How Enjoyable We Are to Watch...

Clemdog

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So far we've been brilliant. January is where it shows what we are made of imo. We play the unwashed and then 3 massive away games - Aberdeen, Motherwell and Hibs. Win vs celt and another 2 out of 3 in those away games, and we are there. 

We are good on the eye just now. One thing that we have done particularly well is return from international breaks. Last season the international breaks fucked us and we lost momentum. Today it looked as though there was no gap between the Hamilton and sheep game. Seems to be a shift in mentality which is good. 

Absolutely imperative to realise how early the season is though. Our Dec/Jan looks a tough period.

All the little wins are adding up now. Kilmarnock away was a big one, today as we’ve beat them twice in 5 under Gerrard at Ibrox, winning 7 on the bounce now as well. 

If that defence continues the way its going we’re looking at 25+ clean sheets in the league, that isn’t just title winning form it’s the basis of success across all competitions. 

lets just be honest. no one is laughing at Rangers now. They are scared and they are bitter when they play us and when they think about us.

The team has stepped up somuch. Last season morelos was our best player and now he is probably not in anyone top 5 right now. Not just one player has raised his game to help out the team. they all have.

like someone said its so important the young ones see a Rangers team of high quality.

Ok we can’t attend the matches but.....

In recent years 50000 of us turned up week in week out even though we were shit because we were staunch as fuck.  It certainly wasn’t pretty to watch and sometimes downright ugly.

45000 of us have renewed our STs putting money into the coffers so that we can finance a drive to secure 55.

Those season tickets are gold.  Hopefully we will all get back maybe in April to watch the climax to the season.

Add in all those Bears who couldn’t commit to STs or can’t afford to attend every week, and all those who stopped attending for various reasons together with those that watch us on TV and feel that they fancy being part of the Rangers revival. 

We could pull in 60, 70, 80000 every week playing like this.

This is only the start, it is only going to get better.

just had a look at our upcoming league fixtures - Ross Co. (A) Dundee U (A) Motherwell (H) St J (A) Hibs (H) St Mirren (A) and then Celtic at home.

Looking at that, the only fixture im concerned about is Hibs. But we are at home so hopefully thats a factor. We could literally go into the next OF on 59pts from 21 games, while their fixtures are equally as easy looking (hopefully Kilmarnock play as well as previous and grab a draw again) so potentially 43 points (albeit with their games in hand)

potentially a 16 point gap, and a home tie for us in the next OF... win those next games and the next OF and its one hand on the trophy IMO. Feels good to not even be worried about diddy teams anymore. Keep racking up the goals against them to make sure our goal difference is monumental between us and them too, one less thing to potentially worry about.

16 hours ago, Malkytfp1 said:

We are good on the eye just now. One thing that we have done particularly well is return from international breaks. Last season the international breaks fucked us and we lost momentum. Today it looked as though there was no gap between the Hamilton and sheep game. Seems to be a shift in mentality which is good. 

Absolutely imperative to realise how early the season is though. Our Dec/Jan looks a tough period.

lot of games yes, but I think if we manage to pull off a result against benfica tonight, we are as good as qualified are we not? So we can relax some of the key players (Barasic for Bassey for example, Zungu if available for Aribo/Kamara etc) as I honestly think we are quite fortunate in our league games right up until Boxing day. Thats the only league fixture I think we might drop points at - hopefully the team prove me wrong.

7 minutes ago, stevemac said:

just had a look at our upcoming league fixtures - Ross Co. (A) Dundee U (A) Motherwell (H) St J (A) Hibs (H) St Mirren (A) and then Celtic at home.

Looking at that, the only fixture im concerned about is Hibs. But we are at home so hopefully thats a factor. We could literally go into the next OF on 59pts from 21 games, while their fixtures are equally as easy looking (hopefully Kilmarnock play as well as previous and grab a draw again) so potentially 43 points (albeit with their games in hand)

potentially a 16 point gap, and a home tie for us in the next OF... win those next games and the next OF and its one hand on the trophy IMO. Feels good to not even be worried about diddy teams anymore. Keep racking up the goals against them to make sure our goal difference is monumental between us and them too, one less thing to potentially worry about.

Lets not get complacent. Nobody celebrates until its numerically impossible

14 minutes ago, Raligt said:

Lets not get complacent. Nobody celebrates until its numerically impossible

Absolutely. Its just the first time in years ive looked at upcoming fixtures and genuinely thought theres no issues there. Not celebrating until we are presented the trophy.

10 hours ago, kelvd1873 said:

And just think how good we could be if Morelos finds form. I know he’s doing things differently at the request of the manager at the moment but if we get alfie firing again no one is stopping us imo. 

