Willie Johnston

VanVeenRangers

45 minutes ago, Ivybank said:

Best crosser of a ball I’ve ever seen

BTW were you at Muirton for his penalty hat trick?  Used to like going there as you could get a few beers in the town centre without any bother.  Some difficult games though as John Brogan and Henry Hall could ruin your day.

1 hour ago, JCDBigBear said:

BTW were you at Muirton for his penalty hat trick?  Used to like going there as you could get a few beers in the town centre without any bother.  Some difficult games though as John Brogan and Henry Hall could ruin your day.

Been in Perth once after a game at Aberdeen . Someone kindly welcomed me with a glass to the face. Fortunately it was the heavy dimpled type and didn’t break or connect properly so not much damage done. We had to collet some of the bus from the local hospital on the way home.

Those were the days 😂

2 hours ago, JCDBigBear said:

No I’m not as old as you👁😀👍

Before covid I would normally see him in the pub bogarts in kirkcaldy drinking his half pints. Hes always fairly quiet but a few years ago met him in the pub after my grans funeral, he knew I was awe of him so he was over talking away putting a smile on me. As many have said already, what a great man.

5 hours ago, JCDBigBear said:

He once scored a hat trick of penalties against St Johnstone at old Muirton Park.  

Remember it well enough. Loved days out at those wee old grounds like Muirton, Somerset,East End,Tyncastle,Easter Road, etc. Fantastic atmosphere and you prayed some BIG cunt wouldn't stand right in front of you before kick off. 

Johnston was a speed merchant due to the fact he went sprint training at Powderhall race track in Edinburgh. Loved the wee man.

Archived