The smallest minded country in the world

RFC55

Scotland fans to turn Wembley into Diego.day when the republican national side go down to play England.

Aye amazing eh, a national.side that have never got by a group stage slagging world Cup winners that arguably the greatest player in the world cheated against them and also scored one of the best goals scored in the same game.

Thatll show them

Hope yees get fucking leathered 

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
40 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

People are genuinely annoyed that the English are still annoyed at him, Shilton particularly. I’d be fuming had I been English 

People on here go on about the stolen throw in from the 89 Cup Final all the time. I've never understood people saying Shilton should just get over it.

Scotland is an awful nation these days. We revere in this sort of nonsense.

Likewise the story this morning too about Scot's getting a big laser to say loser on Trump's golf course too, or the SNP morons that were out with their bedsheets when Boris Johnson had the audacity to visit the Scottish Isles a few months back. 

Regardless of what you think of the England football team, Maradona, Trump or Boris - all that stuff is cringeworthy, childish pish that makes us look like a backwards wee nation. 

4 hours ago, British_Empire said:

Likewise the story this morning too about Scot's getting a big laser to say loser on Trump's golf course too, or the SNP morons that were out with their bedsheets when Boris Johnson had the audacity to visit the Scottish Isles a few months back. 

Regardless of what you think of the England football team, Maradona, Trump or Boris - all that stuff is cringeworthy, childish pish that makes us look like a backwards wee nation. 

I think most people think like this, but the media (and social media) give any idiot a platform these days. 

5 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

I think most people think like this, but the media (and social media) give any idiot a platform these days. 

Social media has ruined society man honestly. Thought it for years.

Maybe I'm being hypocritical because I've got a Facebook myself even if I don't use it that much, but from a personal point of view I know that the times I've went long periods (a year or two at a time) not on my Facebook or even the times I'm on 30-day bans, I feel a lot happier and less stressed. 

It's just one big stage in the worlds biggest Opera House for every mongo under the sun to annoy you. 

The media then picks up on stuff on social media and it gives them their stories for them and the idiots their oxygen.

Maybe China has it right with all forms of social media being banned. We really need to do a rewind or press a reset button at some point before the whole world and future generations just go full-blown retard.

2 minutes ago, ger4life_1872 said:

Is his cheating any worse than England trying to elbow and kick him out the same game 

Yes.

Teams have fouled, hacked, gave it out from the start of time. It's a tactic. You run the risk of bookings and sending's off. Constantly fouling isn't cheating as you get punished for in different ways during the game.

3 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

Yes.

Teams have fouled, hacked, gave it out from the start of time. It's a tactic. You run the risk of bookings and sending's off. Constantly fouling isn't cheating as you get punished for in different ways during the game.

They weren't punished for it though , Fenwick should have been off in the first half even by 86 standards , it wasn't constant fouling it was an assault 

The pathetic and tragic thing is that a lot of the tartan army wont truly appreciate the 2nd goal he scored in that game cos they basically have no appreciation of football. For them all they remember about Maradona is that he stuck it up the english, not that he was the player he was or that he scored the greatest goal in world cup history that day.

10 hours ago, McEwan's Lager said:

People on here go on about the stolen throw in from the 89 Cup Final all the time. I've never understood people saying Shilton should just get over it.

Loads of folk up here expect the English to fondly remember by different standards. Them going on and on about '66, an actual WC win, is obviously annoying. Us going on and on the same way about a single goal in 78 or a single win in 67 isn't obv.

Our pundits are every bit as insufferable as theirs when we win something as well.

10 hours ago, McEwan's Lager said:

I’ve never understood it mate. 

5 hours ago, ger4life_1872 said:

They weren't punished for it though , Fenwick should have been off in the first half even by 86 standards , it wasn't constant fouling it was an assault 

5 hours ago, ger4life_1872 said:

Is his cheating any worse than England trying to elbow and kick him out the same game 

I’ve seen the two goals from the game and that’s it, but yes. Couldn’t have tried to kick him hard enough considering they let him walk through their team at a canter.

16 hours ago, British_Empire said:

The ‘protests’ when Trump came over we’re peak cringe regardless of what you think of him. Folk in George Square holding up signs written in Scottish slang calling him a bawbag and that.

Saudi leader was over round about the same time and no mention of him despite Saudi being one of the most backward places and biggest human rights abusers in the world 

Archived