Wilshere - Rangers wouldn’t be 1st choice, only interested because of Gerrard.

CR3

9 minutes ago, The Dude said:

From what I've heard, nobody in MLS is currently willing to give him a designated player contract (one which means he can get paid the bug bucks he wants) so MLS looks to be a no go for him too.

The Championship/China beckons.

Even China is unlikely as I don’t think they’re allowed to pay the astronomical wages to players anymore 

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
40 minutes ago, Raligt said:

There are a number of reasons why he is still a free agent.

The main one is his pay off on top of an already very healthy bank balance. He’s had many offers so far, just none to his liking. He knows fine well he is likely to get a corker of an offer in January 

1 minute ago, magic8ball said:

Is there also a limit or was this brought into make sure there was a limit on foreign players .

There's a limit on matchday squad iirc but not the actual number you can have contracted. Partly to stop them just bringing in over-paid foreign dross but think it had also very quickly become completely unsustainable to spend at the level they were.

36 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Surely a professional player with his injury problems would be happy to play at the level we're at atm? 

I think its more the standard of scottish football than us playing in Europe etc. Which is fair enough as the standard is pretty shite.

I agree with others that he's been a bit daft saying it if the chance to come is still there for him. But he's not gave Rangers his middle finger which is how some seem to be feeling he's behaved towards us.

I actually worry more about him still being without a contract as we move into December yet claims he's been fit for ages. Somethings not right there.

Don't have an issue with what he's said.

However who does he think he is? He thinks he's Ronaldo or Messi or something and has the choice of hundreds of clubs. If that was the case he'd have signed for someone already. He's barely kicked a ball in years. No one wants you mate. You're boring. He keeps greeting about wanting to play. Well stop doing interviews and pick a fucking team you dick.

28 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I believe the saying goes along the lines of 'beggars can't be choosers'

But he can choose whether or not to sign for us. 

If its money he's after, he'll pick up more elsewhere. If its the chance to win things and be a part of something huge he'd have committed to us by now.

Its no great loss and he's been a bit silly saying what he did if he's still considering our offer. But I just don't see his words as something to be outraged by, the game up here is pretty shit.

1 minute ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

But he can choose whether or not to sign for us. 

If its money he's after, he'll pick up more elsewhere. If its the chance to win things and be a part of something huge he'd have committed to us by now.

Its no great loss and he's been a bit silly saying what he did if he's still considering our offer. But I just don't see his words as something to be outraged by, the game up here is pretty shit.

There is no offer from us.

The game up here might be pretty shit but we're not talking about a generational talent here. If his "first choice" isnt coming to a club where he can compete for trophies and play in Europe regularly, even more reason why we're better off without.

Tbh, I've said for a while Im against the idea anyway. If he wanted to be here, he would be. If we wanted him here, we'd have made an offer. Neither has happened and according to Wilshere there's been no contact.

10 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

I think its more the standard of scottish football than us playing in Europe etc. Which is fair enough as the standard is pretty shite.

I agree with others that he's been a bit daft saying it if the chance to come is still there for him. But he's not gave Rangers his middle finger which is how some seem to be feeling he's behaved towards us.

I actually worry more about him still being without a contract as we move into December yet claims he's been fit for ages. Somethings not right there.

He's managed 30 games in a season once in a decade and wants upwards of 50k per week.

£2.5million a year for someone you *MIGHT* get half a season out of.

24 minutes ago, Swally said:

In the season where players could become genuine legends this guy would rather be somewhere else?

Get him to fuck, only want players here that want to be here and fight for the cause :wanker:

Probable CL football next year too. Would love to know what better offers he thinks he’s going to get

2 minutes ago, OhW said:

What makes you think that? 

Because that when there is a lot of player movement and teams in trouble are desperate, creates lots of openings. You can be sure his agent has already has had contact with clubs who have said they could have an interest 

8 minutes ago, The Dude said:

There is no offer from us.

The game up here might be pretty shit but we're not talking about a generational talent here. If his "first choice" isnt coming to a club where he can compete for trophies and play in Europe regularly, even more reason why we're better off without.

Tbh, I've said for a while Im against the idea anyway. If he wanted to be here, he would be. If we wanted him here, we'd have made an offer. Neither has happened and according to Wilshere there's been no contact.

Wasn't aware he'd said there was no contact from us.

I'm barely bothered about him or what he's said tbh. If he was cheap and was an extra midfield option in Jan then fine. If he never set foot in his nan's country then again, fine.

12 minutes ago, The Dude said:

He's managed 30 games in a season once in a decade and wants upwards of 50k per week.

£2.5million a year for someone you *MIGHT* get half a season out of.

It may well be the money, I think theres more to it than that.

Its like not wanting to commit to a bird because you over value yourself, you think you deserve better, that a better option will come along soon, then find yourself single, fat, and past it at 40. 😁

I've invested a lot of time into that analogy 🤣

1 hour ago, Ger_onimo said:

I’m sure like any player his first choice would be Real, Barca, Bayern or Liverpool. But given that I’ve got as much chance of signing for them as he has, it’s a pretty stupid and arrogant thing to say publicly.

Exactly . Playing the likes of Ross County , Hamilton or Livi doesn't really compare to the above :lol: .

I'm kinda glad in a way , as we have fluidity , playing some top notch football and appear to have a great first team spirit , so I wouldn't risk that on some Billy Big Baws who's not even sure if he wants to be here . 

5 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

It may well be the money, I think theres more to it than that.

Its like not wanting to commit to a bird because you over value yourself, you think you deserve better, that a better option will come along soon, then find yourself single, fat, and past it at 40. 😁

I've invested a lot of time into that analogy 🤣

Depends on how often you were not committing on these sub standard women .

if it was every weekend then there’s nowt wrong with that 😂

29 minutes ago, Laudrup1984 said:

Don't have an issue with what he's said.

However who does he think he is? He thinks he's Ronaldo or Messi or something and has the choice of hundreds of clubs. If that was the case he'd have signed for someone already. He's barely kicked a ball in years. No one wants you mate. You're boring. He keeps greeting about wanting to play. Well stop doing interviews and pick a fucking team you dick.

:lol:  Yes. Perfect summary. 👏👏👏

Archived