The time has come for Rangers fans to rekindled their love for the national side

RFC55

My dad still cheers on the national team, but I haven't been interested in it for years. Doesn't help that we're utter dross. I watch the Euros/WC, but all these breaks for qualifiers just frustrate, add airmiles for the squad and increase the chance of injury.

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, hawkfalcons said:

Fuck sotland after the rabids and their cohorts went after us in 2012 they can lie in their misery. Used to go to scotland games in the past, now couldn't care less 

Would rather roar on the cellic....sorry, same fucking thing!

Not for me thanks. My one and only scotland game was at Ibrox.

Rangers are my team 🔴🔵

Headline aside, it's a very well balanced article.

2012 was bad - but this is in the past.

2014 is different altogether though. This division is the direct result of the SNP splitting our country. The division is so deep, I cannot say I think I'll see Scottish unity in my life.

Thank you Salmond. Thank you Sturgeon.

This is your doing. Pair of cunts.

43 minutes ago, Sket said:

This clamour to get Rangers fans back supporting Scotland again because they have made a tournament is fucking embarrassing.

Not sure this exists to be honest - haven't seen any clamour to get any fans back. 

When teams qualify for tournaments, more people will be interested in watching. That's about it. You would expect crowds at Hampden to increase and you would assume a lot of people will want to go to the Euro games at Hampden.

Going from on here for every 100 posters maybe 5 support Scotland, but how many Rangers fans do people genuinely reckon attend Scotland home games?

50? 1000? 5000?

*inb4 someone says 'none, because no cunt can call themselves a Rangers fan if they sit amongst the Tartan Trannies'

36 minutes ago, East Enclosure Row N said:

Headline aside, it's a very well balanced article.

2012 was bad - but this is in the past.

2014 is different altogether though. This division is the direct result of the SNP splitting our country. The division is so deep, I cannot say I think I'll see Scottish unity in my life.

Thank you Salmond. Thank you Sturgeon.

This is your doing. Pair of cunts.

In the past but will never be forgotten.

1 hour ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Going from on here for every 100 posters maybe 5 support Scotland, but how many Rangers fans do people genuinely reckon attend Scotland home games?

Around 20% of the support at any given game - backed up by numerous official and unofficial polls.

4 hours ago, McEwan's Lager said:

How is it ironic that the SFA uses two Scottish flags to represent Scotland?

The Saltire has always represented Scotland, whether in the Union or not.

The Lion Rampant was the personal standard of the monarch of Scotland long before the Union of the Crowns and the Union of the Parliaments.

The irony being their pandering to a certain republican viewed club in the east end of Glasgow for at least the past 10 years. 

The English (North West) angle. (Some) people used to see the Scotland England rivalry as something special between two countries in a United Kingdom.  If Scotland were playing anyone else (many) Anglos would cheer them on.

Nowadays the Scottish national team is viewed by (many) as distinctly foreign and not traditionally British. The rise of nationalism is also epitomised by (many) of the followers of the English national team who see themselves as English and not British and don’t give a fuck about Scotland.  This further entrenched the position of the Scottish nationalists and so the cycle perpetuates. 

I like international football, unpredictable amoungst mid ranking sides - plays at a different pace to club games, which I find interesting. Well done Scotland, they deserved to win the play off against Serbia over the full game. Looking forward to Euro 2020, it's going to be massive for the country.

4 hours ago, andyhrfc said:

The English (North West) angle. (Some) people used to see the Scotland England rivalry as something special between two countries in a United Kingdom.  If Scotland were playing anyone else (many) Anglos would cheer them on.

Nowadays the Scottish national team is viewed by (many) as distinctly foreign and not traditionally British. The rise of nationalism is also epitomised by (many) of the followers of the English national team who see themselves as English and not British and don’t give a fuck about Scotland.  This further entrenched the position of the Scottish nationalists and so the cycle perpetuates. 

A few questions:

Do you actively support England?

How much of the 'Scouse not English/British' mentality is actually on Merseyside and does this translate to not supporting the national team?

9 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

A few questions:

How much of the 'Scouse not English/British' mentality is actually on Merseyside and does this translate to not supporting the national team?

I know quite a few scousers and they only have a passive interest in the English national team.

Merseyside is hardly a hotbed of national pride, pretty much the same as the west coast of Scotland.

34 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

I know quite a few scousers and they only have a passive interest in the English national team.

Merseyside is hardly a hotbed of national pride, pretty much the same as the west coast of Scotland.

I used to live just outside Liverpool for a while (Ainsdale) and yeah, they weren't all that fussed with England at all. Only time I saw them really show much interest was during the World Cup.

7 hours ago, McEwan's Lager said:

A few questions:

I’ve always felt that Man U fans don’t support or have much time for England.

Theres a clip of them at Ibrox from 2003 singing “stick your fucking England up your arse”. 

7 hours ago, McEwan's Lager said:

A few questions:

Yes I keep an eye on the England results but like most people only take an active interest in the World Cup/Euros.

The Scouse not English thing is fueled by antipathy towards the Tory government who are seen as supporting all things southern and disregarding the north.  Scouse not British doesn’t exist, it is the England thing.   As mentioned in another post you will get similar sentiment in a Manchester although go to towns like Burnley snd Bolton and they wlll all have St George’s flags displaying the team name. 

Paradoxically the sales in Liverpool of England flags particularly those that you hang from the cars was rated as the highest in the country in the World Cup a few years ago.  

On 20/11/2020 at 20:41, TartanTeddy said:

Not sure this exists to be honest - haven't seen any clamour to get any fans back. 

When teams qualify for tournaments, more people will be interested in watching. That's about it. You would expect crowds at Hampden to increase and you would assume a lot of people will want to go to the Euro games at Hampden.

It exists alright.

Archived