Tavernier

Davy Vandenbroucke

4 hours ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Remember @Jimbeamjunior said Flanagan was better?

Remember tav costing us points at tynecastle and in switzerland within the space of a week, mind he basically shat it before hamilton at home

Lets no kid ourselves on, he's absolutely on fire the now, and its a major part of us the now, but he and others have still to prove they can handle the pressure when it matters, 

We can enjoy what we have the now, or i suppose i could spend all night looking for the posts of members that claimed arfield should be sold, released or retired, when it was clear that he still had so much to offer

And tbh i think id rather no do that cause its a bollocks way to spend a night

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Rangers_no1 said:

I was just messing about mate.

Everyone of us have got it completely wrong often on here. We all prefer to be proved wrong and that players/managers perform well regularly. 👍

We didn't get it wrong. He used to be not very good. Now he is amazingly good. 

2 hours ago, Laudrup1984 said:

He’s genuinely one of the most physically fit players I think I’ve ever seen play for us. It’s not just the number of games that he plays, but it’s also the style of player that he is. You would think somebody that dynamic would tire and need a rest but the guy is a machine.

2 hours ago, Swally said:

That's mental, makes you wonder how someone can be so fit all the time yet someone like Barker struggles. 

Some players are just unfortunate that they are prone to certain injuries, regardless of how fit they may be.  

I would like to see how many 50-50 balls Tav wins out of ten, at least 8 maybe 9 from what I see. Like a man possessed. Seems to be everywhere at times. Positioning is very consistent, instinctively accurate. Doesn't let players past him on the wing often, makes a lot of blocks. When going forward he is fast, confident and changes direction well, very accurate when passing inside. Decision making between beating players and making a pass seems well balanced. Positioning out wide in the final third is very good, often receives the ball out there. Obviously, his crosses are excellent in general.

I'm not sure how vocal Tav is, I've not noticed him screaming at players or anything but his work rate and desire are worthy of the captaincy, setting a great example. Overall very often involved in build up play and goals - he has the most goals and most assists at the club this season. Nothing less than perfect at penalties (this season). Seems to me each penalty isn't just efficient but a peach. I always think "is this the one he'll miss" but he's not having it. Must have some focus right enough.

Interviews are more interesting (not saying he's The Rock or anything), has more to say now, I can get behind and believe what he is saying. Overall our most valuable player, best contributor and now I can say a great captain. Some will say he's not a great captain until he lifts the league trophy, but he's certainly doing all the right things at the moment.

Right now he's the man.

12 minutes ago, RockwellGers said:

I would like to see how many 50-50 balls Tav wins out of ten, at least 8 maybe 9 from what I see. Like a man possessed. Seems to be everywhere at times. Positioning is very consistent, instinctively accurate. Doesn't let players past him on the wing often, makes a lot of blocks. When going forward he is fast, confident and changes direction well, very accurate when passing inside. Decision making between beating players and making a pass seems well balanced. Positioning out wide in the final third is very good, often receives the ball out there. Obviously, his crosses are excellent in general.

I'm not sure how vocal Tav is, I've not noticed him screaming at players or anything but his work rate and desire are worthy of the captaincy, setting a great example. Overall very often involved in build up play and goals - he has the most goals and most assists at the club this season. Nothing less than perfect at penalties (this season). Seems to me each penalty isn't just efficient but a peach. I always think "is this the one he'll miss" but he's not having it. Must have some focus right enough.

Interviews are more interesting (not saying he's The Rock or anything), has more to say now, I can get behind and believe what he is saying. Overall our most valuable player, best contributor and now I can say a great captain. Some will say he's not a great captain until he lifts the league trophy, but he's certainly doing all the right things at the moment.

Right now he's the man.

Good post mate:tu:

45 minutes ago, RockwellGers said:

Right now he's the man.

Very good post.

I've heard that said quite often. I tend to watch games back a few times, especially this season as I like to see and hear it with the crowd interaction turned off which you can't often do live. (sad bastard)

I've noticed him being very vocal this season. Seen him screaming at players for not stopping crosses and for positioning. Even heard him in the game against Liege having a right go at Goldson and telling him to listen.

Seemshe cares a lot about conceding goals this season as much as he cares about attacking stats. Seen him gee'n players up when the game is buried also. Never takes his foot off the gas no matter the score.

I've always stood by him and I'm glad he is playing so well just now. It's the one player/position I worry we can't cover through injury. Really would like to see young Patterson coming on for him in games like Hamilton where it's dead and buried as the guy has genuinely never had a rest, albeit unaffected.

14 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Very good post.

I've heard that said quite often. I tend to watch games back a few times, especially this season as I like to see and hear it with the crowd interaction turned off which you can't often do live. (sad bastard)

I've noticed him being very vocal this season. Seen him screaming at players for not stopping crosses and for positioning. Even heard him in the game against Liege having a right go at Goldson and telling him to listen.

Seemshe cares a lot about conceding goals this season as much as he cares about attacking stats. Seen him gee'n players up when the game is buried also. Never takes his foot off the gas no matter the score.

I've always stood by him and I'm glad he is playing so well just now. It's the one player/position I worry we can't cover through injury. Really would like to see young Patterson coming on for him in games like Hamilton where it's dead and buried as the guy has genuinely never had a rest, albeit unaffected.

Another top post.

9 hours ago, RockwellGers said:

Right now he's the man.

The benefits of SG showing faith in him combined with the reality that he's in his best years of football. He has the chance to lift trophies for us which is something the majority of footballers never get to experience at the professional level. And that's before you consider the sheer significance of a league win for us given the last decade so the lad has all the impetus he needs. For a lad who has endured questions about his bottle, he's been cold as ice from the penalty spot this season (8-0). Meanwhile last year he was 2-3. As you say, we'll see how the season winds up, but all he can do is keep ticking the performances off.

Archived