Zungu injured already

GOAT

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Bronzy said:

If you really want to see what a properly injury-prone player looks like, check out Rossiter's record :ang:

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/jordan-rossiter/verletzungen/spieler/258924

Lee Wallace doesn't make great reading either :craphead:

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/lee-wallace/verletzungen/spieler/36657

@The Dude

I expect you to write this on your blog as first hand knowledge from speaking to various chairman and SPFL officials and what not. BTW why does your blog parrot the MSN a day later? Is it because you don't actually produce news stories but poach them ( Thats a journalistic term BTW )?

Just now, The Dude said:

Lee Wallace doesn't make great reading either :craphead:

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/lee-wallace/verletzungen/spieler/36657

Love how one of the injuries is just described as "Fitness" :lol:

Makes it sound like he was just sitting on the couch fat as fuck eating Monster Munch

4 minutes ago, badjon said:

@The Dude

I expect you to write this on your blog as first hand knowledge from speaking to various chairman and SPFL officials and what not. BTW why does your blog parrot the MSN a day later? Is it because you don't actually produce news stories but poach them ( Thats a journalistic term BTW )?

We have very limited access to Rangers because I had a falling out with out beloved PR guru.

Plenty of original content over on the other site I work on where we've got access to the majority of SPFL clubs outwith the Old Firm.

This week we've been at pressers for Partick, Falkirk, Hibs, Motherwell and St. Mirren. I'll be at Falkirk v Cove Rangers tomorrow and will be back there next weekend to cover the cup game too and we'll have bodies at nine other SPFL games over the weekend.

Just for you @badjon, here's the only story I put out today as it's my day off (quotes were embargoed until 10pm last night). Nice wee original piece there.

https://www.nottheoldfirm.com/news/partick-hit-by-new-injury-blow-as-defender-undergoes-x-ray-rangers/

Infact, here's another. Two original Rangers-related stories I've produced this week.

https://www.rangersnews.uk/news/rangers-cup-clash-wont-prompt-fear-in-league-one-title-challengers/

I'm sure you'll be along to tell me I poached those to although more than happy to provide proof I was at both pressers.

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

We have very limited access to Rangers because I had a falling out with out beloved PR guru.

Plenty of original content over on the other site I work on where we've got access to the majority of SPFL clubs outwith the Old Firm.

So how do you come on here and post things that read as though you have a start on the story but you have admitted you have no real inside knowledge? I forgot wither you are allowed access to watch games, btw I don't think FF head honcho should alongside D. Edgar although I have enjoyed his blogs.

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

Just for you @badjon, here's the only story I put out today as it's my day off (quotes were embargoed until 10pm last night). Nice wee original piece there.

https://www.nottheoldfirm.com/news/partick-hit-by-new-injury-blow-as-defender-undergoes-x-ray-rangers/

Infact, here's another. Two original Rangers-related stories I've produced this week.

https://www.rangersnews.uk/news/rangers-cup-clash-wont-prompt-fear-in-league-one-title-challengers/

I'm sure you'll be along to tell me I poached those to although more than happy to provide proof I was at both pressers.

Fucking hell, I was being reasonable no need to react like a 5 year old told they are not allowed to play.

Just now, badjon said:

So how do you come on here and post things that read as though you have a start on the story but you have admitted you have no real inside knowledge? I forgot wither you are allowed access to watch games, btw I don't think FF head honcho should alongside D. Edgar although I have enjoyed his blogs.

You confuse have formal media accreditation at the club and having 'sources'. Just because I'm not in pressers, doesn't mean people don't talk. Tbh, I very rarely say I've got info from within Ibrox. I get wee bits and pieces but the majority of stuff I get comes from people at other clubs.

You confuse have formal media accreditation at the club and having 'sources'. Just because I'm not in pressers, doesn't mean people don't talk. Tbh, I very rarely say I've got info from within Ibrox. I get wee bits and pieces but the majority of stuff I get comes from people at other clubs.

I get wee bits and pieces but the majority of stuff I get comes from people at other clubs.

SO Rangers stories and others come from bits and pieces and gossip from third or more likely eighth parties, how can you possibly know that is the true story? You would have been laughed out of an editors office as near on as 10 years ago with that. What did you do that led to you not being able to access Ibrox? Before you go mad I genuinely am asking that as I remember you were cheesed off about I think the Castore debacle.

1 minute ago, badjon said:

Fucking hell, I was being reasonable no need to react like a 5 year old told they are not allowed to play.

I was being perfectly reasonable too. You asked why I don't produce news stories and poach them from elsewhere - I provided links to first-hand news stories I've produced over the last few days directly related to Rangers.

Over the last two seasons, we've been accredited with Aberdeen, Dundee, East Fife, Falkirk, Hibs, Hearts, Motherwell, Ross County, St. Mirren, Hamilton, Livingston, Partick Thistle, Inverness, Raith Rovers, Ayr United, Killie, Morton, Dunfermline, Stenhousemuir, Dumbarton, Stirling Albion, Alloa St Johnstone and probably one or two others I've forgotten - producing original written content for each of them as well as covering the B-team/Colts competitive games in the Youth League and Challenge Cup.

