Maradona Dead

esquire8

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

You are like a wee sweetie wife. 

As for Maradona, it's sad news but he wasn't the best player ever (he was close) and his lifestyle tainted his legacy. There is an argument as to whether he is the best Argentinian player ever.

Pele was hands down the best player to ever play the beautiful game.

Imo of course.

Added to it for me, 

El Diego is great, he was an absolute monster of a personality I like the fact he was a bit raj personally. 

He is a far more iconic character than either Messi or Ronaldo could wish to be, a BioPic etc for instance about Messi would be utterly pish. As it would about Pele, an absolute dull cunt

Sad news but was always one that you thought wouldn’t reach old age.  An absolute genius on the park and very few players carried an international team to success like him. Pele played in great Brazilian teams, Maradona’a 86 team was bang average outside him but he was unplayable that tournament. 
RIP ya head case. 

27 minutes ago, hawkfalcons said:

GOAT imo seen him dismantle scotland at hampden in 79 Argentina won 3-1 but could have scored more, they and Maradona were clapped off the park.  Still got the programme and match ticket 

Was his first International goal against Scotland, (well for the senior side)

Out with Rangers players, he will always be my favourite player of all time

RIP   El Pibe de Oro 

18 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

As for Maradona, it's sad news but he wasn't the best player ever (he was close) and his lifestyle tainted his legacy. There is an argument as to whether he is the best Argentinian player ever.

Imo of course.

Maybe outside of Argentina.

31 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Imo of course.

When you are of a certain age you have seen some of the greats play. I am old enough to have watched Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Messi , Ronaldo (both versions) Best etc.

Tbh I find it hard to think any of them are “hands down” the greatest ever. Like yourself I tend to think of Pele as the top man but wouldn’t really argue with Maradona or Messi.

3 hours ago, Negri's lovechild said:

The Queen, Prince Phillip and Clint Eastwood better be under lock and key for the rest of this year. 

Shite year.

Sadly just a matter of time for all mate 

Love our Queen and big Clint .Life is just a bummer at times .It hits hard ,when you least expect it .In so many ways .That is why ,we should always live for the day .Everyone of us 

Immortals like Maradona or nobodies like myself .Life is just too good not too 

Archived