*****Official Falkirk V Rangers Match Thread*****

BridgeIsBlue

• Replies 873
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, The Dude said:

As long as the game goes ahead on Sunday. Passed up on doing one tomorrow because I'm at Falkirk on Sunday :lol:

How many players have to be affected for the game to be forfeited? Would rather we didn't have to play on that surface.

5 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

How many players have to be affected for the game to be forfeited? Would rather we didn't have to play on that surface.

Depends on the size of the squad tbh. As long as you've got enough players to field a team (plus a couple subs) it's game on. Clubs can withdraw if they want but can't see that happening here tbh.

20 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Two Falkirk players have tested positive for Covid. No further close contacts identified.

I'd play a second string team here and anyone who plays stays the fuck away from the 1st team squad. Huge risk if others in their team are in the incubation period or catch it before Sunday.

1 minute ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

I'd play a second string team here and anyone who plays stays the fuck away from the 1st team squad. Huge risk if others in their team are in the incubation period or catch it before Sunday.

Tbh, it's no bigger a risk than any other came given the incubation periods. Look at the other games we've played against teams who have had positive tests without any issues.

2 minutes ago, GA1972 said:

Personal opinion obviously but I’ve played on both plenty and I much prefer playing at Stenny, ball runs slow on the Falkirk pitch 

Its a far better standard of pitch and iirc is a higher grader surface too. It runs slow with hired because its never watered before them. I've been at most Falkirk home games this season for work and never once has the pitch been any sort of issue for teams trying to get the ball down and play. From experience of playing on both too, Stennys tends to be a bit lumpy at times and poorly maintained for the amount of use that it gets. Falkirks is probably the best artificial pitch in use by a league team in Scotland. 

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Its a far better standard of pitch and iirc is a higher grader surface too. It runs slow with hired because its never watered before them. I've been at most Falkirk home games this season for work and never once has the pitch been any sort of issue for teams trying to get the ball down and play. From experience of playing on both too, Stennys tends to be a bit lumpy at times and poorly maintained for the amount of use that it gets. Falkirks is probably the best artificial pitch in use by a league team in Scotland. 

Fair enough mate I’ve took a fair few sore ones on that Falkirk pitch due to horrendously slow passes coming at me so I’m probably a bit biased :lol:

Hadnt thought about the pitch being watered, hopefully they don’t try to fuck us about by not watering it as much as they usually would 

3 minutes ago, GA1972 said:

Fair enough mate I’ve took a fair few sore ones on that Falkirk pitch due to horrendously slow passes coming at me so I’m probably a bit biased :lol:

Hadnt thought about the pitch being watered, hopefully they don’t try to fuck us about by not watering it as much as they usually would 

They won't. It hurts them as much as it would us. Everything I've heard from them suggests they'll come out and try play since sitting back doesn't seem to do much good against us either

8 minutes ago, The Dude said:

They won't. It hurts them as much as it would us. Everything I've heard from them suggests they'll come out and try play since sitting back doesn't seem to do much good against us either

Exactly what we needed to achieve this season. Seems like Gerrard and Beale have well and truly sorted it out

5 minutes ago, RockwellGers said:

Exactly what we needed to achieve this season. Seems like Gerrard and Beale have well and truly sorted it out

Spot on, teams now just can’t sit back because we’ll score eventually but if they try to play they can get done like Hamilton did 

Change the keeper and play the strongest back four whilst ringing the changes in midfield and up front. Should be a stroll for the defence but will make sure we don’t have a banana skin moment.

Change defence as and when we are 3-0 up after 60 minutes. 

Archived