We've also had access to players or staff from QPR, Rotherham, Watford, Manchester City, Fulham and Macarthur FC in Australia this season for exclusive interviews.

Oh yeah, we're also accredited for Euro 2020 too so will be covering all three of Scotland's group games next summer.

So I'm not sure where you think all we do is poach stuff.

1 minute ago, badjon said:

I get wee bits and pieces but the majority of stuff I get comes from people at other clubs.

SO Rangers stories and others come from bits and pieces and gossip from third or more likely eighth parties, how can you possibly know that is the true story? You would have been laughed out of an editors office as near on as 10 years ago with that. What did you do that led to you not being able to access Ibrox? Before you go mad I genuinely am asking that as I remember you were cheesed off about I think the Castore debacle.

You corroborate it with multiple sources.

I had a spat with Greg Marshall on FF over misleading comments he made on FF regarding the way the season was ended. The Castore stuff, also didn't go down well and was summoned to Ibrox (where I was told categorically that Rangers had no interest in Bongani Zungu).

4 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I was being perfectly reasonable too. You asked why I don't produce news stories and poach them from elsewhere - I provided links to first-hand news stories I've produced over the last few days directly related to Rangers.

Over the last two seasons, we've been accredited with Aberdeen, Dundee, East Fife, Falkirk, Hibs, Hearts, Motherwell, Ross County, St. Mirren, Hamilton, Livingston, Partick Thistle, Inverness, Raith Rovers, Ayr United, Killie, Morton, Dunfermline, Stenhousemuir, Dumbarton, Stirling Albion, Alloa St Johnstone and probably one or two others I've forgotten - producing original written content for each of them as well as covering the B-team/Colts competitive games in the Youth League and Challenge Cup.

We've also had access to players or staff from QPR, Rotherham, Watford, Manchester City, Fulham and Macarthur FC in Australia this season for exclusive interviews.

Oh yeah, we're also accredited for Euro 2020 too so will be covering all three of Scotland's group games next summer.

So I'm not sure where you think all we do is poach stuff.

Okay fair enough address the other points then. Have you got an editor as you seem to think you can only answer to yourself, before you react I mean that jokingly!

5 minutes ago, badjon said:

Okay fair enough address the other points then. Have you got an editor as you seem to think you can only answer to yourself, before you react I mean that jokingly!

I don't have an editor but do have a line manager who I report to however, I'm largely given free rein to produce whatever contant I think will work - along with the two other guys who work alongside me on Rangers News, and Ben who I run Not The Old Firm. I've far less of a visible profile on there in terms of written content simply due to the economics of it (far more people read about Rangers than the other 40 non-OF teams combined)

. Given that, page views wise, we're one of - if not the - most read Rangers news site on the net, we do not bad. Not The Old Firm is also starting to rapidly grow now and I believe that, we now have a presence at more games every weekend than any media outlet in Scotland.

You corroborate it with multiple sources.

I had a spat with Greg Marshall on FF over misleading comments he made on FF regarding the way the season was ended. The Castore stuff, also didn't go down well and was summoned to Ibrox (where I was told categorically that Rangers had no interest in Bongani Zungu).

Okay I don't like the links between Rangers and the Marshalls as many don't in fact many find it odd. But then as I know you know, we are the in  know on this one, have found out about Marshall senior and the merger of the two previous fans groups/funds into club 1872 which has been run like a country fair with too much self importance and funds gone way wrong.

Just now, badjon said:

Okay I don't like the links between Rangers and the Marshalls as many don't in fact many find it odd. But then as I know you know, we are the in  know on this one, have found out about Marshall senior and the merger of the two previous fans groups/funds into club 1872 which has been run like a country fair with too much self importance and funds gone way wrong.

Makes two of us.

Funnily enough, ever since I was summoned to Ibrox, Snr and Dingwall have become rather vocal on FF about me previously blogging for the Record whenever I start pulling at threads. Can't imagine why...

I don't have an editor but do have a line manager who I report to however, I'm largely given free rein to produce whatever contant I think will work - along with the two other guys who work alongside me on Rangers News, and Ben who I run Not The Old Firm, I've far less of a visible profile on there in terms of written content simply due to the economics of it (far more people read about Rangers than the other 40 non-OF teams combined)

. Given that, page views wise, we're one of - if not the - most read Rangers news site on the net, we do not bad. Not The Old Firm is also starting to rapidly grow now and I believe that, we now have a presence at more games every weekend than any media outlet in Scotland.

As your virtual editor I fire you as you have misspelled content as CONTANT.

Makes two of us.

Funnily enough, ever since I was summoned to Ibrox, Snr and Dingwall have become rather vocal on FF about me previously blogging for the Record whenever I start pulling at threads. Can't imagine why...

When I asked if there was a similar thread regards our youth player and the racist abuse you said there was but it got locked and then I presume deleted. I wonder if you went in to FF with the same attitude or denouncement of other peoples opinion? You can't say that someone who says the player should have gone to the police, the club and then posted on Twitter or what not is a racist by implication they simply would have approached the racist dicks in a different way. One of the first things about journalism is trying to be objective despite your personal view point, hell one mate who makes @left winger look like a conservative writes for DM having done stints on the Sun ( English edition) and previously the Mirror.

