*****The Official Rangers v SL Benfica Thread*****

G.E.C.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

He's doing fine tonight. He is being asked to give us an out ball and keep possession and he is doing that really well.

Malky.It has been a tactical master stroke from SG .He drops deep and we get so much more from the others .So far .Most teams are struggling to work us out 

5 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

outstanding efforts from everyone in that half. 

i am in awe of what Gerrard has managed to get out of such a small budget. you'd think this was Football Manager 2020 we were playing with these results.  

You would think if he wins the league this season he will leave for a big job somewhere.

All this talk of us playing against CL quality teams.  The facts are all starting to say we are actually a CL quality team.  Solid first half, would take any sort of win, Benfica are clearly a top side.  Kamara is such an intelligent player and Barisic is doing a good job at getting forward when he can.

Just now, jamess said:

You would think if he wins the league this season he will leave for a big job somewhere.

I think unless Liverpool comes round then he will want a crack at the CL.  I can't imagine him wanting to go abroad or take over another EPL club.  Not like he needs the money.

3 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

So glad we didn't sell him in the Summer. He more than pays his wages with his contribution in Europe alone.

I said .We don’t win 55 without Alfredo .Fair enough .Others are stepping up too .Yet Alfredo up top gives us the confidence going forward .

A high percentage of teams have been better in possession than us in the Europa but we've beat the majority of them. 

Our possession has obviously got to improve if we make the CL because that's we're teams can really punish if we don't.

3 minutes ago, jamess said:

always said that if he leaves after getting us the title i'll be thankful he's got us back to the top of our game and wish him well wherever he ends up. Will be disappointed but thats the modern game. 

Hope he wants to keep pushing us forward in the CL though and will stay for that experience before going. 

Archived