*****The Official Rangers v SL Benfica Thread*****

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

outstanding efforts from everyone in that half.  i am in awe of what Gerrard has managed to get out of such a small budget. you'd think this was Football Manager 2020 we were playing with these r

It’s great being a Bear right now. 

We have seen better Rangers teams lose to much worse than Benfica over the decades. This season has been almost faultless so far and to keep the momentum and unbeaten run going for this long is almost

Posted Images

53 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Odd that every team we ever play in Europe is ‘decimated’. Almost like the Scottish media are trying to downplay any good results. 

Although it's reported in MSM that they are missing 9 players only 5 of them are in their squad and 2 of those are suspensions.  Their remaining squad for Thursday has a value of £168.35 million !

Glad to hear Gerrard's comments saying we are going all out for a win, so we've got a couple of weeks rest (indicating that he will play squad players against Falkirk and give a chunk of the first team a bit of a rest) and we can go into these couple of weeks on a high. That's the type of thing I like and the way I see it.

Big push for this one, and you can enjoy the wee rest from League and European business, but without the international football and being worried our stars are coming back crocked, with Covid or having to isolate etc.

Amokachi, RS4_wul and falkirkNS like this
2 hours ago, bluenoz said:

I watched bits & pieces of Champions league tonight. We are better than teams like Sevilia, Rennes, Krasnodar & Kyiv.

There are harder teams in the Europa than some Champions League teams - Benfica, Bayer , Leicester, Villarreal, Spurs... and us!

We’re in great form but c’mon mate :lol: :lol:😂

BridgeIsBlue likes this
1 minute ago, ForeverAndEver said:

We’re in great form but c’mon mate :lol: :lol:😂

I watched them because I had them on a bet. They were jammy to win 90+5.

The way we have been playing, we would have beat them based on that performance.

Anyway, other than about ten or so teams, I don't think the jump from Europa to Champions league is that big.

32 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

I watched them because I had them on a bet. They were jammy to win 90+5.

The way we have been playing, we would have beat them based on that performance.

Anyway, other than about ten or so teams, I don't think the jump from Europa to Champions league is that big.

Agree, big jump between the two though.  

Just seen Tarabaat’s on their injury list of 6 - pleased with that he’s a good creative player. Him and their star striker being out is brilliant news 

what about that Otamendi that got sent off a couple weeks ago, is he out this game or does it kick in the next game? 

Sweetheart likes this
15 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

Just seen Tarabaat’s on their injury list of 6 - pleased with that he’s a good creative player. Him and their star striker being out is brilliant news 

what about that Otamendi that got sent off a couple weeks ago, is he out this game or does it kick in the next game? 

Injuries

Jean-Clair Todibo Centre-Back Achilles tendon problems 

André Almeida Right-Back Cruciate Ligament Rupture 

Pedrinho Right Midfield Foot Injury

Darwin Núñez Centre-Forward Corona virus

Julian Weigl Defensive Midfield Corona virus

Nuno Tavares Left-Back Hip Injury

Adel Taarabt Attacking Midfield Corona virus

Suspensions

Nicolás Otamendi Centre-Back Red card suspension Nov 24, 2020- Nov 27, 2020

https://www.transfermarkt.com/benfica-lissabon/sperrenundverletzungen/verein/294

3 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

Injuries

Jean-Clair Todibo Centre-Back Achilles tendon problems 

André Almeida Right-Back Cruciate Ligament Rupture 

Pedrinho Right Midfield Foot Injury

Darwin Núñez Centre-Forward Corona virus

Julian Weigl Defensive Midfield Corona virus

Nuno Tavares Left-Back Hip Injury

Adel Taarabt Attacking Midfield Corona virus

Suspensions

Nicolás Otamendi Centre-Back Red card suspension Nov 24, 2020- Nov 27, 2020

https://www.transfermarkt.com/benfica-lissabon/sperrenundverletzungen/verein/294

I read that Andreas Samaris is also suspended