Can't be too hard on them, but...

British_Empire

I’m nowhere near as deflated tonight as I was with the game over in Lisbon. That game, and the loss of those goals was truly shocking and should never have happened against 10 men.

But tonight, I think it was clear that 11v11, when they chose to quicken their play, they could cut right through us. Almost at will.

They’re a class outfit and a draw is a pretty fair result. Also, we should’ve had the most blatant of pens at 2-1, which would have killed the game. Now THAT non-award is unforgivable.

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Brian Fantana said:

There was not one player slacking on that pitch and not one I would blame for a slip up like helander has had against them in the past. 

clearly you don’t understand how football works - in general, the club worth around £200 million generally beat the club worth around £55 million. It’s disappointing to drop a 2 goal lead, but we are doing more than punching above our weight to hold that 2 nil lead for so long in the game in the first place. To think we could have done more is expecting too much imo. 

It's not about players slacking though. It's tactical. You make a change and put an emphasis on another area of the pitch to keep the door closed or at least limit their chances. 

Out of that 200-million figure, they had almost 100-million of talent missing tonight. You forget that.

I'm not expecting too much at all. The point you (and a couple of others) are enjoying missing is that of course you'd have took this position before the double-header with them. We are top of the group after all, with two games left against the 2 weakest sides in the group.

If anyone said they demand 4-6 points before the double header you could 100% say "you're expecting too much so pipe down" ... but with 15-minutes to go, in two games, in 2 weeks, being 2 goals up - how exactly is it expecting too much to have at least 1 win from that?

It's not expecting too much.

Game one we were naive, considered ourselves home and hosed. Tonight that mob were well worth a draw. 

Did not help we were denied a stone wall and injuries fucked us, Helander, Aribo, Jack, Zungu (? Mibbie) would have came on. We had little options. 

We have in effect just put them out in a knock out situation 

One point needed? Two games. Could leave group undefeated. 

We might have picked up a lesson in this group but we’ve given more out. 

Half cut proud as fuck tonight to be honest. 

As a delightful extra, I’m wondering just how good Roofe is. 

9 minutes ago, Sket said:

If you had been paying attention instead of being a wee mongo bastard you would have seen i've been full of praise for both the team and management. So fuck up.

Must’ve missed that post.

3 minutes ago, WATP-FOREVER said:

What are you talking about - a pathetic, mischievous topic at so far 4 excellent EL games we've played and 2 of those against l4 favourites.

This here is exactly why I think you're drunk and/or you've zero comprehension.

I'm not saying we aren't in a good position, punching above our weight and that we wouldn't all have bitten your hand off for this at the start of the campaign. 

2 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

This here is exactly why I think you're drunk and/or you've zero comprehension.

I'm not saying we aren't in a good position, punching above our weight and that we wouldn't all have bitten your hand off for this at the start of the campaign. 

You're a spastic 

16 minutes ago, Brackley Bluenose said:

we did drop mate, our starting positions were all much deeper last 20/25 minutes than they were previously. Granted they were popping it about but if you don't concede that 15 yards then they are popping around 30 yards from goal rather than in and around your box, as led to their second goal. 

Not true. We were never in control of that game. Was great to be 2-0 up but we never really created anything else or took the game towards them.

Even at 2 nil up Benfica didn’t really do anything different. Just kept playing the way they did and unfortunately got the goals.

Not going to criticise the team or management as we just found it tough tonight against a good team.

Just now, WATP-FOREVER said:

You are a clown, an absolute clown - you should be joining ǝpɐbıɹq uǝǝɹb ǝɥʇ 

Can't.

Because I'm already a member of the &##dff77vvffvdfmmfdfe99efeccc k~~@@ff44fffff@***7778sadnjasndjwdedxdedcs'';++ , mate

Archived