*****Official Falkirk V Rangers Match Thread*****

BridgeIsBlue

• Replies 873
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, chris182 said:

It might be cause we were first tie out the hat. The TV picks will determine the date?

I mean, we should have qualified from our Europa group on Thursday. 

But we have the best head to head with Benfica, so i wouldn't want to send a 2nd string to Poland, as we want to win the group and get seeded.

1 minute ago, Siam69 said:

I mean, we should have qualified from our Europa group on Thursday. 

But we have the best head to head with Benfica, so i wouldn't want to send a 2nd string to Poland, as we want to win the group and get seeded.

Agreed but Tannadice and the QF are bigger games IMO

Just now, The Dude said:

Club tweet is saying 15/16/17 and not see TV picks confirmed yet

Sure that's what normally happens. There are provisional dates given at draw time then proper dates confirmed in a day or two. 

As you say, tv will dictate but I'd say highly unlikely we will play on the Tuesday.

1 hour ago, Copeland1983 said:

think we need to calm down with this mate. Boy is 22. Might not be top of his game the now but has talent. Took Borna and Alfie time to settle, lets get behind him.

Also gotta give credit to Falkirk who didnt give any our boys a breath while on the ball tonight, was constantly applying pressure unlike anything ive seen in scottish football so its no wonder he looked as poor but its the pressure you need to work on.

needs more game time to find his feet etc

5 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Thought Falkirk gave a decent account of themselves. As competitive as most in the SPFL this season. 

Agreed. Said the same thing last night It was a competitive game and kept us on our twos especially the last half an hour.

Though I think us bringing on the subs sorta killed it the last half an hour too.

Not being harsh to everyone that came on (liked the look of Dickson) but a couple of kids, Middleton with Tav and Barisic coming off too and Zungu playing (who is a different sort of midfielder from what we're used to who tends to go more long with his passes) and I think it's understandable. Was happy to put a halt to any more goals, in order to give some others valuable game time (and obviously keep the clean sheet too).

5 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

Agreed. Said the same thing last night It was a competitive game and kept us on our twos especially the last half an hour.

Though I think us bringing on the subs sorta killed it the last half an hour too.

Not being harsh to everyone that came on (liked the look of Dickson) but a couple of kids, Middleton with Tav and Barisic coming off too and Zungu playing (who is a different sort of midfielder from what we're used to who tends to go more long with his passes) and I think it's understandable. Was happy to put a halt to any more goals, in order to give some others valuable game time (and obviously keep the clean sheet too).

Genuinely impressed by Falkirks commitment to playing the game. If that was the kind of coaching that was consistent throughout our football we'd be pishing out a product people would want to watch.

13 hours ago, Siam69 said:

So we're away in Poland on the Thursday,  we then play Dundee on the Sunday, then St Mirren in the Cup on the Tuesday, just 2 days later ffs!

Our game wont be the Tuesday if we play Sunday, which we need to do due to Europe. We will be Wednesday in order to ensure our next game can stay on the Saturday. 

Just now, Rangers_no1 said:

Tuesday December 15
Alloa Athletic v Hibernian - Premier Sports, kick-off 8.00pm        
Dunfermline Athletic v St Johnstone, kick-off 7.45pm

Wednesday December 16
Livingston v Ross County, kick-off 7.45pm
St Mirren v Rangers - Premier Sports, kick-off 8.00pm

Thank fuck!

Archived