Alfie ain’t the player he was last season

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yip, he’s even better this season. No longer the isolated centre forward that the team shape depended on to be on top of his game and suffered if he wasn’t. Still got a bit to go to iron out his new s

Last year he played as a striker This year he's playing as a forward.   I've kept that as simple as I can for those here that don't understand.

We were a one man team last season. 

Posted Images

Yeh I thought he really played a team performance tonight, different kind of game for him - i thought he did really well took a few kicks as well to be fair to him. 

I was thinking during the game, its a good job he doesn't speak much english because he's a moany bastard - he'd do your fucking head in as a teammate! 

8 minutes ago, AlCapone said:

Another reason why this seasons team is much better, able to match the quality of Benfica over two games and be disappointed at not beating them. 

Thought he had a great game tonight, his hold up play, tackling, running off the ball and general work ethic was first class. He was also unlucky not to get a goal with a good effort on target.
He is playing a very different role this season but should he find his shooting boots again look at the strike force we’ll be going forward in to the remainder of the season with...

JCDBigBear likes this

He’s totally different to what he has been in the previous 3 seasons .

He does a lot of great work for the team as he has in the past .He just isn’t getting in those goal scoring positions anywhere near as many times as he was .

As long as we are still racking up points it doesn’t matter ,But if the wee man can start getting chances and sticking them away then we are taking this team to another level .

Was certain that shot was going in after the keeper parried it. That would have been brilliant for him (and us). I've noticed a few times that some players won't cross it in for him now. Kent was guilty of that tonight near the end. No idea if that was the bosses orders to try & keep the ball, but he was in at the back post if Kent had found him.

His range of passing has really developed as well as his control and awareness. As everyone says, a team player now. Miss seeing him scoring though!!! 

HG5 and AlCapone like this
10 minutes ago, LegendofCoop said:

Was certain that shot was going in after the keeper parried it. That would have been brilliant for him (and us). I've noticed a few times that some players won't cross it in for him now. Kent was guilty of that tonight near the end. No idea if that was the bosses orders to try & keep the ball, but he was in at the back post if Kent had found him.

His range of passing has really developed as well as his control and awareness. As everyone says, a team player now. Miss seeing him scoring though!!! 

His scoring will come 

LegendofCoop likes this
6 minutes ago, jjbscotty12 said:

He was better last season obviously, we won’t be getting anywhere near the £20m we are holding out for if his goals continue to dry up.

He was better but when he stopped scoring we collapsed. 

He's dropping deeper allowing other players to run into space and cause teams all sorts of bother. 

He'll go for £18-20m bare minimum in the summer. 

JCDBigBear and Essandoh like this
29 minutes ago, LegendofCoop said:

I watched him a lot on Sunday, after a remark my lad made that he had 3 or 4 men on him at times (what were the rest doing with all that space then....?😂).

But watch I did & there were numerous occasions where he was in 10 to 20 yards of space, through the middle & he was simply ignored.

Not sure if the rest have decided it’s not all about the £20m man any more & have decided to boost their own contributions or what, but it seems to be working, one way or another.

LegendofCoop likes this
8 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

He was better but when he stopped scoring we collapsed. 

He's dropping deeper allowing other players to run into space and cause teams all sorts of bother. 

He'll go for £18-20m bare minimum in the summer. 

Not a chance unless he starts scoring regularly.

graeme_4 likes this