Wilshere - Rangers wouldn’t be 1st choice, only interested because of Gerrard.

CR3

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

Not for me thanks, I don't think he could commit, he'd always be looking over his shoulder for a better offer. 

It sounds like he would use Rangers as a stepping stone, hoping he would get back into the EPL and the big money. 

Be best selling the vast majority of the team then

4 hours ago, DiamondDan said:

Kent wouldnt be here if it wasnt for Gerrard, I doubt defoe would. 

You wont get a harder worker and better example for the younger players than Defoe and Kent has been one of the best performers this season.

Butcher, Stevens and Woods wouldnt have come here if the English clubs hadnt been banned from Europe.

Would we all prefer it if he came because we were willing to pay more cash than everyone else? As that's what most other stars have played for Rangers.

If he came out and said his dream was to play in Scotland then he would be a lying bastard, lacking in ambition or insane.

If he comes he will get my backing as long he will give 100%.

Kent was a bit of a journey man before he came here so any Rangers manager would have signed him tbh.

13 minutes ago, G.E.C. said:

Kent was a bit of a journey man before he came here so any Rangers manager would have signed him tbh.

Gerrard only knew about Kent due to his time at Liverpool.  No Gerrard, no Kent.

10 hours ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Professional player saying playing in Scotland wouldn't be his 1st choice shocker.

Regardless of that, to say what he said, says plenty anyway. We don't need that kind of arrogance even if Gerrard was interested...especially given how injury prone he is. 

I would take him, but not at all costs

If it’s a transfer that works for both parties that’s different, he gets exposure and first team games in what has already been a stop start career when u look at his games played. 

We get a player who could really improve the staring 11 and squad setup, he has the potential to be a game winner and changer.

He doesn’t need the money and we possibly don’t need anymore midfielders but if he makes a footballing decision and the board view it a good business I’d be all for it

I think it is all paper talk. If we genuinely wanted him we have had plenty of time to do it over the last few months. Instead we’ve brought in Zungu and as far as I can see made zero attempts to get Wilshere. The fact no club has gone for him is telling imo. If he wants to further torpedo his career by disrespecting a club like ours, which has won more than any club he’s ever played for and has gone further in Europe in recent years than any club he’s played for of late then he’s welcome to enjoy his retirement. 

Cunt is sitting with no job and talks like that. 

Can gtf. Hopefully the only offers he gets are a pay as you play deal and not with us.

Arrogant wee dick. 

Sounds like a racist trying to prove he's not racist with that shite about his granny. Hopefully she's still alive and gives him a clip around the heid with patter like that.

21 minutes ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

Cunt is sitting with no job and talks like that. 

Can gtf. Hopefully the only offers he gets are a pay as you play deal and not with us.

Arrogant wee dick. 

Sounds like a racist trying to prove he's not racist with that shite about his granny. Hopefully she's still alive and gives him a clip around the heid with patter like that.

Pretty sure it’s not his granny. Did he not say “my grandad married a Scottish woman like 30 years ago” that seems to me like it was not his blood relative but a remarriage. 

Not that that changes anything but thought it was worth clarifying 😂

Archived