It was totally set up for TV though. Think it was the game at the Millennium Stadium when Earnshaw scored a hat trick. 

There was a video of Scotland fans walking through Dublin singing it as well

12 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Remember Scotland and Wales fans singing 'we hate England more than you do' at each other outside before a friendly. It was totally set up for TV though. Think it was the game at the Millennium Stadium when Earnshaw scored a hat trick. 

I was at that game and it was sang but mostly in a jovial football banter type way, not with actual hatred and venom like we could join forces and plunder the first English city we came across. 

I will never forget the hatred aimed at our club from nearly every direction in Scotland.  I will never forgive the abuse aimed at Rangers players playing for Scotland.  As the article suggested I only tuned into the last game to see how Jack played.  Didn't care about the result.  The only game I will be interested in and would wish a win would be against England.  Supporting anyone that plays England is still deep seated in me. Support for the national team has been angered out.

Archived