Would crowds make a difference?

KeyserSoze

1 minute ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Tarriers are exactly the same so how have they managed to bring the likes of McGregor and Tierney through? 

Tierney came through at a time where they had no competition for the title, They could afford to lose five or six games a season and still pish the league.

McGregor spent a season out on loan and also came through when they were they only team in the division capable of winning the title.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, The Dude said:

Tierney came through at a time where they had no competition for the title, They could afford to lose five or six games a season and still pish the league.

McGregor spent a season out on loan and also came through when they were they only team in the division capable of winning the title.

Still decent players. 

5 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Still decent players. 

Absolutely. Much easier to bring them through when you're several levels above everyone else around you. Had we been in the league at the time, they might never have got the chance consistently. If you don't believe me, how many have they had come through since we returned to the Premiership?

4 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Absolutely. Much easier to bring them through when you're several levels above everyone else around you. Had we been in the league at the time, they might never have got the chance consistently. If you don't believe me, how many have they had come through since we returned to the Premiership?

I get your point but I just don't buy into the whole we can't bring youth through because of hassle from the crowd, it's always been there. 

The fans deserve to be back if this lead is maintained until the latter stages of the season. 

I’d be delighted if we won it with no fans but honestly I’d give anything to be in my seat watching Neil Doncaster walk out wae the trophy and watch Tavernier lift it over his head as part of a glorious treble

5 hours ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

I get your point but I just don't buy into the whole we can't bring youth through because of hassle from the crowd, it's always been there. 

Agree.

5 hours ago, The Dude said:

Both different points but I agree with them both.

Im Not buying the excuse no fans have helped because our fans without doubt are up there as the best in the world for atmosphere alongside the fenians, but I would like to to think going forward when fans enter the stadium to give the team more of a chance with our build up instead off shouting at it. Our game plan is perfect just now, calm build up and it reaps rewards. 

7 minutes ago, LewisWATP said:

Im Not buying the excuse no fans have helped because our fans without doubt are up there as the best in the world for atmosphere alongside the fenians, but I would like to to think going forward when fans enter the stadium to give the team more of a chance with our build up instead off shouting at it. Our game plan is perfect just now, calm build up and it reaps rewards. 

When Ibrox is properly rocking, absolutely.

Most league games, it's nowhere close. We're constantly told that without the UB there'd be no atmosphere

Just now, The Dude said:

When Ibrox is properly rocking, absolutely.

Most league games, it's nowhere close. We're constantly told that without the UB there'd be no atmosphere

I can’t argue against that I guess, I sit behind the UB so maybe that’s why. My old man is off the opinion that it’s nowhere near as loud as it used to be so yeah your probably right. Still better than anywhere else in the UK though I’d say. 

1 minute ago, LewisWATP said:

I can’t argue against that I guess, I sit behind the UB so maybe that’s why. My old man is off the opinion that it’s nowhere near as loud as it used to be so yeah your probably right. Still better than anywhere else in the UK though I’d say. 

Nowhere close and I'm only going back to the mid90s here. Guess it makes the big ones a wee bit more special though.

22 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

No the right thread for this but the month of January is giving me the fear even now. 

Rangers u are potentially only 12/16 weeks away from having one hand on the trophy please don't fuck it. 

January is gonna be so tense for the fans 

One game at a time. 

6 minutes ago, Bakbear said:

One game at a time. 

Absolutely but I can't help but be thinking ahead to January. Everyone that isn't one of us is waiting on the January collapse. Its the scar tissue left behind from the last 2 seasons. 

Can’t help but worry 😂😂😂

5 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Absolutely but I can't help but be thinking ahead to January. Everyone that isn't one of us is waiting on the January collapse. Its the scar tissue left behind from the last 2 seasons. 

Can’t help but worry 😂😂😂

There isn't a winter break this year and SG isn't daft. Absolutely no worries on this end mate.

59 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Can’t help but worry 😂😂😂

If you just think about the next game then the worries disappear. 

The club from top to bottom have this drilled into them. One game at a time. Every game a cup final. Every game as if it is the most important game of your life. You can see it, you can hear it and you can feel it. The mentality is spot on right now and as long as everyone at the club maintains that focus I don’t even think about January or beyond. 

Fuck January. 😂

And back in topic. I absolutely believe that crowds would make a difference. Wether that difference would be net positive or net negative is a really interesting debate. 

I have said often that I believe some of our players are questionable in the courage department. I think some of them struggle to cope with the demands of 50k fans “bearing” down on them. 

is it a coincidence that Tav is having his best run of form of his Rangers career? Is it coincidence that we have made almost no glaring errors that have led to goals?

Correlation is not always causation but it is very very apparent that we are playing with more confidence, swagger and courage than previous seasons and that is correlating to no fans in the ground ? We cannot prove if it is coincidence or not but I would not be in any hurry to have the fans back in the grounds while we continue this good run of form. And that might be the primary evidence 

would you want fans back In the ground at the risk of disrupting our form? 

Speaking of both the January run of tough games and no fans in the ground, I certainly don’t see the latter changing too much in time for those. 

While a few more very small test crowds might be allowed by then (depending on extent of the vaccine rollout), it’ll obviously largely be subdued/empty stadiums. And I think that plays to our advantage.

I fancy us strongly to go away to Hibs, Motherwell and the Sheep and get 3 points in each, especially with no fans and a well-rotated, hungry Rangers squad.

11 hours ago, KingKirk said:

Can’t help but worry 😂😂😂

We are a different team now we do not really rely on any one player even our bench is strong and still some players will get better Roofe and Itten, we have options now if players form starts to slip so are covered.

Long way to go yet but looking positive we will do something special this year. 

The crowds would only reqlly make a difference to us, for the players particularly at Ibrox I feel it would have a nervy effect of them especially if it was 0-0. Without having people moan and groan when things are tight the players make far less mistakes imo.

Archived