Rangers Accounts 2020

54 minutes ago, mclovin9091 said:

Just shows that in order for them to break even as it stands, is to sell £20m worth of players every year.

No wonder they have the press up here over hyping the values of some pretty average players for them. They do it all the time. Fucking clever to be fair. 

Bad Robot likes this
  • Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’ve already said on here that no matter what happens this season we’ll need to sell players.. The nonsense about Europe being a distraction (myself included btw) is laid bare in accounts. A

Rent free.

This place is mental. Scum release break even figures - Look they can only get profits by selling players, horrific figures and are in huge trouble. We release huge loses - Nothing to worry

Posted Images

29 minutes ago, SteveEarle said:

No wonder they have the press up here over hyping the values of some pretty average players for them. They do it all the time. Fucking clever to be fair. 

Papers have absolutely no effect on transfer fees. Arsenal didn't pay what they paid for Tierney because the record said that's what he's worth 😂

2 minutes ago, MacBoyd said:

Slight concern I have is age of the squad. Most of the mainstays are mid to late 20s. We also rely heavily on 2 guys almost finished their careers who will need replaced. No youth players coming through.

In the summer we need to add a few younger ones.

Who are the two you mean? We have a fairly young squad

magic8ball likes this
3 minutes ago, MacBoyd said:

Slight concern I have is age of the squad. Most of the mainstays are mid to late 20s. We also rely heavily on 2 guys almost finished their careers who will need replaced. No youth players coming through.

Both players (McGregor and Davis) have younger replacements coming through in McCrorie and Kennedy

magic8ball and MacBoyd like this
3 minutes ago, MacBoyd said:

The main assets are all early to mid twenties.

Alfie

Kamara

Kent.

Aribo (possibly)

Borna and Goldson are only 28 too.

Laudrup1984 and MacBoyd like this
Just now, MacBoyd said:

Hopefully but Gerrard clearly isn't impressed by our youth. 

I'd disagree there. He's not giving them huge amounts of games just now, but this isn't the time to be throwing them in. We MUST win the title this season, arguably more than any season in my lifetime. That's not the time to just start throwing teenagers in to see how they cope. 

4 minutes ago, MacBoyd said:

Its not a problem yet but I think younger ones need added soon or it will be.

SG’s succession planning seems to include Paterson at RB and Bassey at left back to replace Tav and Borna. Katic at centre half although he’s a fair bit away from being a multi million pound player.

There always needs to be a sprinkling of experience and i think we have a nice balance just now.

graeme_4 and bornabear like this
1 minute ago, STEPPS BOY said:

SG’s succession planning seems to include Paterson at RB and Bassey at left back to replace Tav and Borna. Katic at centre half although he’s a fair bit away from being a multi million pound player.

There always needs to be a sprinkling of experience and i think we have a nice balance just now.

Not sure I agree about Paterson. As far as I'm aware he's only played once, where he did look good. Isn't even making the bench most weeks. I know the man in his position has been by far the best player in Scotland but he should be getting some time imo.

9 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I'd disagree there. He's not giving them huge amounts of games just now, but this isn't the time to be throwing them in. We MUST win the title this season, arguably more than any season in my lifetime. That's not the time to just start throwing teenagers in to see how they cope. 

yeah of course but if we don't win it then you don't play them again? The pressure won't go away, hopefully we don't need to find out.

1 minute ago, MacBoyd said:

yeah of course but if we don't win it then you don't play them again? The pressure won't go away, hopefully we don't need to find out.

The pressure next season would be less imo either way. They'll have got their holy grail or we'll be defending champions and got the monkey off our back.

HG5 likes this
Just now, magic8ball said:

What’s the situation with Kennedy .Has there been a change ,Last I saw he was out of the picture completely and in the last year of his contract .

There's dialogue ongoing over a new deal apparently. Think his spell at ICT has quickly let him see the grass isnt always greener

BridgeIsBlue and magic8ball like this

Sounds like financially we're in a similar position to celtic, albeit we've had to invest abit in recent years (to close the gap) with the gamble being it will bring trophies. You can argue some success has already been brought financially through the europa league. I expect Borna will be sold after Euro's, Bassey clearly his replacement. Alfie will also be sold and Kent and Kamara will also go at some point - so could get £70m between them for dependent on market conditions.

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

It doesn't help either. It has literally no effect. 

It does have an effect.  The media had constantly labelled Morelos as having issues with his temperament which has had a negative effect on his reputation.  When you talk to anyone outside of Scottish football about Morelos they always mention his discipline despite not knowing how many cards he's had (some later rescinded) or what they were for (such as goal celebrations or a dive).  They think he's a mad dog.  The media absolutely have the power to alter public perception.  A similar campaign could've been launched after Christie got a few red cards last season, or Scott Brown elbowing someone in the face constantly (labelled "gamesmanship" by the Scottish media) but it never does.

bornabear likes this
3 hours ago, mclovin9091 said:

Thats fucking horrendous for them only making a profit in 2 years since 2014 and it wasn't much at that either. Just shows that in order for them to break even as it stands, is to sell £20m worth of players every year.

They are currently trading (pre covid) at a loss of £430k a week and have been for years, their business model is to recoup that via the champions league or trading players. If they don’t qualify for the CL they need to sell. They didn’t qualify again this season so will need to sell again this January or summer to reduce their losses, they are running out of players to sell. If we win the league this season and go straight into the CL group stages they are in trouble 

mclovin9091 and magic8ball like this