5-4-3-2-1

BlueSuedeSambas

7 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Certainly is.

Was just about to quote you and ask who Martin was. Until I realised, must have tried to blank that one from memory. :lol:

An absolute stand up guy but Jesus Christ. To be fair though it was madness to sign a player who played RB for most of his career and play him as a left sided CB :lol: 

Think he would probably have been alright with someone like McGregor behind him.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
47 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

5 worst signings

Grezda, Pena, O’Halloran, Dalcio, Alves

4 best signings

Tav, Barasic, Morelos, Arfield 

3 players who you feel left too soon

Candeias, Murphy, McCrorie, 

2 past legends who you would like in the current team

Barry Ferguson, Dado Prso

1 future signing

Ferguson

Tav was signed before we got promoted to Premier league.

5. Grezda, Herrera, Pena, Barton, Senderos

4. McGregor, Morelos, Jack, Kamara

3. Gilmour, McCrorie, Windass (not a huge fan of him but still would be a better option than Stewart, Barker etc)

2. Laudrup, Souness

1. Complete fantasy stuff but maybe Fleck in a couple of years

1 hour ago, DBBTB said:

Heard this as a feature on a podcast about Man Utd and how they have done since Ferguson left that I was listening to the other day and thought it would be a good conversation stater on here.

How it works is you take a time period and you state what you think are your clubs

5 worst signings

4 best signings

3 players who you feel left too soon

2 past legends who you would like in the current team

1 future signing

Because Gerrard has only been here for two and a half years I extended it to be from when we got promoted back to the SPFL in 2016 until now.

My list would be as follows:

5 worst signings

Barton, Pena, Grezda, Herrera, Senderos

4 best signings

Morelos, McGregor, Barisic, Kamara

3 who left too soon (this is the hardest one because I don’t think we really miss any players who we have sold in recent years).

McKay, Waghorn, Windass

2 past legends who you would like to see in the current side

Laudrup, Bougherra

1 future signing

Optimistic as hell but I think Harry Wilson is exactly what we need on the right hand side of our front three. 

Good idea. I'd take the same sample period as you too. So since promotion back to the top flight in 2016.

5- Grezda, Garner, Pena, Cardoso & Hererra - don't get me wrong, I've seen worse players than most of them at us but it's the fact that we spent a considerable amount of money, combined for them (compared to some other names I could have mentioned). 
4- Morelos, Barisic, Kamara, Aribo & Arfield (feel bad leaving Goldson and Helander out, but from a value point of view those guys edge it - we paid next to nothing for them compared to 3-million for Goldson, 3.5-million for Helander and even 7-million for Kent - you'd expect to get good players for those fees if we're honest).
3- Waghorn, Jamie Murphy and Ross McCrorie (I think Murphy should still be at us playing ahead of the games Barker does and I've a feeling McCrorie will be a big player soon for Aberdeen).
2- Laudrup (if we had another really good winger that gives us what Kent gives us, but on the other side, we'd be even better than we are just now) & Gascoigne (no reasons needed).
1- I've no idea tbh. I'll come back to this one. What I know about footballers, outside of us and the environment we play in is horrendously bad. I couldn't tell you who's good, bad, got potential or whatever (and within our budgets).

5. Barton, Gredza, Herrera, Sandaza, Sadiq.

4. Barasic, Goldson, Morelos, Kent. 

(Aribo by the time he's finished imo)

3. Waghorn, Candeias, Windass.

2. Mark Hateley, Laudrup.

Honestly Albertz or Gio would be just as good but Hateley would have a field day having Tav and Barasic cross it in and its just too hard to ignore Laudrup's overall talent.

1.  Kasper Dolberg.

I always fancied seeing him play for the Gers but he seemed to be going onto bigger things at the time but hasn't quite got there after all so who knows ill say him anyway even is its not realistic lol.

Good thread mate. :tu:

5 - Pena; Senderos; Rossiter; Grezda & Barton

4 - Morelos; Barisic; McGregor & Kamara

3 - Gilmour; Candeias & McKay

2 - Gough & Gascoigne

1 - Wilson 

Reflecting I actually think Pedro was our worst signing as he accounts for a huge amount of wasted money. I also think Aribo will work out to be one of our best signings. I also wasn't too bothered on anybody coming back.

6 minutes ago, The No.9 said:

5. Barton, Gredza, Herrera, Sandaza, Sadiq.

4. Barasic, Goldson, Morelos, Kent. 

(Aribo by the time he's finished imo)

3. Waghorn, Candeias, Windass.

2. Mark Hateley, Laudrup.

Honestly Albertz or Gio would be just as good but Hateley would have a field day having Tav and Barasic cross it in and its just too hard to ignore Laudrup's overall talent.

1.  Kasper Dolberg.

I always fancied seeing him play for the Gers but he seemed to be going onto bigger things at the time but hasn't quite got there after all so who knows ill say him anyway even is its not realistic lol.

Sandaza left long before we came back into the premier league.   Hateley is a great shout for returning hero.

2 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

Sure he was a pish wee player, but it's not like he was a regular (think he played twice) and didn't cost a penny/a high wage earner.

He's no gonna be mentioned next to the likes of Pena.

Only game I remember is the Motherwell semi final, came on and Alnwick just kept playing high balls for him to challenge for. Depressing as fuck

Just now, ForeverAndEver said:

Only game I remember is the Motherwell semi final, came on and Alnwick just kept playing high balls for him to challenge for. Depressing as fuck

That's one of the games. I think he may have came on at Ibrox too. But could be wrong. I just had it in my mind he made an Ibrox cameo too.

Just now, British_Empire said:

That's one of the games. I think he may have came on at Ibrox too. But could be wrong. I just had it in my mind he made an Ibrox cameo too.

Just reminded me there, seen a picture of him against Tierney a few days ago on Twitter at Ibrox. Had to look at the replies to see who it was

Archived