His forms fine mate. We just have a system now that doesn't mean we need him to score weekly to carry us through games. We were far too reliant on him and the whole team overall wasn't playing to their maximum as a result.

He still scores. 

But his play and style is central to our success and the way we set up. He's a very clever player, people just don't notice it because he's wee and huffy. He knows where every single Rangers player around him is on the pitch without even having to look. His lay-off's, touches and one-two's are really good and it brings others right into play.

17 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

His forms fine mate. We just have a system now that doesn't mean we need him to score weekly to carry us through games. We were far too reliant on him and the whole team overall wasn't playing to their maximum as a result.

He still scores. 

But his play and style is central to our success and the way we set up. He's a very clever player, people just don't notice it because he's wee and huffy. He knows where every single Rangers player around him is on the pitch without even having to look. His lay-off's, touches and one-two's are really good and it brings others right into play.

A few in the Morelos thread could learn a thing or two from this post, unfortunately they won’t 😆

2 hours ago, stevemac said:

lot of games yes, but I think if we manage to pull off a result against benfica tonight, we are as good as qualified are we not? So we can relax some of the key players (Barasic for Bassey for example, Zungu if available for Aribo/Kamara etc) as I honestly think we are quite fortunate in our league games right up until Boxing day. Thats the only league fixture I think we might drop points at - hopefully the team prove me wrong.

I would take a draw against Benfica. The euro game worrying me is Lech Poznan away. They were very handy and we struggled. Standard at home is tough too.

I agree with the OP totally, it’s worth remembering that things can easily change, so we just need to be consistent and keep going. Just as an example, these were two threads made just after we drew with Hibs, only a couple of months ago:

I’m not criticising the OPs of either of these threads btw (though I did strongly disagree with the latter thread at the time), as emotions can be raw after poor results and concerns about our mentality were pretty reasonable at the time. It just goes to show however how quickly things can change, for better or for worse.

I think it’s best to be level-headed and cautiously optimistic about how we’re doing, and to not take things for granted. I’ve certainly been guilty of getting ahead of myself at times, but we’ve been playing so well on the pitch that it’s difficult not to be. As Gerrard himself says though, we should be humble until we’ve actually won the trophies.

4 minutes ago, Bronzy said:

I agree with the OP totally, it’s worth remembering that things can easily change, so we just need to be consistent and keep going. Just as an example, these were two threads made just after we drew with Hibs, only a couple of months ago:

I’m not criticising the OPs of either of these threads btw (though I did strongly disagree with the latter thread at the time), as emotions can be raw after poor results and concerns about our mentality were pretty reasonable at the time. It just goes to show however how quickly things can change, for better or for worse.

I think it’s best to be level-headed and cautiously optimistic about how we’re doing, and to not take things for granted. I’ve certainly been guilty of getting ahead of myself at times, but we’ve been playing so well on the pitch that it’s difficult not to be. As Gerrard himself says though, we should be humble until we’ve actually won the trophies.

You’ve far too much time on your hands 

regards my thread (I didn’t agree with the GVB one myself) was at that moment, at that time, it was a couple of weeks after the Livingston 0-0 result and it genuinely looked like our season was going down the pan and we hadn’t learned a thing. 

We’ve been on an amazing run since then and only drew away to Benfica literally winning every single other match

that doesn’t make the criticism wrong at that point in time, it means we corrected the issues pretty sharp, learned and done something about it. 

the biggest optimist in the world would never have seen what we’d do next 

where I will meet you half way is that if anyone does a false dawn it’s us. We are approaching the half way point and there’s a lot of football left in it. If Celtic get their act together and win the next 2 old firm games then it’s back to questions about our bottle and mentality again. 

if heaven forbid that happens, then maybe link my thread again in the case as it will be much more relevant than it is doing it now 

9 hours ago, British_Empire said:

You’ve far too much time on your hands 

regards my thread (I didn’t agree with the GVB one myself) was at that moment, at that time, it was a couple of weeks after the Livingston 0-0 result and it genuinely looked like our season was going down the pan and we hadn’t learned a thing. 

We’ve been on an amazing run since then and only drew away to Benfica literally winning every single other match

that doesn’t make the criticism wrong at that point in time, it means we corrected the issues pretty sharp, learned and done something about it. 

the biggest optimist in the world would never have seen what we’d do next 

where I will meet you half way is that if anyone does a false dawn it’s us. We are approaching the half way point and there’s a lot of football left in it. If Celtic get their act together and win the next 2 old firm games then it’s back to questions about our bottle and mentality again. 

if heaven forbid that happens, then maybe link my thread again in the case as it will be much more relevant than it is doing it now 

That’s what I’m saying though, your concerns were reasonable at the time – the point being that things have since been turned around massively in a way almost no-one expected.

Archived