*****The Official Rangers v SL Benfica Thread*****

G.E.C.

8 minutes ago, My Fathers Scarf said:

Probably Benfica with a full squad.(don't think they can) That was great experience over 2 games for the players and management. You can't buy that. Learn and move on.

Pish. We always pump Portuguese teams oot of Europe. 

Thank fuck we didn't get a team from the Czech Republic :lol:

Looking forward to humping them in last 16/8 tbh 

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Brubear said:

I noticed that. They obviously think it is based on GD as opposed to head to head. Could just be enough to see us top the group and Benfica second. 

Im confused, so if it's not based on goal difference, then why are we above Benfica? What are thry using to work it out? Away goals?

4 minutes ago, Brubear said:

I noticed that. They obviously think it is based on GD as opposed to head to head. Could just be enough to see us top the group and Benfica second. 

No, they know it's based on head to head. Git it up them. 

5 minutes ago, JohnLima said:

Why? When they were winning they were all looking for me ... Now that they put the guitar in the bag, hold on, little ones! 😁

You scraped two draws against us 

With some incredible fortune it has to be said, ricochets OG’s etc 

Millions spent and still struggling against the Rangers now fuck off back to getting pumped off Boavista 

23 minutes ago, Marco said:

Exactly, hence issues rather than a more hyperbolic term. End of the day we're drawing 5-5 over 180 minutes against a side that should be in the CL, whilst celtic are losing 8-2 against Czech EL-calibre sides in that same period. Don't think anyone's going to lose their head tonight, but the two Benfica games always represented a chance to test ourselves against genuine quality and we'll be even better for it.

Well said Marco.

8 minutes ago, billscott said:

100% right the midfield ran out of steam but who would you  bring on as all our other midfielders were out maybe bassey at a push  you could not change the front 3 as they were causing problems and barker or itten would not improve that  the pen would have finished the game

With Jack and Zungu missing we had no natural replacements for the positions required to shore up the midfield , fucking about with the balance and shape of the team would be mental, I get that people are disappointed we couldn't hold on but lashing out at Gerrard is retarded, Benfica went to their bench and brought on the quality in the final third they had been lacking all night, we didn't have that in key areas, ultimately, had Balogun not slipped at the crucial moment he would have got a block on the shot, had the lineman not done fuck knows what it wouldn't have mattered

6 minutes ago, Brubear said:

They know it's based on head to head,  has been since 1992..........get it round them.

6 minutes ago, Flatcap said:

We've only thrown an opportunity away if we don't qualify. Poznan and Liege both have to play us and Benfica and one of them would have to beat us both. In the unlikely event that happens, we would probably still qualify with one point from two games.

Unbeaten in the league, unbeaten in Europe, pumped the scum, playing some superb football, scoring shed loads of goals. Time for folks to become glass half full....leave the half empty shite for the other side of town.

Their side of town isnae half empty...cunts are drowning in whatever's in their glass. Also, I think you slightly missed my point (might be how I phrased it). I feel disappointed...for not beating them twice. Look how far we've come as a club from that prick in a bush. 

3 minutes ago, GA1972 said:

You scraped two draws against us 

With some incredible fortune it has to be said, ricochets OG’s etc 

Millions spent and still struggling against the Rangers now fuck off back to getting pumped off Boavista 

Drawing with hivs, surely :lol:

21 minutes ago, wewillfollowrangers said:

Answer the questions instead of talking utter shite, of course I'm disappointed at not winning but I'm not fucking stupid enough to blame Gerrard for Balogun slipping or a linesman not giving the clearest hand ball you''l see. had Jack been fit then yea I would have brought him on, who else would have made a difference? upsetting the balance of the team to make subs for the sake of making them isn't that clever.

the only person talking utter shite is you !!!! and to be honest you don't sound disappointed maybe that's the difference between you and me and to be honest you do sound fucking stupid.  Did i say i blamed SG for Balogun for slipping,  but not making any changers with 13 minutes to go wasnt clever and to be honest reading your ramblings you dont sound very clever 

48 minutes ago, Laudrup1984 said:

Obviously not easy to admit and it's always easy to blame the defence but that's some pretty decent interplay from Benfica for their 2nd.

Indeed. First goal was preventable, second was just one of those things that sometimes happens when you play a good outfit.

1 minute ago, hawkfalcons said:

the only person talking utter shite is you !!!! and to be honest you don't sound disappointed maybe that's the difference between you and me.  Did i say i blamed SG for Balogun for slipping,  but not making any changers with 13 minutes to go wasnt clever and to be honest reading your ramblings you dont sound very clever 

Fuck off ya fucking helmet, retarded cunt.

I would just like to say frustrations tonight aside the results of both us and the scum in Europe this season show you that we’re far and away the best side in the country and from what I’ve seen the best side in Scottish football since Walter was here with Jelavic etc 

It will be an absolute travesty if we don’t win the league this year 

Archived