Europa Group D: The Table

Virtuoso

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Rangers_no1 said:

The Liege winner has not changed much btw after us drawing.

If it stayed a draw we advanced with a draw against Liege(who would have been out btw) now Liege come knowing a win puts them back in it.

If we draw to Liege and Benfica win or draw to Poznan, we'll qualify next week. 

huge next week. 

3 minutes ago, southcoastbear said:

Cant see liege or poznan winning both their remaining games so effectively we are through surely.

I would say so mate 😉👍 needs to be 4 game winning swing by Poznan and Liege, can't see it happening. Think both us and Benfica qualify next week.

6 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Shouldn't get ahead of myself but looking at all the group positions theres not too much difference ATM in potential sides to draw as group winners or runners up.

Top finishers will likely include Roma, Arsenal, Napoli, Leicester, Lille, Villareal, Hoffenheim and Tottenham. Think finishing top will be a lot better imo

13 minutes ago, Broxi said:

Don't agree with that thought Benfica looked way better. And honestly they probably would have thumped us in Lisbon if they didn't go down to 10

Tbf, I missed the first game. Ko time threw me off. With Portugal being in the same time zone as us (except not having their clocks going back) I just assumed that it would be the usual 7.45pm ko. So I'm just basing what I said on tonight's game.  Galatasaray's players were fucking massive from what I remember. 

Anyway, we looked like we couldn't be fucked tonight. Sat VERY deep most of the game which was ok when we were 2-0 up and every shot they had went miles wide. 

Those 2 goals lost were very preventable. Comic defending for the first and just too slow to react to the second, and I'm including McGregor in that. He should have been able to get a hand to that but was just too slow to react. 

Looked like we were playing in 1st gear for most of the match. 

Not many players I would give pass Mark's tonight. Kamara, Arfield and Morelos and Roofe at some points but the rest were pretty mince.

We missed Aribo (anyone know what is wrong with him?) And the high tempo we have been playing with recently.

Players looking like they are listening to the hype and letting it go to their heads and thinking that they only need to turn up. 

Also, they made 5subs tonight. What happened to we have just as good a player to bring on if someone goes off? Lots of players looked like they were off tonight and we never made a single sub!! Fucks that all about?

Just now, Rangers_no1 said:

Spurs might not finish top been playing reserve sides. 

Leverkusen, Young Boys, Soceidad(top in Spain) Spurs(potentially) Braga, AC Milan(top in Serie A) and Feyenoord is comparable to the above list.

Probably will though, equal with Antwerp and due to play them again which they'll probably win, if we're taking a guess at the end result you'd have to say they're more likely. Same goes for Leverkusen although Slavia Prague are a good side too so either way that one is tough anyway.

Take away those two and the only teams there I think are comparable are Soceidad and Milan. We know Braga and Young Boys are good but not on the Arsenal, Tottenham, Napoli, Roma, Leicester level. Closer to the Lille and Villareal though. Those teams are ones we can be beat though (as we have shown), don't fancy us much against a Napoli or EPL team though.

Anyway, guess work at this stage and still need to do the business

Just now, MurrayWilson said:

No, i disagree. They generally have played a lot pishier teams in the qualifying rounds. And theyve managed to lose to some of them as well.

As much as I’d like that to be true I don’t think it is. We’ve been starting from EL Q1 and they’ve been in less CL qualifiers 

Archived