Helander positive for COVID

RDB14

I said this before in another thread.  Some players will get it.  However the risk is it goes through the team because of close contact eg on scoring goals.   

I work in hospital with covid patients and would not be hugging them if they scored a goal even outside.  

Transmission through the team may constitute our greatest threat.  

First and foremost hope he is okay.

Secondly it's mad how people think we've had an easy run of player availability.

McGregor, Mclaughlin, Borna, Balogun, Helander, Jack, Aribo, Davis, Zungu, Morelos, Defoe, Roofe, Barker, Jones, Edmundson, Patterson to name a few (possibly more) have missed games for a variety of reasons.

We've just coped with it admirably and everyone who has come in has played their part.

It was always going to effect us at some point. Hopefully he’ll be fine and only out for the 2 weeks and others not affected.  We have enough cover but it highlights the idiocy of Edmundson. Imagine Goldson or Balogun are injured we then have selection issue with Katic already out. I think that’s why Gerrard played Bassey in there last night. Margins are so fine this season when we need everyone on it all the time. 

Speedy recovery to the big man. 

Sadly it was only a matter of time before we got hit with it.

Might be a big miss vs Liege, but probably wouldn't have played last night anyway and Ross County away there's every chance Balogun would have been given the nod anyway.

Could have been a lot worse.

12 hours ago, King Jela said:

Big man will be fine, more worried that others now will test positive and we're a bit short at centre back as is. 

What's up with Aribo and Jack? 

Aribo was sent home before Benfica game with a bug (but not thought to be Covid) and Jack is an injury rather than illness.

16 hours ago, gmcf said:

Do agree with you . Is the 7 game ban cover any game or is it just league games ? 

Not 100% sure, but I got the impression from one of Gerrard's interviews that it was imposed by the club so should cover all games. 

Happy to be corrected on that though.

4 minutes ago, wewillfollowrangers said:

A third unnamed player also testing positive according to the hootsman, apart from Nathan Patterson and Filip Helander.

edit - seems its a youth players outwith the first team bubble.

Thank fuck, scary.

Actually just read your post, went to try and check, then came back.

Archived