Dapo Mebude

OceanRain

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, Broxi said:

And the 19 year old kids who play for us have a right to feel safe and welcome at the club. Let's not turn on one of our players for highlighting racial abuse just because it gives them something to talk about. Probably exactly what he meant by "Rangers fans". Support the player and vilify the perpetrator, no matter who it is. Racism is bigger than football, I have no problem if he wants to call it out because it needs to be highlighted and stopped, knowing you can't get away with things like this anymore.

When did I turn on our own player?

I'm simply saying he should be smarter, and when it's confirmed if it was a Rangers fan or other then he can post this type of thing.

2 minutes ago, Swally said:

When did I turn on our own player?

I'm simply saying he should be smarter, and when it's confirmed if it was a Rangers fan or other then he can post this type of thing.

He's entitled to deal with discrimination however he feels appropriate. 

1 minute ago, Dan Deacon said:

He's entitled to deal with discrimination however he feels appropriate. 

I disagree with that, when you're in the public eye that freedom becomes more complicated.

Would you be happy if most media outlets now ran with the racist Rangers fan stories?

Would the whole thing not turn out to be absolute idiocy if it was found out to come from a celtic fan?

Meanwhile the damage is done to our club, and he had absolutely no reason to say Rangers fan in quotation signs or not.

He could simply have said he suffered abuse without directing blame when he did not know which direction to aim it at.

That is what I'm really getting at.

2 minutes ago, Swally said:

I disagree with that, when you're in the public eye that freedom becomes more complicated.

Would you be happy if most media outlets now ran with the racist Rangers fan stories?

Would the whole thing not turn out to be absolute idiocy if it was found out to come from a celtic fan?

Meanwhile the damage is done to our club, and he had absolutely no reason to say Rangers fan in quotation signs or not.

He could simply have said he suffered abuse without directing blame when he did not know which direction to aim it at.

He can say it however he wants. 

He should have spoken to the club or police first before tweeting about it.

Its now on Sky Sports News every hour saying that Rangers fans were racially abusing a young black footballer.

As has been said before Goldson was racially abused by a celtic fan pretending to be one of us.

Players need some media training.

43 minutes ago, Broxi said:

And the 19 year old kids who play for us have a right to feel safe and welcome at the club. Let's not turn on one of our players for highlighting racial abuse just because it gives them something to talk about. Probably exactly what he meant by "Rangers fans". Support the player and vilify the perpetrator, no matter who it is. Racism is bigger than football, I have no problem if he wants to call it out because it needs to be highlighted and stopped, knowing you can't get away with things like this anymore.

First thought was that the kid needs to get more streetwise but after reading this, I stand corrected. Hope the police are involved and catch the arsehole. 

6 minutes ago, B1872 said:

He should have spoken to the club or police first before tweeting about it.

Its now on Sky Sports News every hour saying that Rangers fans were racially abusing a young black footballer.

As has been said before Goldson was racially abused by a celtic fan pretending to be one of us.

Players need some media training.

Once everything is known, fair enough, he can let rip. it would have been better for all concerned if he had waited - including himself.

I'd expect the club to let rip as well once all is known, that's just being professional.

If he hadn't brought the fans into what he already said, either insinuating or not insinuating, then this wouldn't be an issue.

It's all over the press now, and rightly or wrongly the story is racist Rangers fans.

48 minutes ago, Swally said:

No, I had my login details changed. But make things up if it makes you feel better :lol:

You didn't.

Your username was changed, you still log in with the original username registered with so don't talk shite 

Just now, Rum Ham said:

Someone changed your username to take the piss about how ye dont like cats or some shit and you had a meltdown.

Ah, this is sounding more and more like a playground argument. :hmmm:

I can get down to your level if you want mate, I'll just have to drop around 50 billion brain cells and we'll be good to go.

Now a method... let me see... carbon monoxide or alcohol. Alcohol sounds more fun. 

I'll be back when I'm fucked out my face and unable to string a coherent sentence together mate. 

Might take a while :lol:

53 minutes ago, Swally said:

Does it fuck. 

14 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

You didn't.

Your username was changed, you still log in with the original username registered with so don't talk shite 

Cried a river cause someone changed his username, but says a 19 year old highlighting racism should wisen up lol

23 minutes ago, Swally said:

Once everything is known, fair enough, he can let rip. it would have been better for all concerned if he had waited - including himself.

I'd expect the club to let rip as well once all is known, that's just being professional.

If he hadn't brought the fans into what he already said, either insinuating or not insinuating, then this wouldn't be an issue.

It's all over the press now, and rightly or wrongly the story is racist Rangers fans.

There’s without doubt a racist element, which seems to do something fucking stupid every so often. Dragging the name of the club through the mud at turn. 

Archived