Tactical Loans

Ger_onimo

7 minutes ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

Nice one. Cheers šŸ‘

Can see him wanting to go to another club if he still doesn't get games with us this year. I don't know why Gerrard doesn't play him. He seems like he would be a good impact sub at us at least,Ā  so it must be an attitude problem or just a personality clash with Gerrard for the reason he doesn't get any game time with us.Ā 

I reckon he could've gotten us a 9th goal against Hamilton a couple of weeks back. With the 5 sub rule we have this year, we really could be getting our youngsters game time when we have sealed a win by the 60th minute.Ā 

He's in direct competition with Kent, Barker and Jones. Gerrard paid 7m for Kent and signed Barker so Glenn's gone down the pecking order a bit. From everything I've seen of Glenn and folk I've spoken to about him, there's never been any suggestion his attitude has been even a slight problem.

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

He's in direct competition with Kent, Barker and Jones. Gerrard paid 7m for Kent and signed Barker so Glenn's gone down the pecking order a bit. From everything I've seen of Glenn and folk I've spoken to about him, there's never been any suggestion his attitude has been even a slight problem.

Why is he not getting ANYWHERE near the team then? Jones is out the way for a while at least now. Plus I would say he could be as good as Jones and Barker anyway...

28 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Nisbet and Doidge are better players than he is too. If he went to Hibs he would be a glorified squad player. At least at Kilmarnock he would play and it would with players and in a system that he is familiar with.

Donā€™t think heā€™d go to back toĀ Kilmarnock tbh.

IIRC he opted for the sheep instead of them because of the plastic pitch.

Just now, Redwhiteandblue said:

Why is he not getting ANYWHERE near the team then? Jones is out the way for a while at least now. Plus I would say he could be as good as Jones and Barker anyway...

Gerrard, like every other manager, has his preferred players. Glenn's not even 21 yet though so he's got plenty time ahead of him. I agree hes be just as good as either (he posted very similar numbers to Kent in Gerrard's first season). Its my one real gripe about Gerrard. He talks up our young players so much but barely gives them a sniff.

McPake, Kelly, Kennedy, Middleton, Ross McCrorie, Rudden, Barjonas have all been the next big thing according to Gerrard before being bombed out for dross like Grezda, Jones etc

Imo it's pretty ridiculous that loans are allowed within the same division, so that you can strengthen teams against your rivals and weaken them v yourself. Anti fair competition and tends to benefit the wealthier clubs more, entrenching their superiority that bit more.

However, if sellic used it to their advantage whilst they were the strongest squad, we should use it now. Ā 

5 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Imo it's pretty ridiculous that loans are allowed within the same division, so that you can strengthen teams against your rivals and weaken them v yourself. Anti fair competition and tends to benefit the wealthier clubs more, entrenching their superiority that bit more.

However, if sellic used it to their advantage whilst they were the strongest squad, we should use it now. Ā 

Am I right in thinking you werenā€™t allowed to do it in the English Premiership at one point? I could have made that up šŸ˜‚Ā 

1 minute ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Am I right in thinking you werenā€™t allowed to do it in the English Premiership at one point? I could have made that up šŸ˜‚Ā 

I think the rules always been in place.

I watched the Premiership YearsĀ yesterday and Newcastle let Lua Lua play against them for Portsmouth. He scored and done the celebration šŸ˜‚Ā 

6 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Dunno mate. Doesn't ring a bell, but my memory's rancid.

10 minutes ago, G.E.C. said:

I think the rules always been in place.

I watched the Premiership YearsĀ yesterday and Newcastle let Lua Lua play against them for Portsmouth. He scored and done the celebration šŸ˜‚Ā 

Just found this on FourFourTwo, seems that yes you couldnā€™t loan players within divisions in England until 2003.

C494E84E-BB74-4413-9B5B-E5AC82D28362.jpeg

Archived