*****The Official Rangers v SL Benfica Thread*****

G.E.C.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only positive about getting mugged twice off they thieving Portuguese bastards is they are a right decent team, as good as Leverkusen but in these games we have been the better team over the 90mins as I said lose concentration for a second and you’ll get robbed at this level

Just now, Bears r us said:

At KO I would have taken a draw, but being 2-0 up it now feels like a loss. :sad:

Still in a great position to go through still. :thumbup:

Yeah mate. Feels like a loss. That cunt linesman cost us as well. I hate talking like that, but people need to do their jobs properly. Tarrier officiating tonight. 

The OG was unfortunate. In the first half they wasted at least three really good shots into Row Z - all of which could have had a different outcome any other day. In my opinion it was a 50-50 game and a fair result, but a bastard to blow away a 2 goal lead like that.

Great game for a neutral.

Gerrard needs to start making subs, Benfica made 4 or 5 today ? And turned the game around. I honestly felt that we are lucky that there was not another 10 mins or so. 

Still, we are in a good place. No injuries and a point against a pretty damn good side. 

Disappointed with the result but cant find fault with the performance , if offered to be unbeaten v benfica after 2 games I would have bitten your hand off, we remain unbeaten and we go again v the Belgians to hopefully secure qualification.

What a goal from Roofe, an absolute peach, deserved to be a winner.

Just now, Leeds_Bear said:

Same I’m happy but could be happier. Game was crying out for Barker’s runs in behind (can’t believe I just said that! 😂)

Nah we badly missed someone like jack coming on, they had far too much time to work the ball about the middle of the park, and it dragged in our wider players meaning they could spray it wide and then run at us

Just now, Ger_onimo said:

We were clearly knackered though

But the game was so close it could have disrupted our shape on the pitch. 100% with Gerrard on this one. 

2 sloppy goals. We shouldve had a pen and shouldve won. Will still get through in the group so not end of the world.

1 minute ago, Raligt said:

I agree with the manager in not making any changes. I dont think he wanted to disrupt tempo of the game.

As a sub you always find it difficult coming into a game like that.

the whole point is to disrupt the tempo we had none!

Gutted at 2 draws with Benfica. 

Says how well we have played this year. 

Unlucky at their first , and same story wasteful with other chances. 

They are a very decent through, and we showed a good account of ourselves in both games. 

Can’t do much about the goals their second was fantastic football. They are a top quality side and they are going to get create chances. We played very well and great goals as well. The only reason I can’t think we didn’t make subs is not to disrupt the team in a game like this. I’m sure in the last game against them their goals came after our subs and we lost our shape a bit. I would have changed it last 5 minutes maybe Kent for Itten

4 minutes ago, the goal machine said:

Arses collapsed in both games. Subs should have been made as the players looked dead on their feet. Gerrard's doing a cracking job but his game management is probably his biggest weakness.

No, arses didn’t collapse. If anything we were too gung ho in the first match.

In that match there we were shattered and the team should have been freshened up for the latter stages. Hell, we were still trying to score the winner at the end when I was shouting about just seeing it out for the point.

Archived