Can't be too hard on them, but...

British_Empire

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

There were mistakes made on the park. There were mistakes made by Gerrard. Fair enough.

Previous game was brutal to lose a 2 goal lead to 10 men. Tonight their subs brought not only freshness but improvement in their play. 

But fucking hell they're as good a team as we've played in years, its a credit to us to come out even against a team that spent e100m this summer.

Big picture stuff here, we're on a great trajectory. 

Their one touch play at the edge of the box was fantastic at times....we are beating that team on the head to head....nothing really to be getting too worked up about in truth 

Just now, hammer93 said:

Their one touch play at the edge of the box was fantastic at times....we are beating that team on the head to head....nothing really to be getting too worked up about in truth 

The way they did that to us is like how we do it to scottish football.

Yet we still came out evens. They're a very decent outfit.

5 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

Ffs we top the group on the head to head with Benfica and have a 5pt advantage over the other 2 teams.....if that scenario was offered before a ball was kicked I think we would all have took it....it seems sometimes that the negatives always outweigh the positives for some

Mate, of course we would. But if you were offered a draw after being 3-1 and 2-0 in the last fifteen minutes, you’re not taking it either. We should be qualified already and play half arsed teams to really focus on the league.

38 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

There's no excuse for twice in two weeks throwing away a 2-goal lead like that against the same team with 15-minutes to play. 

We've been outrageously good this season, but the game management has been shocking on those two instances.

Tav picked the wrong game to go back to the Tav of old but he's been a revelation this season so you can't hold it against him.

At 2-0 I was wanting us to sacrifice maybe Roofe and put Helander on to shore things up but hey-ho.

From the start I thought our defence looked nervous for reasons unknown to me. I'm stunned as to why because we've been so strong.

We seemed to play the same way as we did against Poznan, sitting deep but the problem was we were sloppy with clearances and inviting pressure straight back on. You can play that way against Poznan but not against a team of Benfica's quality, sadly.

Just seen the sore in the other game. 93'rd minute winner, a draw would have been better.

I just hope the heads don't go down from the boys and it's not defining moment in our season or anything. It shouldn't be, but there's a lot to learn from tonight. 

Great season so far, but that, again, was pretty unforgivable. 

Giz peace man

Pedro was unforgivable 

Some folk in this thread literally don't live on the correct planet if they don't see anything wrong with what's happened, twice in a row, in 2 weeks, with 15-minutes to go against the same team when it's been our own making.

Why can't two things be true that on the whole, they are good results and would have taken them before hand and it was unacceptable to do what we've done?

Why does it have to be one or the other?

14 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

“Helander on for Roofe” :lol: :lol: as bad as barker on for Kent ffs.. 

How? you sacrifice something up top and shore things up in our defence that looked ropey to keep the clean sheet. How's it the same as putting Barker on for Kent :lol: 

3 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Mate, of course we would. But if you were offered a draw after being 3-1 and 2-0 in the last fifteen minutes, you’re not taking it either. We should be qualified already and play half arsed teams to really focus on the league.

I get that, out the 5 goals we conceded 3 of the goals were defended very poorly.....against good sides you get punished...although we were up 2-0 tonight I didn't think we were playing particularly well, the first half they controlled the tempo....like I said before I'm happy where were at 22 unbeaten at home and in Europe 👍

Just now, British_Empire said:

no right now my problem is you being a spastic and not being able to comprehend the most simple of points. I've not said anything out of order.

Nothing wrong with my physical condition - clown. 

Obviously you've a mental condition, maybe alzheimer's. 

I'll write it again - Pedro was unforgivable 

3 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

Some folk in this thread literally don't live on the correct planet if they don't see anything wrong with what's happened, twice in a row, in 2 weeks, with 15-minutes to go against the same team when it's been our own making.

Why can't two things be true that on the whole, they are good results and would have taken them before hand and it was unacceptable to do what we've done?

Why does it have to be one or the other?

You know me mate I’ve never been the ultra positive type, but I feel we do owe the team leeway so far this season with what they’ve put in 

Obviously have to kick on now but unlike previous seasons there’s plenty of reason to be confident that we will 

Absolutely gutted not to get 6 points against those cunts. But see to be honest, they are a quality team and I can't slate any of our players. Maybe we should have shored it up wi Helander but we didnae look like conceding. Anyway..we are qualifying fae this group and the nappy rippers are fucked. No surrender. 

Archived