Wilshere - Rangers wouldn’t be 1st choice, only interested because of Gerrard.

CR3

Glad we can safely put that rumour in the bin now along with him, the usual arrogance speaking of the Scottish game but poor attitude and a bit disrespectful considering the size of our club compared to his recent stints.

One of the biggest wastes of potential and development of a midfielder in recent years but he doesn’t even deserve to wear the badge anyway with this chat. 

• CR3 changed the title to Wilshere - Rangers wouldn’t be 1st choice, only interested because of Gerrard.
  • Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, British_Empire said:

I don't know if we even have a credible interest in him tbh.

Even if he was in our thoughts, he shouldn't be anymore. Close the chapter on this one.

There was a rumour flying about a month ago that we were interested but the board or Wilson weren’t too keen offering a deal to him because of his lack of interest coming here. That video confirms it. 

Was either someone on here that said it or FF. 

It's clear now and we can move on. Even the way he spoke shows he has no interest but didn't want to look that way just in case. Had nothing to say about us as a club or even our recent level of play.

In summary, he thinks he is too big for us. We don’t want anyone like that. If our players all have fight, hunger, passion and a genuine excitement about the journey we are on then, on our day, we can beat almost any team. People like that would just detract from the team spirit and the ‘club is bigger’ mentality that SG has instilled.

Was a big admirer of his since ‘that’ game against us, but after that comment it’s a ‘no thanks’ from me.

2 minutes ago, Master_Betty said:

In summary, he thinks he is too big for us. We don’t want anyone like that. If our players all have fight, hunger, passion and a genuine excitement about the journey we are on then, on our day, we can beat almost any team. People like that would just detract from the team spirit and the ‘club is bigger’ mentality that SG has instilled.

Was a big admirer of his since ‘that’ game against us, but after that comment it’s a ‘no thanks’ from me.

He wants to play for Gerrard’s team, why would he come here and compromise it. 
We should only sign players that are happy to be at the level of Scottish football? 

1 hour ago, ChampionsAgain said:

There was a rumour flying about a month ago that we were interested but the board or Wilson weren’t too keen offering a deal to him because of his lack of interest coming here. That video confirms it. 

Was either someone on here that said it or FF. 

We have a good team spirit atm. I wouldn't risk bringing in anyone unless they really want it.

3 minutes ago, Howsitgoing said:

He wants to play for Gerrard’s team, why would he come here and compromise it. 
We should only sign players that are happy to be at the level of Scottish football? 

The reality is that we play in Scottish football so to some extent, yes, they need to be happy to play here. But more than that, it’s his ‘don’t really fancy it’ attitude that seals his fate for me. I’d be too concerned that he is not going to bust a guy like we need in the more difficult games. He is incredibly gifted but if he doesn’t apply himself then it won’t count for much.

2 minutes ago, Master_Betty said:

The reality is that we play in Scottish football so to some extent, yes, they need to be happy to play here. But more than that, it’s his ‘don’t really fancy it’ attitude that seals his fate for me. I’d be too concerned that he is not going to bust a guy like we need in the more difficult games. He is incredibly gifted but if he doesn’t apply himself then it won’t count for much.

If he busts a guy for Gerrard it'll give us the same outcome as busting a guy for Rangers.

We have lots of options,in a game that doesn’t suit him where he might have to kick a few players then someone else will step in but European games and maybe against them, might make him a decent asset. 
If he does revitalise his career you would be looking at an 8 figure transfer value.
We need to take risks in the transfer market because we can’t afford players with the quality we require, he’s a risk worth taking. 

6 minutes ago, sandyboyblue said:

For any supporter of Rangers to think any different,  they would have to be delusional.  SG is one of the very few selling points to the game in Scotland now that EBTs can’t be used. 

European football and trophies are also an attraction which you won't get in England unless you are wanted by one of the big six. In recent years also Wolves and Leicester but Rangers would be a safer option if Europe was you motivation. 

he actually thinks hes not going to have retirement forced on him in a year or two max with the state of his injuries.

if he drags it out i cant wait to see him in league 1 on a pay as you play contract.

how long now is that without a club? dont seem like the clubs are racing to sign him.

1 hour ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Professional player saying playing in Scotland wouldn't be his 1st choice shocker.

Nothing wrong with making those comments privately, but they're a bit silly if there's any chance at all of him joining us.

Backs up what you and I were saying about the pull of Gerrard allowing us to punch above our weight when everyone wanted him about after the Livi and Hibs draws though.

Listen the guys not got a lot of options by the look of it if he did he would be signing up somewhere.  I think when he realises that he isn't as great as he thinks he is you will see him settle for one of the clubs that are not his first option. 

Archived