Jump to content

Rangers Accounts 2020


Recommended Posts

Got a fright when I checked the news this morning and seen a headline about concern for us to continue after next season.

Then as usual, when you read the article, it says Park and Bennet have agreed to plug the gaps. 

But we all know we really need to win the league and start accessing these Champions League monies. You can't expect the likes of Park to continue to pump millions in each year with no return. He might be loaded but his money won't last forever. 

Tarriers will be sitting on their laptops with 2 inch stauners though due to their inability to read the beyond headlines.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’ve already said on here that no matter what happens this season we’ll need to sell players.. The nonsense about Europe being a distraction (myself included btw) is laid bare in accounts. A

Rent free.

This place is mental. Scum release break even figures - Look they can only get profits by selling players, horrific figures and are in huge trouble. We release huge loses - Nothing to worry

Posted Images

1 minute ago, TMB said:

It does have an effect.  The media had constantly labelled Morelos as having issues with his temperament which has had a negative effect on his reputation.  When you talk to anyone outside of Scottish football about Morelos they always mention his discipline despite not knowing how many cards he's had (some later rescinded) or what they were for (such as goal celebrations or a dive).  They think he's a mad dog.  The media absolutely have the power to alter public perception.  A similar campaign could've been launched after Christie got a few red cards last season, or Scott Brown elbowing someone in the face constantly (labelled "gamesmanship" by the Scottish media) but it never does.

So do You think any buying clubs wouldn’t have noticed he was sent off 5 times in a season unless they read the back pages of the papers? Only 1 person to blame for his disciplinary record 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, TMB said:

It does have an effect.  The media had constantly labelled Morelos as having issues with his temperament which has had a negative effect on his reputation.  When you talk to anyone outside of Scottish football about Morelos they always mention his discipline despite not knowing how many cards he's had (some later rescinded) or what they were for (such as goal celebrations or a dive).  They think he's a mad dog.  The media absolutely have the power to alter public perception.  A similar campaign could've been launched after Christie got a few red cards last season, or Scott Brown elbowing someone in the face constantly (labelled "gamesmanship" by the Scottish media) but it never does.

You're conflating two different things here. Football clubs dont take their valuations for players from newspapers. Never have. Never will,

Irn Blu likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, TMB said:

It does have an effect.  The media had constantly labelled Morelos as having issues with his temperament which has had a negative effect on his reputation.  When you talk to anyone outside of Scottish football about Morelos they always mention his discipline despite not knowing how many cards he's had (some later rescinded) or what they were for (such as goal celebrations or a dive).  They think he's a mad dog.  The media absolutely have the power to alter public perception.  A similar campaign could've been launched after Christie got a few red cards last season, or Scott Brown elbowing someone in the face constantly (labelled "gamesmanship" by the Scottish media) but it never does.

Too much common sense mate. 👍

You didn't expect a journo to criticize another journo mate, they stick together like shit on a blanket.

Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

Got a fright when I checked the news this morning and seen a headline about concern for us to continue after next season.

Then as usual, when you read the article, it says Park and Bennet have agreed to plug the gaps. 

But we all know we really need to win the league and start accessing these Champions League monies. You can't expect the likes of Park to continue to pump millions in each year with no return. He might be loaded but his money won't last forever. 

Tarriers will be sitting on their laptops with 2 inch stauners though due to their inability to read the beyond headlines.

Even the europa league would eventually have been enough for us to break even, we arent going to be spending millions every summer on the squad without selling anyone

Just this season is a whitewash in regards to ticket sales, when over 15mill of your revenue stream is wiped due to this fucking virus then its always gonna be a bastard 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Even the europa league would eventually have been enough for us to break even, we arent going to be spending millions every summer on the squad without selling anyone

Just this season is a whitewash in regards to ticket sales, when over 15mill of your revenue stream is wiped due to this fucking virus then its always gonna be a bastard 

I'm perhaps being stupid or missing something here, but do additional match day ticket sales (outwith season ticket money but including hospitality/corporate) really add up to 15-million?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

I'm perhaps being stupid or missing something here, but do additional match day ticket sales (outwith season ticket money but including hospitality/corporate) really add up to 15-million?

Europa league they do, our prize money was just over 8mill, our euro revenue was just over 20mill, so you have to imagine thats all ticket sales, 9 home games with fans remember, 1.5mill a home game in ticket sales isn't far fetched

HG5 likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Even the europa league would eventually have been enough for us to break even, we arent going to be spending millions every summer on the squad without selling anyone

Just this season is a whitewash in regards to ticket sales, when over 15mill of your revenue stream is wiped due to this fucking virus then its always gonna be a bastard 

The loss next year is going to be far worse!

These accounts are for last year and include EL gate money that we received for EVERY tie.

This year we will lose all of that. CL money is vital.

J-Maestro likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

The loss next year is going to be far worse!

These accounts are for last year and include EL gate money that we received for EVERY tie.

This year we will lose all of that. CL money is vital.

There is no castore money or merchandise money from them either in these ones 

Sweetheart likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Rfc52 said:

There is no castore money or merchandise money from them either in these ones 

Theres also no transfer cost figures for this summer which is £15.4m as per accounts note. The wages will also be higher over this season. 

The castore deal/merchandise wont come close to covering those costs alone.

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

The loss next year is going to be far worse!

These accounts are for last year and include EL gate money that we received for EVERY tie.

This year we will lose all of that. CL money is vital.

Oh i know, i was saying though that a good run in the europa seems to cover our general losses, we've incurred more due to buying players etc

Rangers_no1 likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, bornabear said:

Too much common sense mate. 👍

You didn't expect a journo to criticize another journo mate, they stick together like shit on a blanket.

You've clearly never read the countless times I've criticised journalists. I regularly criticise journos - particularly Scottish ones. :lol:

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Shuggy said:

Thank goodness for good Europa league runs.

Are the players still on 50% wage deferrals?

Would it be a good guess to say Rangers would be in profit last financial year without covid-19?

 

Nope we’d still have lost money. Only way we’d have broke even would be if we’d sold Morelos for £15+million in Jan

Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anybody else think it’s bizarre that we need 21 million to see out the next two seasons and our manager’s personal wealth is probably two or three times that amount.

I’m not suggesting that we should be asking him to put his hand in his pocket or anything crazy like that, but it just sort of drives home and reinforces how successful a career he had doesn’t it? 

BridgeIsBlue likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Upcoming Events

    • 21 April 2021 18:00 Until 20:00
      0  
      St. Johnstone v Rangers
      McDiarmid Park
      Scottish Premiership

×
×
  • Create New...