How Enjoyable We Are to Watch...

9 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Said in the matchday thread we had a few gears to spare today. 

Not our greatest performance, but by fuck we do look strong in every department and well organised 

Great spirit amongst the team and a great attitude. That mental toughness we lacked in previous seasons, is coming to the fore.

Seeing it was the sheep, I am a bit disappointed it was only the four.

:lol:

🤣🤣 nah you described it as too much tippy tappy pish in the match thread ya clueless mongo

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Right now there is an extra layer of anxiety about our games.  Often you'll hear 'just get the win Rangers' due to the extreme circumstances of needing to win the League. But, if you strip t

The management team have took the shackles off. Kilmarnock away and today we’ve started with Jack sitting and Arfield and Aribo supporting front three. Last season that would have been Davis

Best football at Rangers since Dick Advocaat - and long may it continue.

9 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

I think this is a big factor, we were too negative in games last season and the midfield balance was off. Pretty sure those 3 have not played together domestically this season?

Another factor is that Ojo, Stewart, Polster, Flanagan, Edmundson, Halliday, Jones and Kamberi had 31 starts between them last season and many other appearances. This season we dont have players not good enough bar maybe Barker getting minutes.

I said it last year, we would go to Porto and play the same midfield 3 as at home to say a Ross County or Livingston.

It should be horses for courses and the squad management this year has been superb.

Proper competition for places and we’re seeing the benefits.

Fred H Crawford and SIRB_72 like this
1 hour ago, STEPPS BOY said:

The management team have took the shackles off.

Kilmarnock away and today we’ve started with Jack sitting and Arfield and Aribo supporting front three.

Last season that would have been Davis, Kamara and Jack.

Parkhead as well - with Arfield playing in the midfield.

Think Livingston was the final straw for them when we were fairly passive with Jack & Kamara in there 

8 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

I said it last year, we would go to Porto and play the same midfield 3 as at home to say a Ross County or Livingston.

It should be horses for courses and the squad management this year has been superb.

Proper competition for places and we’re seeing the benefits.

This has been important as well especially when you consider the resurgence of Davis and Arfield. I don't think either has started 3 games in a week this season and if they have it wont have been more than once.

As you said smart squad management and rotation has helped us overall but it has helped those two in particular!

1 minute ago, SIRB_72 said:

This has been important as well especially when you consider the resurgence of Davis and Arfield. I don't think either has started 3 games in a week this season and if they have it wont have been more than once.

As you said smart squad management and rotation has helped us overall but it has helped those two in particular!

Davis and Kamara will start on Thursday. I actually think it will be Davis, Jack and Kamara in midfield and i have no issue with that after seeing how good they were over there.

The No.9, SIRB_72 and hammer93 like this

It’s like watching the Barcelona/Spain teams from 2008-12.

Such a joy and getting the results. After the final whistle now I’m just so impatient for our next game.

Been critical of Gerrard but he’s certainly won me over. Obviously it takes time to put your stamp and philosophy on things for it to work.

Anywhere else in the world you would get the time because other teams actually win things than just your main rivals.

Credit has to go to the board and the fans for being patient and allow Gerrard to show what a great coach he is.

1 hour ago, Rfc52 said:

Imho I don't think we were that great today.

Which should scare the life out of the reat of the league we are making this look far too easy.

I don't think domestically weve got higher than 3rd gear this season. We played better in spells last year imo, but there's now a steel about this side and they are basically just steamrollering teams and barely conceding a chance never mind goals.

Some of the football we play in patches and the goals we score are incredible 

I agree m8....I thought we made a lot of errors at the back (Balogun) and took some unwarranted risks....up top we should have scored more....to win 4-0 is frightening for the rest as we are better than todays showing 

13 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Davis and Kamara will start on Thursday. I actually think it will be Davis, Jack and Kamara in midfield and i have no issue with that after seeing how good they were over there.

There's definetely a time for the 2 or 3 more conservative midfielders in there. Benfica would definetely count!

30 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I thought he already had. Was that not him? 👀

This is some of the best football we've playedconsistently for a long, long time. Arguably since Advocaat team were at their pomp.

When you consider some of the changes Gerrard is making regulalry, it's even more remarkable. Changing keepers regularly, chopping and changing Balogun and Helander, never having a consistent midfield or front three starting week in and week out. 

Be interesting to see how the react to a domestic defeat but far more confident that they won't shit the bed in the same way previous sides have after a dip in form. 

This rotation is positive as it keeps the players wanting to give that bit more so they stay in the first 11, so they’re constantly pushing each other to improve. Been mentioned earlier but we’ve not even come out of 3rd gear yet and we’re just giving teams a doing, have complete faith in this team to hit top gear if required