Rangers Accounts 2020

james_85

3 minutes ago, MacBoyd said:

Slight concern I have is age of the squad. Most of the mainstays are mid to late 20s. We also rely heavily on 2 guys almost finished their careers who will need replaced. No youth players coming through.

In the summer we need to add a few younger ones.

The main assets are all early to mid twenties.

Alfie

Kamara

Kent.

Aribo (possibly)

Borna and Goldson are only 28 too.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Amato said:

Who are the two you mean? We have a fairly young squad

Davis and Mcgregor. Not as confident in Jon as most are its such a crucial position but I could be wrong. We certainly don't have a young team. The youngest regular starters are 24.

Just now, MacBoyd said:

Hopefully but Gerrard clearly isn't impressed by our youth. 

I'd disagree there. He's not giving them huge amounts of games just now, but this isn't the time to be throwing them in. We MUST win the title this season, arguably more than any season in my lifetime. That's not the time to just start throwing teenagers in to see how they cope. 

4 minutes ago, MacBoyd said:

Its not a problem yet but I think younger ones need added soon or it will be.

SG’s succession planning seems to include Paterson at RB and Bassey at left back to replace Tav and Borna. Katic at centre half although he’s a fair bit away from being a multi million pound player.

There always needs to be a sprinkling of experience and i think we have a nice balance just now.

1 minute ago, STEPPS BOY said:

SG’s succession planning seems to include Paterson at RB and Bassey at left back to replace Tav and Borna. Katic at centre half although he’s a fair bit away from being a multi million pound player.

There always needs to be a sprinkling of experience and i think we have a nice balance just now.

Not sure I agree about Paterson. As far as I'm aware he's only played once, where he did look good. Isn't even making the bench most weeks. I know the man in his position has been by far the best player in Scotland but he should be getting some time imo.

9 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I'd disagree there. He's not giving them huge amounts of games just now, but this isn't the time to be throwing them in. We MUST win the title this season, arguably more than any season in my lifetime. That's not the time to just start throwing teenagers in to see how they cope. 

yeah of course but if we don't win it then you don't play them again? The pressure won't go away, hopefully we don't need to find out.

1 minute ago, MacBoyd said:

yeah of course but if we don't win it then you don't play them again? The pressure won't go away, hopefully we don't need to find out.

The pressure next season would be less imo either way. They'll have got their holy grail or we'll be defending champions and got the monkey off our back.

44 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Both players (McGregor and Davis) have younger replacements coming through in McCrorie and Kennedy

What’s the situation with Kennedy .Has there been a change ,Last I saw he was out of the picture completely and in the last year of his contract .

Just now, magic8ball said:

What’s the situation with Kennedy .Has there been a change ,Last I saw he was out of the picture completely and in the last year of his contract .

There's dialogue ongoing over a new deal apparently. Think his spell at ICT has quickly let him see the grass isnt always greener

Sounds like financially we're in a similar position to celtic, albeit we've had to invest abit in recent years (to close the gap) with the gamble being it will bring trophies. You can argue some success has already been brought financially through the europa league. I expect Borna will be sold after Euro's, Bassey clearly his replacement. Alfie will also be sold and Kent and Kamara will also go at some point - so could get £70m between them for dependent on market conditions.

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

It doesn't help either. It has literally no effect. 

It does have an effect.  The media had constantly labelled Morelos as having issues with his temperament which has had a negative effect on his reputation.  When you talk to anyone outside of Scottish football about Morelos they always mention his discipline despite not knowing how many cards he's had (some later rescinded) or what they were for (such as goal celebrations or a dive).  They think he's a mad dog.  The media absolutely have the power to alter public perception.  A similar campaign could've been launched after Christie got a few red cards last season, or Scott Brown elbowing someone in the face constantly (labelled "gamesmanship" by the Scottish media) but it never does.

3 hours ago, mclovin9091 said:

Thats fucking horrendous for them only making a profit in 2 years since 2014 and it wasn't much at that either. Just shows that in order for them to break even as it stands, is to sell £20m worth of players every year.

They are currently trading (pre covid) at a loss of £430k a week and have been for years, their business model is to recoup that via the champions league or trading players. If they don’t qualify for the CL they need to sell. They didn’t qualify again this season so will need to sell again this January or summer to reduce their losses, they are running out of players to sell. If we win the league this season and go straight into the CL group stages they are in trouble 

Got a fright when I checked the news this morning and seen a headline about concern for us to continue after next season.

Then as usual, when you read the article, it says Park and Bennet have agreed to plug the gaps. 

But we all know we really need to win the league and start accessing these Champions League monies. You can't expect the likes of Park to continue to pump millions in each year with no return. He might be loaded but his money won't last forever. 

Tarriers will be sitting on their laptops with 2 inch stauners though due to their inability to read the beyond headlines.

1 minute ago, TMB said:

It does have an effect.  The media had constantly labelled Morelos as having issues with his temperament which has had a negative effect on his reputation.  When you talk to anyone outside of Scottish football about Morelos they always mention his discipline despite not knowing how many cards he's had (some later rescinded) or what they were for (such as goal celebrations or a dive).  They think he's a mad dog.  The media absolutely have the power to alter public perception.  A similar campaign could've been launched after Christie got a few red cards last season, or Scott Brown elbowing someone in the face constantly (labelled "gamesmanship" by the Scottish media) but it never does.

So do You think any buying clubs wouldn’t have noticed he was sent off 5 times in a season unless they read the back pages of the papers? Only 1 person to blame for his disciplinary record 

3 minutes ago, TMB said:

You're conflating two different things here. Football clubs dont take their valuations for players from newspapers. Never have. Never will,

9 minutes ago, TMB said:

Too much common sense mate. 👍

You didn't expect a journo to criticize another journo mate, they stick together like shit on a blanket.

36 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

Got a fright when I checked the news this morning and seen a headline about concern for us to continue after next season.

Then as usual, when you read the article, it says Park and Bennet have agreed to plug the gaps. 

But we all know we really need to win the league and start accessing these Champions League monies. You can't expect the likes of Park to continue to pump millions in each year with no return. He might be loaded but his money won't last forever. 

Tarriers will be sitting on their laptops with 2 inch stauners though due to their inability to read the beyond headlines.

Even the europa league would eventually have been enough for us to break even, we arent going to be spending millions every summer on the squad without selling anyone

Just this season is a whitewash in regards to ticket sales, when over 15mill of your revenue stream is wiped due to this fucking virus then its always gonna be a bastard 

1 minute ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Even the europa league would eventually have been enough for us to break even, we arent going to be spending millions every summer on the squad without selling anyone

Just this season is a whitewash in regards to ticket sales, when over 15mill of your revenue stream is wiped due to this fucking virus then its always gonna be a bastard 

I'm perhaps being stupid or missing something here, but do additional match day ticket sales (outwith season ticket money but including hospitality/corporate) really add up to 15-million?

Archived