Would crowds make a difference?

KeyserSoze

I’m thinking playing with no crowds is actually helping us.  Players seem completely comfortable and in control. We are a notorious support and every game we expect to win, filtering this down to the team on the park can sometimes make them overly cautious. I’ve seen it so often, nervousness creeping in and us struggling. 

it’s a hard one to call and I’ll give them it for this season but here’s hoping 50k bears demanding the same standards next year won’t affect them too much.  

However, what I would give to take my seat again- especially recently 😕

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I still think it’s crazy how differently we are performing now compared to that little window prior to lockdown when it almost looked like SG would get sacked, we were dropping points left, right and centre. 

now with pretty much the same team we look absolutely invincible. Absolutely staggering turn around, perhaps the players just couldn’t cope with the pressure during that period late February/March. 

There could be something in it.

1 minute ago, soulboy said:

Would you take not getting to a game this season if it meant 100% winning the league or getting back to games and taking our chances. 

stupid question 

10 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

I’m thinking playing with no crowds is actually helping us.  Players seem completely comfortable and in control.

I think so mate, and I think the absolute craving to get a title and stop the 10IAR movement from the other end made us even more expectational and nervous collectively in the stands.

You can see a world of difference on the park. Hopefully lifting 55 and having us back next year, we'll steam roll cunts for the foreseeable.

Just now, gazza27 said:

Fair enough. Would you not rather be in the stands than watching it on the tele? 

Willing to sit at home and watch us lift the title.

Fans being brought into the game is a massive variable change, and why would we want to change anything when things are going so well?

I do think its benefitting us.

The pressure we put on players isn't there. We see on TV the benefits of knocking the ball around and trying to draw our the opposition, but at games we'd be screaming against this tactical type of build up.

I also think communication has improved as players can hear each other and coaches easier.

I'd be happy to not get into Ibrox if it helps us get 55 this season. Then next season as champions normal service resumes and they better deliver the same with 50K of us giving it laldy 😁

Said it a while ago that crowds coming back is my biggest fear this season. I really don’t know if we have got over the pressure issue or not but I’m happy to stay away for now if it means 55. That said we have dealt with the pressure of making the scum pay for dropped points

Archived