7 minutes ago, badjon said:

When I asked if there was a similar thread regards our youth player and the racist abuse you said there was but it got locked and then I presume deleted. I wonder if you went in to FF with the same attitude or denouncement of other peoples opinion? You can't say that someone who says the player should have gone to the police, the club and then posted on Twitter or what not is a racist by implication they simply would have approached the racist dicks in a different way. One of the first things about journalism is trying to be objective despite your personal view point, hell one mate who makes @left winger look like a conservative writes for DM having done stints on the Sun ( English edition) and previously the Mirror.

I haven't said anything remotely close to that - either here, on FF or on Twitter. 

What I post on here or FF isnt work. I'm no more bound by the rules of my job in my free time than any of you are. While I might share bits of news etc, posting on here isn't my job and I'm on here entirely in a personal capacity. I was posting on here (and FF for that matter) before I'd even started trying to make a career out of this.

I can be as biased as I wish on here (and to an extent on RangersNews as it's very much aiming at Rangers fans) but I'm more than comfortable with my ability to be objective when it comes to my job.

9 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I haven't said anything remotely close to that - either here, on FF or on Twitter. 

What I post on here or FF isnt work. I'm no more bound by the rules of my job in my free time than any of you are. While I might share bits of news etc, posting on here isn't my job and I'm on here entirely in a personal capacity. I was posting on here (and FF for that matter) before I'd even started trying to make a career out of this.

I can be as biased as I wish on here (and to an extent on RangersNews as it's very much aiming at Rangers fans) but I'm more than comfortable with my ability to be objective when it comes to my job. In

If you were working for a serious news organisation there is absolutely no way you would be able to express the opinions you have to Rangers fans in  such an aggressive manner without facing problems due to you not trying to remain balanced. You also have the problem that you can come across as seeing yourself as the be all and end all regarding mainly topics that would rile even the most mild mannered Rangers fan.

Just some advice from your virtual Ed.:whistle:

17 minutes ago, badjon said:

If you were working for a serious news organisation there is absolutely no way you would be able to express the opinions you have to Rangers fans in  such an aggressive manner without facing problems due to you not trying to remining balanced. You also have the problem that you can come across as seeing yourself as the be all and end all regarding mainly topics that would rile even the most mild mannered Rangers fan.

Just some advice from your virtual Ed.:whistle:

It's stood me in good stead so far. I write for a media group doing well in excess of 150 million page views each month across our various sites with roughly 3million page views per month on Rangers News alone, our podcast has topped the Apple charts in a number of countries and was consistently among the top 50 sports pods in the uk for downloads before we had to suspend it because of Covid. Ive written for one of Scotlands biggest selling papers in the Record and followed in John Greig's footsteps by writing a fortnightly column for Shoot! Magazine.

I'm making more money that I've made at any point in my working life (I've been working full-time in various industries including travel, retail, leisure and telecomms before starting writing for the last 18 years) and all without as much as a day at college or uni after leaving High school shortly before I turned 17. Certainly wont be trying to be balanced on places like here or FF as ultimately, I'm a Rangers fan before I'm a journalist and like any other Rangers fan, I've got opinions on stuff.

If people get riled up by my opinions, that's on them. I'm not going to suddenly go from being someone who is pretty vocal to keeping quiet because it might annoy someone. No point doing this just to be wishy-washy.

3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

It's stood me in good stead so far. I write for a media group doing well in excess of 150 million page views each month across our various sites with roughly 3million page views per month on Rangers News alone, our podcast has topped the Apple charts in a number of countries and was consistently among the top 50 sports pods in the uk for downloads before we had to suspend it because of Covid. Ive written for one of Scotlands biggest selling papers in the Record and followed in John Greig's footsteps by writing a fortnightly column for Shoot! Magazine.

I'm making more money that I've made at any point in my working life (I've been working full-time in various industries including travel, retail, leisure and telecomms before starting writing for the last 18 years) and all without as much as a day at college or uni after leaving High school shortly before I turned 17. Certainly wont be trying to be balanced on places like here or FF as ultimately, I'm a Rangers fan before I'm a journalist and like any other Rangers fan, I've got opinions on stuff.

If people get riled up by my opinions, that's on them. I'm not going to suddenly go from being someone who is pretty vocal to keeping quiet because it might annoy someone. No point doing this just to be wishy-washy.

Aye okay is this the bit you claim you have more views than the DM? Get a hold of yourself FFS 😜 I will give you that you are doing better than before but don't kid on what you put out is on the same scale whatsoever. At least admit that, and before you say your organisation as a whole, that is not the same thing! Away to Celtic Vs Hibernian and report on that.

17 hours ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Don't know what we were expecting for a guy who's approaching 30 and not managed 200 games of club football yet. 

Honestly man, why do people do this? He’s just turned 28. 

I know nothing of Zungu and have never seen him play, like everyone else, but....

He’s always injured.

He’s not good enough.

We don’t need him. 

Too expensive.

Not played enough.

That sum it up? That’s what this thread is about, right?

Archived