5-4-3-2-1

BlueSuedeSambas

3 hours ago, The Dude said:

If only we had a senior member of staff who went to Cardinal Heenan Catholic High School... 

He only went as it was the best school in the area for football at the time. Its been explained in a number of interviews over the years, even when it wasn't really an issue during his playing career. He would have gone to any school if it had a better sporting reputation.

'Although not a Catholic and living outside the catchment area, Gerrard attended Cardinal Heenan Catholic High School upon the recommendation of his primary school teacher, whose husband was a PE teacher there, due to its superior football reputation over more local schools.[5][6]'

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
57 minutes ago, RFC Eagle said:

He only went as it was the best school in the area for football at the time. Its been explained in a number of interviews over the years, even when it wasn't really an issue during his playing career. He would have gone to any school if it had a better sporting reputation.

'Although not a Catholic and living outside the catchment area, Gerrard attended Cardinal Heenan Catholic High School upon the recommendation of his primary school teacher, whose husband was a PE teacher there, due to its superior football reputation over more local schools.[5][6]'

Anyone asked Campbell why he went to the school he did? Or does it really no matter a fuck?

44 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Anyone asked Campbell why he went to the school he did? Or does it really no matter a fuck?

The situation is different in England, but you, surely, would know that. Maybe you should have made the point above in the original response. I know a few Rangers fans who went to Catholic schools (not through choice) so fully aware thanks.

Of course it doesnt/shouldn't matter as long as they want to play for us. Yours was hardly the best response to the issue as its easily shot down. 

Anyone, Everyone.

1 minute ago, RFC Eagle said:

The situation is different in England, but you, surely, would know that. Maybe you should have made the point above in the original response. I know a few Rangers fans who went to Catholic schools (not through choice) so fully aware thanks.

Of course it doesnt/shouldn't matter as long as they want to play for us. Yours was hardly the best response to the issue as its easily shot down. 

Anyone, Everyone.

So you don't know why Campbell went to an RC school. Cheers. Could be any number of reasons.

One person going to an RC school is good but another is bad? I couldn't care less if they went to an RC school in Glasgow, Liverpool or anywhere else. I know some Rangers fans who DID go to RC schools through choice.

Anyone, Everyone indeed.

5 worst signings

Grezda, Pena, Herrera, Senderos, Flanagan

4 best signings

Morelos, Barisic, Kamara, Mcgregor

3 who left too soon.

McKay, Garner, Barton

2 past legends who you would like to see in the current side

Boyd, Lovenkrands

1 future signing

Lundstram

20 hours ago, demise said:

5 worst signings

Grezda, Pena, Herrera, Senderos, Flanagan

4 best signings

Morelos, Barisic, Kamara, Mcgregor

3 who left too soon.

McKay, Garner, Barton

Boyd, Lovenkrands

1 future signing

Lundstram

Incredibly harsh given some of the other shite we've had in that period.

7 hours ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Incredibly harsh given some of the other shite we've had in that period.

I wouldn’t put him top 5 worst but he was horrendous 

Him playing against Hearts at right back was pretty much was the start of our downfall last year, Polster or Patterson should’ve started that game all day long 

Seem to remember him having a nightmare against Spartak away as well and us conceding because he was incapable of clearing the ball with his left foot despite playing at left back 

5 worst signings

Pena, Herrera, Russell Martin, Senderos, O'Halloran

4 best signings

Morelos, Davis, Barisic, McGregor

3 who left too soon.

McCrorie, McKay, Gilmour (I'd also like to add Ejaria :hiding:)

Prime Kenny Miller, Bougherra

1 future signing

Ideally, someone to cover Kent or better cover for Tav

7 minutes ago, philiprfc said:

btw, I can't believe how many people picked Grezda for worst signing list. Disappointment for sure, but I don't think he was as bad as many others.

Really? I think he’s 100% the worst. Barely played, cost a decent amount of money and was a dick to make it worse. 

Archived