*****The Official Rangers v SL Benfica Thread*****

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

outstanding efforts from everyone in that half.  i am in awe of what Gerrard has managed to get out of such a small budget. you'd think this was Football Manager 2020 we were playing with these r

It’s great being a Bear right now. 

We have seen better Rangers teams lose to much worse than Benfica over the decades. This season has been almost faultless so far and to keep the momentum and unbeaten run going for this long is almost

Posted Images

45 minutes ago, LegendofCoop said:

I think the majority of the side picks itself! Not sure who will be up top. I'd go with (injuries permitting)

McGregor

Tav Helander Goldson Barisic

Kamara Aribo Davis

Roofe Morelos Kent

That’s what I would pick too but I fear we’ll be seeing the name Barker in the starting lineup, probably at the expense of Roofe.

LegendofCoop likes this
8 hours ago, Colin Traive said:

That’s what I would pick too but I fear we’ll be seeing the name Barker in the starting lineup, probably at the expense of Roofe.

I think he will come on later if we're needing to run at them. I'm hoping by the 70th minute we're in a situation where we're just needing to see the game out and shore up the defence :tu: 

6 hours ago, Mafeking St. said:

That's a cracking team but Arfield has been great, maybe sneak him in and hope the ref misses it :rangers:

He was the other option to Aribo. You're right though, he has been superb and it would be unfair to drop him. I just think Aribo has a wee bit more flair and needs games. Arfield has played a lot in comparison, so SG might decide to go with fresher legs. Wouldn't complain either way! :tu: 

4 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

Wish I was going tonight.

Fucking miss the place and big nights like tonight.

Canae believe I've went from watching Pedro argue in a bushi to feeling confident of beating benfica.

It would've been a great night mate, I love a cold Winter Euro game under the floodlights.

7 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

Wish I was going tonight.

Fucking miss the place and big nights like tonight.

Canae believe I've went from watching Pedro argue in a bushi to feeling confident of beating benfica.

Gonna be a fuckin belter of a match with us snatching a last minute winner in a 4-3 thriller.fuckin wish I was going as well.

No Surrender 

Rab 

pollok-bear likes this

Massive game tonight, really looking forward to it. 

A win would be incredible. They are a very good team so we will need to be right up for it. What an incentive to win though, potentially qualification with two games to go.

That will be massive in terms of being able to rest players ahead of league fixtures.

1-0 to us, Alfie to score.

43 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Just finished work and like others I'm absolutely chapping at the bit for this game the night, wish to fuck we were all going as well, it's these games you definitely miss going to. 

Going for a 2-0, Morelos and Aribo. 

Ive just started mine. If by work you mean log onto the laptop and then read RM for a few hours. 

I feel like we have a great chance of the 3 points tonight, i'll probably be a little disappointed if we don't get them tbh.

Shows how far we have actually come.

Benfica missing a few influential players and they aren't exactly in great form given they have lost 2 league games and by all accounts should've lost against us.

They won 1-0 in the cup to Portuguese minnows, so whilst they should be respected, they are a team that I would expect us to beat at Ibrox.

For whatever reason Portuguese sides just don't like playing us, hopefully that continues tonight.