*****The Official Rangers v SL Benfica Thread*****

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

outstanding efforts from everyone in that half.  i am in awe of what Gerrard has managed to get out of such a small budget. you'd think this was Football Manager 2020 we were playing with these r

It’s great being a Bear right now. 

We have seen better Rangers teams lose to much worse than Benfica over the decades. This season has been almost faultless so far and to keep the momentum and unbeaten run going for this long is almost

Posted Images

43 minutes ago, Roy Hobbs said:

Sky sports has Kent doubtful in the headline and Jack doubtful in the main story. They're all also expecting Balogun, rather than Helander to replace Otamendi at the back for Benfica.

https://www.skysports.com/football/Rangers-vs-benfica/preview/439137

Think they've got mixed up between Jack and Kent in the top picture and headline.

Edit: realise I have fucked this :lol: bunch of spackers over at Sky.

1 hour ago, Roy Hobbs said:

Sky sports has Kent doubtful in the headline and Jack doubtful in the main story. They're all also expecting Balogun, rather than Helander to replace Otamendi at the back for Benfica.

https://www.skysports.com/football/Rangers-vs-benfica/preview/439137

Shambles that. 

Idiot who wrote it probably gets paid a good amount as well. Sickens me these people involved in Sky Sports/BT etc who are utterly clueless and make non stop errors, McManaman being one of the worst. 

TheKingObv likes this
4 hours ago, Rfc52 said:

We were starting to turn the screw on them before that big retard was sent off 

Benfica are being hugely overrated over that 18 minutes. They never even had a shot on target. Created one chance from a break away, Helander double mistake for the goal.

They are a good side and capable of beating us, but readings posts since the draw and that tie, sounds like we played Bayern Munich!

RFC55 likes this
4 hours ago, scottyc06 said:

Our own form is fucking unreal.

Their form is terrible.

It’s at Ibrox.

They’ve got a very depleted squad.

:tu:

Can see us winning by at least two goals. Its understandable to be cagey against European teams with good historical pedigree. However, if playing near to our best it should be a comfortable win. Hopefully not an off night for us and we get an early first half goal to settle into the match. Buzzing for it. 

scottyc06 likes this
18 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Benfica are being hugely overrated over that 18 minutes. They never even had a shot on target. Created one chance from a break away, Helander double mistake for the goal.

They are a good side and capable of beating us, but readings posts since the draw and that tie, sounds like we played Bayern Munich!

I’m just trying to temper the blind optimism on here. We carry on our current form and I’m quietly optimistic but too many think it’s a done deal and all we have to do is turn up.

1 hour ago, the goal machine said:

Can see it being a nervy 1-0 win. 

Can see us taking our first loss tonight 

History watching Rangers🤔 .Always makes me uncomfortable, being favourites in a big game, we don’t have to win .Clearly hope I’m wrong and we thump them .We can still qualify if we don’t though  .Going through with 2 games to spare ,surely would be a first for us .Would be outstanding. 

Cmon the Rangers 

33 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Shambles that. 

Idiot who wrote it probably gets paid a good amount as well. Sickens me these people involved in Sky Sports/BT etc who are utterly clueless and make non stop errors, McManaman being one of the worst. 

McManaman was a great player but fuck me what an arrogant cunt with nothing to back it up punditry wise, he’s dreadful 

Jermain Jenas gets it raw but he clearly does his research and his improved tenfold since he started. McManaman just sits there casually spread out, totally unprofessional and just points out the obvious

Rangers_no1 likes this