*****The Official Rangers v SL Benfica Thread*****

G.E.C.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, eejay the dj said:

And thank fuck they do mate or we would be struggling .They have got players that are extremely comfortable with the ball 

It astounds me ,our record against Portuguese sides 

Especially when you see Porto turning over Marseille in France last night 

These 2 clubs are A list .They are feeder clubs for the big clubs like Barca etc 

This is a scalp I want badly tonight 

When you see how poorly we tend to do against French sides, the contrast to results v Portuguese teams is astonishing!

Yes - be good to beat a proper big name again!

2 minutes ago, DrLaudrup said:

Yep, but not all appreciate  it. The fact that so many of our goals recently have come from the attacking 3 behind him highlight this. 

I agree. We have lost his goals but we are a far better team now. His hold up play is unreal. 

2 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

And thank fuck they do mate or we would be struggling .They have got players that are extremely comfortable with the ball 

It astounds me ,our record against Portuguese sides 

Especially when you see Porto turning over Marseille in France last night 

These 2 clubs are A list .They are feeder clubs for the big clubs like Barca etc 

This is a scalp I want badly tonight 

Agreed. 3-3 in Portugal on the face of it was a fantastic result but with the way it happened we were all a bit disappointed that night. A win tonight completely erases that.

4 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

i'm going to go back and rewatch some of our games from Gerrards first season, will show starkly how far we have all come when compared to now- players, managers and fans. 

I do it regularly mate .That is why I’m not moaning as much .We are a solid outfit nowadays .No panic .Just professional 

Archived