Can't be too hard on them, but...

British_Empire

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another thing we do which fucking kills me is dropping off and playing 15 yards deeper. You see it time and again in football. 

Teams drop, concede space and allow the other team to have the ball in the middle of the park and play the low block. Then shock horror they concede. We did it again tonight, just defend like we had been doing for 70 mins and we’d have seen the game out. 

24 minutes ago, WilliamMunny said:

FFS we are not invincible.  Win next week and this will be forgotten about.  Best team we have played in years - 2 draws are great results. 

Agree but it is a positive sign on how far we have come that we are disappointed with a 5-5 draw with Benfica over two games!

Expectations are sky high 🔴🔵

Just now, WATP-FOREVER said:

Quit the insults clown. 

One day you'll realise the answer isn't at the bottom of a bottle m8.

1 minute ago, Brackley Bluenose said:

Another thing we do which fucking kills me is dropping off and playing 15 yards deeper. You see it time and again in football.

Teams drop, concede space and allow the other team to have the ball in the middle of the park and play the low block. Then shock horror they concede. We did it again tonight, just defend like we had been doing for 70 mins and we’d have seen the game out. 

I think that was tactical because we done the same thing against Poznan and Gerrard more or less admitted after the game that was the plan. I can see why we've done it tonight too especially given our superb defensive record, but when your defence looks a bit ropey and the second balls are going back to Benfica in and around our final third it doesn't look like the best tactic. It puts a strain on the whole unit. 

We looked great on the counter attack though when Davis was picking up the balls, Kent was running and everything going through Kamara with ease - I just think sitting in too deep, inviting them tactically cost us in the end when changes should have been made at 2-0 to give us the win.

2 minutes ago, Brackley Bluenose said:

We didn’t drop. We were undone by the better team on the night.

Was frustrating but it wasn’t like we took the lead and were clinging on.

Benfica got the goals cos they were the better team

15 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

How? you sacrifice something up top and shore things up in our defence that looked ropey to keep the clean sheet. How's it the same as putting Barker on for Kent :lol: 

Helander cost us 2 goals in the first leg ffs. 

1 minute ago, British_Empire said:

One day you'll realise the answer isn't at the bottom of a bottle m8.

I think that was tactical because we done the same thing against Poznan and Gerrard more or less admitted after the game that was the plan. I can see why we've done it tonight too especially given our superb defensive record, but when your defence looks a bit ropey and the second balls are going back to Benfica in and around our final third it doesn't look like the best tactic. It puts a strain on the whole unit. 

We looked great on the counter attack though when Davis was picking up the balls, Kent was running and everything going through Kamara with ease - I just think sitting in too deep, inviting them tactically cost us in the end when changes should have been made at 2-0 to give us the win.

Spastic 

6 minutes ago, Bronzy said:

It’s understandable tbf, we’ve been brilliant so far this season which hasn’t given him the chance to spout his usual pish.

If you had been paying attention instead of being a wee mongo bastard you would have seen i've been full of praise for both the team and management. So fuck up.

Just now, Brian Fantana said:

Helander cost us 2 goals in the first leg ffs. 

What's that got to do with bringing him on the last 20-minutes of this game? that and you could also say Easter Road are probably the only 2 bad games I've seen him play for us.

Do you think he'd cost us another 2 goals in the last 20-minutes or something too because he had a bad game a couple of weeks ago. Is that how you think football actually works? 

Weird as it may sound, don't think today and last time were the same. Last time we fucked it v 10 men and failed in some basic game management. This time it was a team that upped its level and we flagged a bit in the face of it. Maybe a sub would have helped, but really it was the midfield that needed freshened the most, and due to circumstances we were thin on fresh options there.

2 minutes ago, ElBufalo20 said:

We didn’t drop. We were undone by the better team on the night.

Was frustrating but it wasn’t like we took the lead and were clinging on.

Benfica got the goals cos they were the better team

we did drop mate, our starting positions were all much deeper last 20/25 minutes than they were previously. Granted they were popping it about but if you don't concede that 15 yards then they are popping around 30 yards from goal rather than in and around your box, as led to their second goal. 

Just now, Inigo said:

Weird as it may sound, don't think today and last time were the same. Last time we fucked it v 10 men and failed in some basic game management. This time it was a team that upped its level and we flagged a bit in the face of it. Maybe a sub would have helped, but really it was the midfield that needed freshened the most, and due to circumstances we were thin on fresh options there.

I get what you're saying but I think tonight they had 3 or 4 of their top players out so I think (for me anyway) swings it back the way in regards both games being as bad (and the fact we were at Ibrox).

But I do agree that they are a top team and we are punching above our weight in Europe under Gerrard. Possibly victims of our own success.

4 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

What's that got to do with bringing him on the last 20-minutes of this game? that and you could also say Easter Road are probably the only 2 bad games I've seen him play for us.

Do you think he'd cost us another 2 goals in the last 20-minutes or something too because he had a bad game a couple of weeks ago. Is that how you think football actually works? 

There was not one player slacking on that pitch and not one I would blame for a slip up like helander has had against them in the past. 

clearly you don’t understand how football works - in general, the club worth around £200 million generally beat the club worth around £55 million. It’s disappointing to drop a 2 goal lead, but we are doing more than punching above our weight to hold that 2 nil lead for so long in the game in the first place. To think we could have done more is expecting too much imo. 

We are top of this league, and our domestic league. Yes, it disappointing not to pick up 3 points but, fuck me. Some of our support don't half exaggerate and will never be happy until we win the Champions league. 

26 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

no right now my problem is you being a spastic and not being able to comprehend the most simple of points. I've not said anything out of order.

5 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

I think you should get yourself assessed mate. You're alarmingly on the spectrum as far as I can see.

There's a simple test that involves folding a piece of paper. I can send you a link to it.

What are you talking about - a pathetic, mischievous topic at so far 4 excellent EL games we've played and 2 of those against l4 favourites.

Archived