Kamara

Colin Traive

Hope I’m not talking out of turn here and I certainly don’t mean it in a derogatory way but top black athletes just have this ability to be able to get to the ball before somebody else when it’s looking like a 50/50 or even when somebody is trying to get past them they are so good at getting a foot in when it almost looks impossible to do so. Him and Aribo are both class at it, they can get so much range with their movements. Couldn’t agree more about his technical ability some of the stuff he does is class, will always take the ball in tight situations. 

we’ll get a few quid for him when the time comes. 

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Marco said:

Paid 50K for him, got him on a lengthy contract and the lad's only 25. Still a few more years before we see his absolute best and the potential to make a fortune from him. Best singular piece of business we've done in a long, long time.

hmm, 1m for a player thats got 84 goals in 150 games for us though...

14 minutes ago, Brackley Bluenose said:

Hope I’m not talking out of turn here and I certainly don’t mean it in a derogatory way but top black athletes just have this ability to be able to get to the ball before somebody else when it’s looking like a 50/50 or even when somebody is trying to get past them they are so good at getting a foot in when it almost looks impossible to do so. Him and Aribo are both class at it, they can get so much range with their movements. Couldn’t agree more about his technical ability some of the stuff he does is class, will always take the ball in tight situations. 

we’ll get a few quid for him when the time comes. 

55DDDCCD-B9EF-422B-884B-8C997D6AAB51.jpeg

41 minutes ago, The Beast said:

He's added a lot more physicality and focus as well. 

In previous seasons he'd be out-muscled often and occasionally made poor passes/decisions when he switched off. Both aspects of his play have improved dramatically this season.

It's all the steroids we're given the players :craphead:

53 minutes ago, stevemac said:

Oh I certainly considered Morelos, but from a purely financial side Kamara represents a laughably low transfer fee that's 1/20th of Morelos'

2 hours ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

I would say Kamara is arguably the coaching teams greatest achievement. He is quite possibly one of the best coached players I have actually seen while supporting us. 

2 hours ago, 16BlueSherbert90 said:

We were critical of our coaching staff in previous seasons, but they really do know what they're looking to get from our players...

Kamara is outstanding. Workrate from him is unreal. 

Glenn is a product of his environment, he is learning under the tutelage of 2 guys who were really top midfielders in the game. He is a symbol of the success on the training ground and the professional culture Stevie's team have brought to the club.

Lbh the boy has always been a player, having been on Arsenals books and learning at a club who had fantastic pedigree at nurturing youth players, however he didn't end up in Dundee for no reason. Many players after being at a top club get shipped to clubs such as Dundee then fall out the game because their hopes are gone. Credit to the boy he stuck in at Dundee and I remember saying at a game at Ibrox we should be looking to sign him because he was outstanding in a pretty poor team. He got his opportunity to get himself back to a big club and, despite some off performances, has really grasped it. A proper athlete with really good agility and the management have instilled a level of aggression to his play that he maybe lacked before.

We are reaping the benefit of a fantastic pro player and equally fantastic coaching team.

1 hour ago, Leftpegcoopz11 said:

Looking at the wiki for Kamara, must have been Neil McCann that signed him for Dundee. Can obviously spot a good player when he see's one. 

It was and it was McCann who recommended him to us as well, I believe.

8 hours ago, stevemac said:

Morelos was a brilliant bit of business but honestly if I was a big European team I’d pay even more money for Kamara than I would for Alfredo 

If we can sell Kamara and Morelos for best part of £40m that will be unbelievable business...Whilst both great players we're not reliant on them so think there'll be off in the summer to balance the books. Kamara could fit into any EPL and not look out of place. 

8 minutes ago, andyhrfc said:

To think there were many on here ripping him to shreds a few months ago.  

Another example of a player who has developed and realized his potential under the current management. 

Yep. I was one who defended him. So much of his work was unnoticed.

4 minutes ago, bluebell82 said:

If we can sell Kamara and Morelos for best part of £40m that will be unbelievable business...Whilst both great players we're not reliant on them so think there'll be off in the summer to balance the books. Kamara could fit into any EPL and not look out of place. 

Pretty sure we will have been looking for replacements for some time.  Replacements that have the right attitude to work hard and improve the team and themselves.   

Get it right and we make money on sales whilst bringing in the right sort players.

11 hours ago, Brackley Bluenose said:

Hope I’m not talking out of turn here and I certainly don’t mean it in a derogatory way but top black athletes just have this ability to be able to get to the ball before somebody else when it’s looking like a 50/50 or even when somebody is trying to get past them they are so good at getting a foot in when it almost looks impossible to do so. Him and Aribo are both class at it, they can get so much range with their movements.

Yeh but they can't swim. :neillennon:

49 minutes ago, andyhrfc said:

To think there were many on here ripping him to shreds a few months ago.  

Another example of a player who has developed and realized his potential under the current management. 

He was absolutely slaughtered on here from way too many people last season. Glad to see he's proved them wrong. 

Archived